Samsung Galaxy S4 and the Apple iPhone 5 will lead handset display manufacturers to a 55% gain in revenue in 2013
0. phoneArena 27 Aug 2013, 00:50 posted on
According to a report by DisplaySearch, demand for higher resolution, larger touchscreens will help handset display manufacturers increase revenues by 55% this year; part of the increase is coming from the higher average price for smartphone displays along with a 15% increase in the number of displays that will be shipped this year to 1.9 billion units...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2288; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Lots of money for display manufacturers.
2. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 762; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
So despite the competition and the haters, the GS4 and iPhone5 sales continue to grow :) interesting.
3. rd_nest (Posts: 683; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Obviously. Common folks buy them a lot. It's only in blogs you find fanboys shouting the most.
eg., Look at WP fans. They will shout a lot in the forums, but worldwide marketshare is less than 5%.
4. cam-whore (Posts: 164; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
i think the article was not about the growth of GS4 or IP5 but of the manufacturers of the displays.....