Samsung Galaxy S4: price and availability in the U.S. compared
0. phoneArena 24 Apr 2013, 06:16 posted on
So, you're planning on getting the amazingly awesome Samsung Galaxy S4, aren't you? Great choice! It's an amazing phone that has a lot to offer – something that everyone who has read our Samsung Galaxy S4 review already knows. What you might not yet know, on the other hand, is that the highly anticipated smartphone is not going to arrive at all U.S. carriers at the same time. While AT&T and Sprint will be among the first ones to start offering it, Verizon subscribers will have to wait until May. Same applies for those using the services of lesser wireless carriers across the U.S. On top of all that, the Samsung Galaxy S4 will carry a different price tag, depending on which carrier you turn to...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. samsungIScopycat (banned) (Posts: 27; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
no thanx about GS4...im waiting G pro.....
from korea, most of korean people like LG than Samsung...include me...
Samsung always copy any good items from companies.. Korean dont like it...
2. sheik (Posts: 249; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
Yeah, But Optimus G Pro copied galaxy note II... So dont give the "korean dont like samsung" rant
3. zubby1995 (Posts: 16; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Samdung Is Great Cheater And A Non Creative Company They Must Do Something New They Are Following From The Other And Your Note Is Copied From HTC Flyer Okay
6. sheik (Posts: 249; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
Lol Htc Flyer Is A 7 Inch Tablet.... I Hope You Know What You Are Talking About
26. moroninc (Posts: 193; Member since: 14 Jul 2012)
my 12 year old chinese kid knows the difference between a tablet and the note .. how are you even registered here??
25. Sangeet (Posts: 232; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Please man!! Shut up!! G Pro's Back Panel is way cooler than the note 2's back panel.
28. SoulEater1667 (Posts: 23; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
It's your opinion ,how can you prove it with solid arguments?
33. dok2005 (Posts: 55; Member since: 18 Apr 2012)
maybe because the look of back panel existed on the optimus g first. then the pro. for some reason samsung said i got to have my back look like that.
34. SoulEater1667 (Posts: 23; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
Note 2 was realesed in 2012 september and G in november you can't say that samsung stealed G design , eventualy lg stealed his aspect.
41. samsungIScopycat (banned) (Posts: 27; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
samsung copied AMOLED skills from LG....
47. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
You mean OLED? Samsung calls their oled displays amoled.
37. Narnag88 (Posts: 4; Member since: 24 Apr 2013)
"from korea, most of korean people like LG than Samsung...include me..."
Wow... That's bold statement
But you ignore the fact - market share in Korea (smartphone)
Apple + etc... 5-10%
So you are saying "MOST" Korean people like LG over Samsung???
40. samsungIScopycat (banned) (Posts: 27; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
only reason that people purchased samsung phone because its cheap.
back at before, samsung sold GS3 for only $70 with contract since when they release GS3 after a month later...and that was big issues from korea.....
and yea...samsung sold more phone...because that are cheap...
44. SleepingOz (unregistered)
I've been there twice and no, Samsung phones ain't any cheaper than LG ones.
S.Koreans like Samsung and they're really proud to show off their Samsung's devices.
46. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
koreanovelas are hit in our country, their artists mostly use Samsung s3 and note2,, :) so its not abt being cheap, classy people like ss phones also
49. SleepingOz (unregistered)
It's called Korean dramas dude.. haha
But yeah, most of the Korean showbiz stars use Samsung smartphones and iPhones.
4. zubby1995 (Posts: 16; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Samdung S4 Has A Fake 8 Cores Faker Faker OKay If It Has So Than It Should Be Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar Better Than The Other Some where HTC One And Sony LG G Pro Beats The Fake 8 Cores LoL You Peoples Are Fakers Fakers
14. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Learn how too speak little boy.
27. SoulEater1667 (Posts: 23; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
Dude, i didn't heard samsung saying that the procesor has 8 cores.No they sad that are 2 procesors that are 4 cores each.You are stupid and missed informed.
5. deadstroke (Posts: 113; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
well l be waity for sammy boy on t mobile... come to papa ^-^
7. zubby1995 (Posts: 16; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Please Guys Dont Waste Your Money On S4 buy HTC One Or G pro ONe Is The BEst
29. SoulEater1667 (Posts: 23; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
Wow, people waste money on whatever they want not on what are you saying.Shut up and if you want to buy a phone then buy one g pro and let us waste our money on s4.
45. SleepingOz (unregistered)
"HTC One Or G pro ONe Is The BEst"
Mind to explain how?
8. Just.Me (Posts: 23; Member since: 24 Apr 2013)
I really dont understand how the price plans work in the US. after 2 years do you still have to pay extra for the phone for it to be yours ??????????
19. rallyguy (Posts: 620; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Are you talking about traditional plans or the new T-Mobile style plans? With traditional plans you pay a reduced amount for the phone at the start of the contract. It's yours as soon as you get it, then you are locked into a 2 year contract for service.
The newer T-Mobile style plans. T-Mobile you pay a certain amount every month towards the phone plus the service plan. When the phone is paid off it is unlocked by the carrier. Verizon is a little different. They basically give you a loan to buy the phone. Then every month you pay an amount towards the phone, plus interest on the remaining balance until it is paid off, plus the service fee. But there is no 2 year contract. In the end the consumer pays more money than a traditional plan, but there is no contract.
Personally, I'm grandfathered into my plan so I have no intention of ever changing anything so I'll gladly renew my contract and save $300 on a phone.
11. bobolicious (Posts: 19; Member since: 20 Jan 2013)
IM going to get this phone soon as comes out. I have sprint and will keep it with them as they are the only company who has unlimted data. Thats mainly what the phone will be used for data. I always have to laugh when i see the other phone companys stats about the data usage comparing prices as well. Look at verizon $80 dollars a month and only 300 mb? some of my newer games are close to 2 gigs for Each game which would be 2100 mb...., and sprint is only $79.99 a month for UNLIMITED. I must say i never get dropped calls or nothing so to me sprint is the way to go.
16. Stayfly2407 (Posts: 55; Member since: 15 Dec 2011)
Dude, tmobile has unlimited too. Sprint isn't the only one.
20. rallyguy (Posts: 620; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
I'm pretty sure T-Mobile throttles you back at about 2GB. Or did they change that?
22. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3723; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
If you read the fine print, you getting throttled on the unlimited plan at around 9,765GB. It would be IMPOSSIBLE to hit that ceiling.
42. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
For the $50, the throttle starts at .5GB. For $60, the throttle start at 2.5GB. For $70, pretty much AYCE.
38. bobolicious (Posts: 19; Member since: 20 Jan 2013)
whats the cost for there unlimted plan?
12. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1345; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
It's like android fanboys vs android fanbois in here. Let's focus on kicking Apple's, Microsoft, and BlackBerry butt. We are on the same team people! Don't you people get that? We are lucky to have many excellent phones in the Android camp. Can you say the same about the others?
13. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
At&t offer the best price for 2yrs 199$ everyone else just too damn greedy
18. JunitoNH (Posts: 1693; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Wow.........$629 they have lost their minds. If carriers, for some reason decide to follow in the foot steps of T-Mobile, I can envision the return of flip phones.
21. rallyguy (Posts: 620; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
I tend to think it won't last. People won't pay that amount for phones like they do now. So less people will buy phones. Good for the carriers, bad for the phone companies, and software developers. One reason there is so much innovation is because there is money to be made, and hardware keeps getting better. I bet a company like Qualcom will slash their R&D budget for phone chips if the smartphone market is cut in half.
24. TheMan (Posts: 490; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Still not getting the math, are you? With the other nationals, you're paying a subsidy in your monthly bill that never, ever goes away.
Plus, you'll note that T-Mobile is still the lowest cost of the Big 4.
30. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3723; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
It's to the point where I figure some people will just never understand it, man. Let the fools be separated from their money,
32. dok2005 (Posts: 55; Member since: 18 Apr 2012)
actually most people would get the $70 plan and not the $50 for tmobile. which the correct amount would be $2309.99. so its not the cheapest.
35. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3723; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I disagree. For $60, you get 2.5GB of data. Most people do not need unlimited data because it has been found that most do not use over 2GB a month.
39. bobolicious (Posts: 19; Member since: 20 Jan 2013)
i think alot do as like i said in my earlier post, just 1 game for me is 2 gigs worth of space.... Between all my apps and music and whatnot i have 55 gigs worth of stuff on my flash card, and im sure im not the only one
23. TheMan (Posts: 490; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
CORRECTION: The minimum 2-year cost for AT&T would be $2119.75, which includes 450 minutes, unlimited texting, and 300 MB of data, a $79.99 monthly package.
Also, to clarify for the unknowing, T-Mobile's $50 plan shown above with 500 MB is actually unlimited with only 500 MB at "high speed."
Also, since LTE is still scarce for many Sprint subscribers (e.g., here in the Bay Area), Sprint's speeds are often slower than T-Mobile's.
43. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
I believe they're trying to compare the cheapest for 2 years on the unlimited packages.
Also to add to your post. $79.99 minimum cost plan on AT&T compared to $50 unlimited talk & text with 500 4G data, plus $20 per month on the device still makes T-Mobile the better deal than AT&T for the combination of phone and plan.
36. ila420 (Posts: 8; Member since: 24 Apr 2013)
What about 32GB model, i am waiting for that.
48. gigaraga (Posts: 1454; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
What about the international version? Is it already out then?