Samsung Galaxy S4 extensive battery tests are out: average users could use it for three days without charging
0. phoneArena 27 Mar 2013, 04:33 posted on
The Samsung Galaxy S4 manages to be more than just a very slim device with an amazing 5-inch 1080p display and impressive chips, it also packs a whopping 2600mAh battery…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
21. MrJerry (Posts: 373; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
Yes it is
Best battery(except moto)
Best android version
Best glasses(Gorilla 3)
Best storage(up to 128GB)
One of best screen(sudjective)
This is gonna be so easy to sell!
26. Pedro0x (Posts: 254; Member since: 19 Oct 2012)
It is just a shame that they didn´t use dragontail glass and the stereo speakers like ONE. And with the Octa version they could use USB 3.0 because exynos supports it. But yes GS4 will sell like cupcakes. GS4 is very good but I believe that Samsung could do it much better.
38. SleepingOz (Posts: 2357; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
According to GSMArena, the screen is better than the one used on the HTC One.
"Winner: Samsung Galaxy S4. The Samsung flagship takes this one, as its screen is bigger, with better sunlight legibility, while still offering you the option to have accurate colors thanks to Adobe RGB mode. The HTC One screen is impressive, too, but the higher pixel density can't really make up for the lower native contrast and slightly inferior sunlight legibility."
42. jaytai0106 (Posts: 624; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
It might be the best in every area, but I'll def wait for the Nexus 5 :D I am kind of over the whole UI from each phone manufacturer
57. hipnotika (Posts: 175; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
it is not better than iphone @ web browsing ;)
best screen @ htc one
76. teerex42 (Posts: 100; Member since: 14 Jun 2012)
Dude or dudette it's heads and tails better than the icrap. f**k the s2 is better than the icrap and that's been out for 2 years !!!
83. Sangeet (Posts: 225; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
looks like you forgot a 'not' between the words 'is' and 'better' otherwise your sentence does not make any sense :D
66. ddxmms (Posts: 141; Member since: 09 Feb 2012)
you’d be able to squeeze out almost three full days if you do one hour of calling, web browsing and video watching every day.
and who does use a smartphone for only one hour for each thing of those ?!
74. Taters (Posts: 2088; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I probably do about one hour browsing or not even. Youtube for less than an hour. A few minutes talk or not even. Mainly Whatsapp and texting. Most people I know are like that too.
I think we would get 2 days easily off of that kind of usage. One day probably with the HTC One.
67. vandroid (Posts: 232; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
It doesn't have the best camera the HTc one does let the Nokia fanboys thumb me down but I've seen enough evidence that show the HTc one has a better camera and it does better low light video recording but over all s4 very impressive and good looking phone
31. tech2 (Posts: 1112; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
and that's not even the battery saving Exynos Octa version !!!!
55. jove39 (Posts: 1194; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
krait cores can throttle individually...and consume less battery...can't be too sure of Exynos...as A15 cores are power hungry monsters :)
84. layzie8171 (Posts: 5; Member since: 26 Mar 2013)
the octa is the better battery saver. it will be better than quad core one.
50. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4641; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Which phone are you using? You can trade it for the S4.
3. ama3654 (Posts: 233; Member since: 27 Nov 2012)
Just getting better and better, the Octa-core version should be amazing then because the Little A7 will be handling calls, video and some web browsing. The camera came out much better than HTC One camera too, here's the full review
6. lovenyc8 (Posts: 164; Member since: 13 Mar 2013)
because samsung payed them all money. i saw real pictures of the HTC one and it is the best
7. hung2900 (Posts: 683; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
But did you compare them to Galaxy S4's sample?
51. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4641; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
How do you know Samsung payed them money? Who are you, J.K Shin's friend?
P.S. : J.K Shin is Samsung's CEO.
75. Taters (Posts: 2088; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Lol. The reaching continues for the HTC fans.
13. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
but why in gsmarena photo and video compare, s3 and note 2 have better details than s4? is it the final unit?
46. jaytai0106 (Posts: 624; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
One's camera has an advantage over S4's because One's camera quality is depended on its software. This can be refined over time to improve the picture quality. But from my experience, I really don't use camera too often nor show people the pictures I took. Even when I did show pictures to people, no one ever says "wow! the picture is amazing!!", but rather it's always that picture is so funny or awe those cats are cute haha. It's just personal experience. The smartphones coming out now are super amazing on its on and you can't compare facts everyday and at the end of the day is the personal preference.
I love my Nexus 4 :D and waiting for Nexus 5 right now to decide what my next phone should be :D
8. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4641; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
What?! My Xperia Z can only stand 1 day without charging. Ok fine, S4 is awesome.
9. darkskoliro (Posts: 830; Member since: 07 May 2012)
That is pretty cool. Only reason the One wasn't up there was because of standby time. Or else it actually beats the s4...be interesting to see what setcpu can do once both these are rooted haha
77. Taters (Posts: 2088; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Actually, touchwiz is probably a lot heavier than Sense 5 so expect a beating of epic proportions if you run something light like the CM10.
87. darkskoliro (Posts: 830; Member since: 07 May 2012)
But then CM10 isn't going to be one S4 :p
90. freebee269 (Posts: 486; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
CM will be on the s600 variant of the s4.
101. Adithya7184 (Posts: 260; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
who cares about CM...where we can't enjoy Samsung's cool features
15. Retro-touch (Posts: 236; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
You must be an idiot, the S4 is one of the top performers in web browsing and with all other stats it'll be a battery life king, I own a Nexus 4 and seeing this I just might get the S4
27. clse945111 (Posts: 6; Member since: 27 Mar 2013)
I think you're the idiot here, I was saying the battery life when browsing the web, the One is more than an hour longer than S4
29. hung2900 (Posts: 683; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
OneX is also better in web browsing, but battery life is totally BS and much worse than S3
58. hipnotika (Posts: 175; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
i agree with you. some idiots only looking for talking time and endurance rating :D
web browsing (using int. ) is more important than talking :D
tell me who is talking 13 hour in a day ? :D
htc one has the totally best battery rating at all !!!
78. Taters (Posts: 2088; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
haha You actually think that people browse the web for more than 9 hours a day? I think talking that long is more likely.
28. Pedro0x (Posts: 254; Member since: 19 Oct 2012)
It is very good, it is AMOLED and it consumes most energy when displaying white colour. If you think that S3 had 6h web browsing and S4 has 8h 42min, it is a very good improvement even though it has bigger display and 115% more pixels. If you however use inverted colours in the browser you could easily get at least 10+ web browsing. And by the way who looks 8h 42min on internet on your phone, what do you have your PC for?
11. _Bone_ (Posts: 1989; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Hype vs. reality. One phone might look good, might have catchy names for features and aggressive campaign, when it comes to actual performance Samsung is upping the game every 6 months. This result is noting shot of amazing, the SIV packs twice the processing power and pixels, larger, brighter screen and more sensors, yet it has a smaller body and longer battery life, and ppl. still call Sammy out for the plastic back, which allows them to remove the battery or charge wirelessly if you get the kit? Whatever lol. Phone of the year.
14. wendygarett (unregistered)
Talk time --- razr maxx win with huge margin
web browsing --- HTC one win two hours more
Video playtime --- razr maxx win again...
where is the galaxy s4? Oh ya on the pa title lol
16. Retro-touch (Posts: 236; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
9:58 for HTC One and 8:42 for S4 how is that two hours exactly, sorry wendy you need some math lessons
The GS4 won in most of the comparison, just admit it your a hater with no basis for argument
37. tech2 (Posts: 1112; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Galaxy S4 won overall ! meaning it has better standby tests
HTC One: 48 hrs and S4: 63 hrs !
Dont turn a blind eye to what you don't want to see ! Remember a half truth is full lie !
89. 90ninjas (Posts: 84; Member since: 07 Aug 2012)
You're comparing to the RAZR MAXX...? Lol.
17. avin007 (Posts: 137; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
What is this???.....i know it's a battery test.......... but why is PA presenting test results of gsm arena....ain't PA capable of running its own independent test and everytime its puts up statements like "the battery will get u thru the day"......come on PA u r much more capable.......(notice: i read this article yesterday on gsmarena so what could be better than bashing PA)
18. jcpwn2004 (Posts: 314; Member since: 18 Jan 2012)
but but but it's made of plastic so no one will want it....lol
Man this phone is a beast.
95. PapaSmurf (Posts: 5775; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Explain how the S3 with a plastic body is the best selling phone in Android history.
19. Edmund (Posts: 633; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
These are not real life tests. Turn on a few e-mail acounts and add live feeds from News, weather and social networking sites and I can almost guarantee you'll struggle to go more than 12 hours on a single charge.