Samsung Galaxy S4 becomes the first smartphone passing TCO certification
0. phoneArena 16 May 2013, 08:51 posted on
The Samsung Galaxy S4 has become the first phone to get the TCO eco certificate for being environmentally-friendly…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Congratulations Samsung, you deserve it!
15. MCrapp (Posts: 318; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
Congratulations xperiaDROID! First positive comment about Samsung.
17. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Huh? What are you talking about?
24. ebubekir26 (Posts: 320; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
first ? I've seen him congratulating Samsung in many posts
41. chocolaking (Posts: 494; Member since: 22 May 2012)
The way I look at samsung, I don't think Sfall deserve it. wonder how much does it take to get that certificate.
44. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Basically means the display is amazing while using low power and having minimal impact on environment.
48. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 808; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Your mother didn't give enough chocolates for you
53. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Come on, the Galaxy S4 got the TCO eco certificate for being environmentally-friendly.
54. Daftama (Posts: 619; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
And by the way it's not the true energy saving screen they mentioned at ces 2013 wait till they bring that out
5. polrt (banned) (Posts: 73; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
Cheap and Ugly plastic is environmentally friendly??
10. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 660; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Have you realized that actually cheap things are environmentally friendly? recycling saves money, so it is cheaper to buy something which was recycled or partly recycled. Plus that "plastic" is not really cheap. Ugly? well they say beauty is the eye of the beholder. Just because you were told you are ugly, doesn't mean everything in the world is. Then why are millions and millions of people across the world keep buying this ugly device? huh? Cos the sales says it all, your HTC one is not even closer
Just saying. Haters bonn hate.
Still love my iPhone 5 though, but the truth be told. S$ is the best smartphone ever. FACT.
36. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Yes Aluminum production is a great polluting affair right from mining bauxite to smelting, carb plants for cathode/anode production etc. We just go gaga over aluminum for no good reason. What's CARBON footprint of Aluminum production and plastics?
6. polrt (banned) (Posts: 73; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
You know, even dogs poo is environmentally friendly!
9. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 660; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Ur such an idiot. It's ppl like you we don't need on this beautiful planet of ours. Maybe you should volunteer for the mars expedition thing. And never come back
11. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Go poop yourself, and let's see how environmentally friendly your poo is.
23. polrt (banned) (Posts: 73; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
Yes, my poop looks like a galaxy S4 only without the lag, so it is environmentally friendly .
29. Topcat488 (Posts: 1396; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Hahaha, You left yourself "WIDE" "OPEN", with that sorry come back... Maybe your poop don't lag, because of your slippery bong hole. Hehehehe, Hahahahaha...
38. polrt (banned) (Posts: 73; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
What are you implying, you want to go out with me?
I'm free on Friday, bring the Note 2 stylus, we can make fun with it, if you know what I mean ;)
30. darkkjedii (Posts: 21680; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
LMAOOOOO Xperia he got you with that one man. Comeback time
40. tedkord (Posts: 11888; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Your lag is all located on the other end of your body.
42. polrt (banned) (Posts: 73; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
Yes, you're right, this is what happens when using Galaxy s3 for a full year.
55. Daftama (Posts: 619; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Now now frames use it to fertilize their farm
56. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
And now cows can drink pee right? I thought pee is healthy and "tasty" YUCK!
3. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Good job, Samsung!
45. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
How much radiation does the S4 output compared to other handsets like the HTC One?
I found it the HTC One produces at most 1.260 (sar) the S4 produces only .45 (sar) at most. Samsung is without a doubt more eco friendly.
57. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
That was my point in the post bellow.
Galaxy phones were always far bellow the numbers of the competition.
Both the iPhone and the One emit several times more radiation.
I think the use of PLASTIC has a lot to do with that..but nor entirely. I had an all plastic Xperia Arc and it had SAR value of 0.66, compared with 0.24 of the Galaxy S1, at the time.
PA, please do an article about SAR levels!