Samsung Galaxy S4 pre-orders start on April 18 at Sprint, pricing announced
0. phoneArena 17 Apr 2013, 09:02 posted on
Only minutes after Samsung officially confirmed the availability of its Galaxy S4 flagship from 7 U.S. carriers, Sprint announced its pricing for the highly anticipated smartphone. The exact dates, on which you'll be able to buy or pre-order one, are now known as well. Getting a 16GB Samsung Galaxy S4 from Sprint will cost you $250 and your signature under a 2-year contract. However, you'll be able to bring that figure down to $150 should you choose to...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. izzy.z (Posts: 5; Member since: 17 Apr 2013)
Ouch 250! Ugh.. For that price ill just wait for the note 3. I guess I can wait to see if third party vendors might have the phone at a cheaper price.
16. mrturner1966 (Posts: 5; Member since: 08 Dec 2011)
Exactly my feelings, why pay so much for the 16g especially when it will be outdated by the Note 3 by the end of the year, it makes no sense to me.
4. chocolaking (Posts: 421; Member since: 22 May 2012)
Sorry, samsung. You are gonna fail big time this year.
5. SleepingOz (Posts: 2466; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
I'm afraid you're mistaking Samsung for your beloved HTC.
13. HDShatter (Posts: 1014; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
The upcoming article about the Ones high return rate will say otherwise.
HTC has ruined the market, its lured out the iphone lovers to be HTC One lovers because its "premium" nobody cares about the phones looks besides people with phone fetishes. HTC One will do poorly in sales, not that many people have a fetish for what the back of their phone is made of.
7. chocolaking (Posts: 421; Member since: 22 May 2012)
I don't just love HTC, also apple and berry.
But samsung is going to fail this year. lol
11. SleepingOz (Posts: 2466; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
You wish but sales will speak for themselves anyway.. =]
As far as I'm aware, according to multiple reviews, the GSIV is considered as the best smartphone out there, right now. I won't call this a fail but you're entitle to your own opinion.. lol
8. izzy.z (Posts: 5; Member since: 17 Apr 2013)
So I'm with sprint and I'm eligible for upgrade, get the s3, note 2 or wait till the price of s4 comes down a little? I know it won't be much but at least i won't pay $250 for it. Any suggestions?
9. Technobri (Posts: 65; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
I preodered the HTC one..its cheaper to preorder than the s4 ...if you like really huge screens than go for the note 2..you're actually gonna get the same features that the s4 has if you get the s3 because they're planning to add them on the s3 in the future
10. izzy.z (Posts: 5; Member since: 17 Apr 2013)
Maybe you're right about the s3. Thanks ^_^
14. HDShatter (Posts: 1014; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
If you root it you can get features from the S4 on it already like group play. Also sense 5 stuff is slowly being ported.
22. mrturner1966 (Posts: 5; Member since: 08 Dec 2011)
Have you decided what your going to do about the S4 yet? It looks like where in the exact same position. I was hoping that the $250 was a mistake but when they opened the pre ordering there it was $250.
25. izzy.z (Posts: 5; Member since: 17 Apr 2013)
Ill just wait for third party vendors. Yea I checked the pre-order on sprint and its $250 + $25 for taxes, jeez almost $300 no thanks. I'm fine with my s2 for now.
12. giani (Posts: 244; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
'sammy' never EVER copied apple or anybody else. ios was made to look like touchwiz and not the either way. Sony and LG stole their amazing pentile unatural colors amoled technology. sammy was the first one to get a smartphone on the market (SGS 0). They invented the PLASTIC. The workers at their factory's committed suicide by creating an unhealthy environment. They never EVER applied dirty low and very 1870's tactics in their marketing strategies by intentionally and falsely denigrating the competition. We all love sammy because sammy is so good to us. If we fallow sammy like a legion of blind trolls one day, one day maybe we will get a hard on. ha ?!
15. HDShatter (Posts: 1014; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Ya and the HTC One didn't have a defective batch with a huge amount of ones having defective bodys with gaps/poor build quality.
18. giani (Posts: 244; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
HdShatter. Why are you trolling a sammy related article with Htc nonsense ?!? Is there nothing they teach you at that school of trolls ?! Any way give us a buzz when you grow at least half a brain. Until then don t bother me or reply to my comments. I might tallk to sammy to cut your fees. Instead of peanuts they will pay you in beans.
23. chocolaking (Posts: 421; Member since: 22 May 2012)
LOL.. I love your peanuts and beans theory..
24. chocolaking (Posts: 421; Member since: 22 May 2012)
samsung is the greatest phone company of all time! even before the electrons were discovered, they are ruling the smartphone market already! LOL...
19. plattinum706 (Posts: 5; Member since: 30 Nov 2012)
Wow $249.99 for the 16GB model. and $100 off for switching to Sprint. This is why they are failing as a company now. What about the people that HAVE sprint service. No discount for us? This I is why i'm going to Tmobile. $99 Down payment is starting to sound pretty awesome for a brand new Galaxy S4
20. androidsbiggestfan (Posts: 76; Member since: 09 Aug 2011)
Wrong, HTC One & iPhone 5 is $99 down, S4 is $150 down. http://www.phonearena.com/news
21. wumberpeb (Posts: 406; Member since: 14 Mar 2011)
the port in credit lasts until May 9th, I believe... for $99 after rebate, why not go with the Optimus G? 32gigs, quad core, what are you missing?