Samsung Galaxy S4: price and availability in the U.S. compared
0. phoneArena 24 Apr 2013, 06:16 posted on
So, you're planning on getting the amazingly awesome Samsung Galaxy S4, aren't you? Great choice! It's an amazing phone that has a lot to offer – something that everyone who has read our Samsung Galaxy S4 review already knows. What you might not yet know, on the other hand, is that the highly anticipated smartphone is not going to arrive at all U.S. carriers at the same time. While AT&T and Sprint will be among the first ones to start offering it, Verizon subscribers will have to wait until May. Same applies for those using the services of lesser wireless carriers across the U.S. On top of all that, the Samsung Galaxy S4 will carry a different price tag, depending on which carrier you turn to...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. samsungIScopycat (banned) (Posts: 27; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
no thanx about GS4...im waiting G pro.....
from korea, most of korean people like LG than Samsung...include me...
Samsung always copy any good items from companies.. Korean dont like it...
2. sheik (Posts: 249; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
Yeah, But Optimus G Pro copied galaxy note II... So dont give the "korean dont like samsung" rant
3. zubby1995 (Posts: 16; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Samdung Is Great Cheater And A Non Creative Company They Must Do Something New They Are Following From The Other And Your Note Is Copied From HTC Flyer Okay
6. sheik (Posts: 249; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
Lol Htc Flyer Is A 7 Inch Tablet.... I Hope You Know What You Are Talking About
26. moroninc (Posts: 193; Member since: 14 Jul 2012)
my 12 year old chinese kid knows the difference between a tablet and the note .. how are you even registered here??
25. Sangeet (Posts: 232; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Please man!! Shut up!! G Pro's Back Panel is way cooler than the note 2's back panel.
28. SoulEater1667 (Posts: 23; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
It's your opinion ,how can you prove it with solid arguments?
33. dok2005 (Posts: 55; Member since: 18 Apr 2012)
maybe because the look of back panel existed on the optimus g first. then the pro. for some reason samsung said i got to have my back look like that.
34. SoulEater1667 (Posts: 23; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
Note 2 was realesed in 2012 september and G in november you can't say that samsung stealed G design , eventualy lg stealed his aspect.
41. samsungIScopycat (banned) (Posts: 27; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
samsung copied AMOLED skills from LG....
47. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
You mean OLED? Samsung calls their oled displays amoled.
37. Narnag88 (Posts: 4; Member since: 24 Apr 2013)
"from korea, most of korean people like LG than Samsung...include me..."
Wow... That's bold statement
But you ignore the fact - market share in Korea (smartphone)
Apple + etc... 5-10%
So you are saying "MOST" Korean people like LG over Samsung???
40. samsungIScopycat (banned) (Posts: 27; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
only reason that people purchased samsung phone because its cheap.
back at before, samsung sold GS3 for only $70 with contract since when they release GS3 after a month later...and that was big issues from korea.....
and yea...samsung sold more phone...because that are cheap...
44. SleepingOz (unregistered)
I've been there twice and no, Samsung phones ain't any cheaper than LG ones.
S.Koreans like Samsung and they're really proud to show off their Samsung's devices.
46. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
koreanovelas are hit in our country, their artists mostly use Samsung s3 and note2,, :) so its not abt being cheap, classy people like ss phones also
49. SleepingOz (unregistered)
It's called Korean dramas dude.. haha
But yeah, most of the Korean showbiz stars use Samsung smartphones and iPhones.
4. zubby1995 (Posts: 16; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Samdung S4 Has A Fake 8 Cores Faker Faker OKay If It Has So Than It Should Be Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar Better Than The Other Some where HTC One And Sony LG G Pro Beats The Fake 8 Cores LoL You Peoples Are Fakers Fakers
14. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Learn how too speak little boy.
27. SoulEater1667 (Posts: 23; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
Dude, i didn't heard samsung saying that the procesor has 8 cores.No they sad that are 2 procesors that are 4 cores each.You are stupid and missed informed.
5. deadstroke (Posts: 113; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
well l be waity for sammy boy on t mobile... come to papa ^-^
7. zubby1995 (Posts: 16; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Please Guys Dont Waste Your Money On S4 buy HTC One Or G pro ONe Is The BEst
29. SoulEater1667 (Posts: 23; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
Wow, people waste money on whatever they want not on what are you saying.Shut up and if you want to buy a phone then buy one g pro and let us waste our money on s4.
45. SleepingOz (unregistered)
"HTC One Or G pro ONe Is The BEst"
Mind to explain how?
8. Just.Me (Posts: 23; Member since: 24 Apr 2013)
I really dont understand how the price plans work in the US. after 2 years do you still have to pay extra for the phone for it to be yours ??????????
19. rallyguy (Posts: 620; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Are you talking about traditional plans or the new T-Mobile style plans? With traditional plans you pay a reduced amount for the phone at the start of the contract. It's yours as soon as you get it, then you are locked into a 2 year contract for service.
The newer T-Mobile style plans. T-Mobile you pay a certain amount every month towards the phone plus the service plan. When the phone is paid off it is unlocked by the carrier. Verizon is a little different. They basically give you a loan to buy the phone. Then every month you pay an amount towards the phone, plus interest on the remaining balance until it is paid off, plus the service fee. But there is no 2 year contract. In the end the consumer pays more money than a traditional plan, but there is no contract.
Personally, I'm grandfathered into my plan so I have no intention of ever changing anything so I'll gladly renew my contract and save $300 on a phone.
11. bobolicious (Posts: 19; Member since: 20 Jan 2013)
IM going to get this phone soon as comes out. I have sprint and will keep it with them as they are the only company who has unlimted data. Thats mainly what the phone will be used for data. I always have to laugh when i see the other phone companys stats about the data usage comparing prices as well. Look at verizon $80 dollars a month and only 300 mb? some of my newer games are close to 2 gigs for Each game which would be 2100 mb...., and sprint is only $79.99 a month for UNLIMITED. I must say i never get dropped calls or nothing so to me sprint is the way to go.