Samsung Galaxy S4 becomes first Android phone to get DoD security approval, beats iPhone to that
0. phoneArena 03 May 2013, 05:11 posted on
Just recently, BlackBerry’s Z10 and Q10 got clearance from the Pentagon for use in the U.S. Department of Defense…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
The great news is, KNOX will come to older Sammy flagships.
35. chocolaking (Posts: 494; Member since: 22 May 2012)
Good Job samsung!! you did well on this one.
40. QWIKSTRIKE (Posts: 1121; Member since: 09 Mar 2010)
Wasn't the Dell streak the 1st Android phone that the DOD approved
47. QWIKSTRIKE (Posts: 1121; Member since: 09 Mar 2010)
Well was the Dell unit the 1st Android phone approved by the DOD or not.Rofl!
5. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
"iPhones most vulnerable among smartphones"
30. Ninetysix (Posts: 2373; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
You're a fool if you think the iPhone 5 will not get approved. It's coming.
33. iushnt (Posts: 1663; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
iphone 5S may be great but iphone 5 is bulls**t compared to s4
36. chocolaking (Posts: 494; Member since: 22 May 2012)
comeon, Iphone 5 is better than S4 and S5
42. HäckeMáte (Posts: 168; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
Obama rocks an iPhone so its only a matter of time. The GS4 probably got approval cuz it doesnt set off metal detectors with all that plastic
3. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
Samsung is a real competitor to iPhone it is great.
4. Neurone (Posts: 54; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
With 5"1080p super amoled gorgeous display even the defense dept cant get away from it but to approve !
Big Jab on Apple's mid section!
9. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
its got approved because of the Security system it has... not Because the 1080p Display.....
41. stealthd (unregistered)
Get a better sense of humor.
7. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
huge slap in the face for Blackberry, nice though...
there's no reason to buy bb anymore,
24. Aeires (unregistered)
You must have missed the story about BB10 getting approved also.
37. chocolaking (Posts: 494; Member since: 22 May 2012)
Dude, they will still use Blackberry for the majority of the phone deployed.
Q10 it is!!!
because it was DoD security intelligence and RIM's engineer came up with the security certification.
11. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 987; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Great news for Samsung, they are now creeping into Blackberry territory, and for this to be approved so soon, even before the iPhone means that it must be one very impressive security system.
12. martinlosha (unregistered)
I just got the galaxy s4 from three mobile UK.
This is the exynos 5 octa version.
The phone is no good guys ..
From my own experience the build quality is mediocre, the screen is too dark even at 100% brightness, the phone is a bit Laggy, YES I said Laggy, the back gets hot even when I am runing simple tasks and finaly the biggest disappointment is the battery life.....simply NOT Good...
I should have gone for the IPhone 5 or the HTC One.
15. Jason2k13 (Posts: 1214; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
phones too dark? lol really? and how laggy? 1/3 of a second? 0.5 of a second? gets hot even when your running simple apps? octacore with battery saver chip and 2600mAh battery not good enough? and i didn't know three mobile UK sells the exynos version?
You should first try out the phone first before buying it, or make up a better story.
26. martinlosha (unregistered)
Dude why the angry reply...
I am the one who bought it, not you...
I think I have the right to be disappointed...
Well the phone has the 1.9 ghz quad core and the guy in the store told me its the good version..so I assume it must have the second group of processors as well.
34. iushnt (Posts: 1663; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
in previous you told exynos oct which is 1.6ghz and now you say 1.9ghz
38. martinlosha (unregistered)
No I was wrong is the quad core, that's why is lagging...
43. HäckeMáte (Posts: 168; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
You dont have to go in to detail. The fact that its a Samsung is enough for me to know its garbage
44. maccess (Posts: 742; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
oh really kid?? you know what garbage is?? yes it's you..
16. tech2 (Posts: 3447; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
The fact that you think everything with this phone is wrong clearly proves you are trolling. And, Oh, 3 mobile are not selling the Octa version only the Samsung store (selected) are selling the Octa version in UK
you should take your trolling lessons for Mxy.....!!!
27. martinlosha (unregistered)
Well I am not trolling but if that helps you sleep good at night so be it.
28. martinlosha (unregistered)
Dude when I said this is the octa version I was actually asking...
I just forgot to put the ? at the end of the sentence ...
This is the octa version?
Because I didn't know.
13. waterninja21 (Posts: 28; Member since: 03 May 2013)
It also helps that the Android Platform is Open Source so that the Government can make tweeks to benefit their usage too
18. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
and of course it will attract some bad eyes ..just because it is open source ...
14. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Apple iPhone 5 : "YAWN!, cheap PLASTIC!"
Samsung Galaxy S4 : "STFU!"
19. darkkjedii (Posts: 21184; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Xperia I wonder what Wendy Garett will have to say about this lol
20. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I wonder who gave me a thumb down........I think its Wendy.
29. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
:) i dont know if ill call glaxy s4 as a badluck"4" for Korea for the screen issues and lags???
While there are still so many great things coming for d handset like this;)
31. duwiegeneral (Posts: 48; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
ppl come on nw!!!!! getting approval doesn't mean that they will b using these phone's... just simply mean that they r safe to use...
32. roscuthiii (Posts: 2217; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Yes, but there is only a limited selection of phones that pass approval. It is better to be approved for use, than to be barred.
45. Sauce (unregistered)
Wow! What amazing news! ... NOT. If you aren't first; you're last. Stick to Blackberry's amazing encryption.