Samsung Galaxy S4 mini to run on big.LITTLE Exynos 5210
0. phoneArena 14 May 2013, 03:24 posted on
The Samsung Galaxy S4 mini is not much of a secret anymore - the device has leaked time and time again, but now we have one more source confirm that it will run on the Exynos 5210 chip…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Topcat488 (Posts: 1393; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Introducing the "Baby Flagship"... Just what the Doctor Ordered!!! Gooooooo Sammy.
2. itsjustJOH (Posts: 232; Member since: 18 Oct 2012)
Two A15 cores to power a qHD phone? Could have been HD for that, but if the price is right this might be a seller!
17. icyrock1 (Posts: 307; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Lol, that would defeat the purpose of a big.LITTLE chip's aritecture (a weaker, power efficent chip combined with a stronger, less power efficent chip).
3. FlushGordon (unregistered)
256 ppi is 'passably ok'...but then again, pricing will be the key here. The S3 mini was a failure due to its price-performance ratio.
Samsungg had a string of epic fail pricings lately so I'm not expecting anything positive here
4. itsjustJOH (Posts: 232; Member since: 18 Oct 2012)
Samsung might have noticed their mistake when they priced the S3 mini. So, they would be releasing the S4 mini this early probably with a price that of the S3 mini when it first launched, and significantly drop the price of the S3 mini. Now, both minis would sell well.
5. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
Here in the Philippines, the s3 was launched with a retail price of 33000
but the s4 was launched with 30000 price while the HTC One is still running at 32-33k
with that, i think Samsung learned a lot on fair pricing
7. itsjustJOH (Posts: 232; Member since: 18 Oct 2012)
And now the S3 is as low as 20k-22k. Hopefully, the minis would follow the same trend as their big brothers. Because I'm from the Philippines, too. :D
6. Meleagru (Posts: 92; Member since: 03 Dec 2012)
This looks very compelling if only for the battery life. It's a shame that it doesn't have an HD screen though. But other than that, it looks pretty damn good.
9. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 704; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
r u kidding ... s4 mini with android 4.0....... not good....
10. nvrhde (Posts: 77; Member since: 10 Nov 2012)
Atleast according to Amazon's sales rank
Worlds largest online retailer
# 1 S3 mini white
# 2 S3 mini B
# 4 S3 b
# 5 S3 w
# 5 S4
13. Mimas (Posts: 20; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
I don't get it - is it one A7 core and one A15 core? Or two of each? Or two A15s? Two A7s? The grid says dual core but the article has me confused...
14. Diego! (Posts: 553; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
Galaxy S4 Super AMOLED Plus Full HD??? So no Pentile? Someone please check that out!!!
16. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 704; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
no its not PLUS version.... PLUS is with full RGB arrangement as u find in Galaxy s2
21. Diego! (Posts: 553; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
I know but the chart on the article says PLUS. Please read it and tell me if I'm mistaken or not :O
18. kurosanji (Posts: 3; Member since: 14 May 2013)
do you have source for this article that said s4 mini use big.little architecture? it only said dual core exynoss 5210, it's more logical to use dual core Cortex a15 rather than 1 core Cortex a15 and 1 Cortex a7, and now days android already maximize the os with dual core, and more thing is big.little architecture can work in tandem, or right now it's still not supported by jellybeans
20. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
What a waste. They got everything right except the QHD screen. Should be 720. Regardless, it should outperform the GS4 considering it is less power hungry, has a fat battery, and doesn't have to push 1080p worth of pixels.