Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom pictures leak, confirming earlier rendering
0. phoneArena 08 Jun 2013, 10:47 posted on
You might recall that on Friday, we showed you a rendering for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom; the camera-centric variant of the Samsung Galaxy S4 comes with a 16MP rear snapper that features a 10x optical zoom. The rendering on Friday was the first look at the device and it revealed what looked like a prominent camera hump on the back of the unit...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
13. MrKoles (Posts: 278; Member since: 20 Jan 2013)
I think this phone (camera?) should be watched in a different view... It´s the main opponent of EOS and probably the Honami...It´s rather a camera than a phone (like the tab 8.0 - tablet, but you can call with it, too.) I hope my text is well understandable, because I´m not a native english speaker.
36. ranatju (Posts: 8; Member since: 08 Jun 2013)
If it's rather a camera than phone than its not even a competition for EOS because unlike this one which is a camera that can call EOS is a phone that can take awesome pictures. And about camera performance time will tell which one is the best... :D
35. TheBitterrTruth (unregistered)
Ok if "this" is ugly. Can you tell me which Samsung device is not ugly?
58. TheBitterrTruth (unregistered)
Your name says everything about your note 2 and yourself.
69. maccess (Posts: 479; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
just STFU kid.. you're f**king trolling in every samsung article..
72. TheBitterrTruth (unregistered)
14. shashi.map (Posts: 30; Member since: 16 Oct 2011)
And people called N808 fat and ugly pfft., samsung have now taken an already boring desing and managed to make it more fat and ugly, Nokia EOS will be way better and compact than this fat piece of toy !!
37. TheBitterrTruth (unregistered)
Brace yourself for the dislikes.
First Nokia 808 kicked the Galaxy Camera's butt.
Now Lumia 925 has kicked the Galaxy S4's butt.
and nowwwwwwwwww! Galaxy Zoom is preparing to get kicked.Sigh.
55. sbw44 (Posts: 301; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
Just imagine if Nokia decided to release a phone this thick what they could accomplish! 60mp+ camera, bigger sensor size than the 808,OIS,Wireless Charging etc... and it still will be smaller than this!
57. TheBitterrTruth (unregistered)
Nokia is going to release everything that you have mentioned except the 60mp+ sensor. Not bad.
73. TheBitterrTruth (unregistered)
Not so fast..
16. lhtbinh1909 (Posts: 48; Member since: 02 Apr 2013)
Compare S4 Zoom to EOS, I'm so sorry that I turned EOS down. Very sorry Nokia, you're still the winner: Super-Slim EOS 41MP and Bulky 16MP. What a joke SS is doing!
28. shadez10 (Posts: 385; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
they are top notch at making ugly phones... lol
38. TheBitterrTruth (unregistered)
They can't compete Nokia in camera. Never ever.
19. papss (Posts: 3445; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
I wouldn't call it ugly but it could use a better more flowing shape. It really does look like a point and shoot camera.
21. Igneel (unregistered)
IMO, the physical home button on it is ridiculous! I like GCamera than this.
25. roscuthiii (Posts: 1717; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Should have been dubbed the Samsung "Golem" S4 - that's one twisted and grotesque caricature of a cell phone.
26. maherk (Posts: 427; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Am a proud owner of the galaxy s4 and the galaxy camera. As much as I love samsung and their innovations, I must say this is one of their worst products in the past few years. Reminds me a bit of the failure Sony had with the xperia play. The galaxy camera is sold now for around 320$, so I think it ll stay a better option for those,who want a camera with android running on it. So much editing and capturing options you have when the play store mixes with your digital camera.
30. TheBitterrTruth (unregistered)
That moment when a 41mp phone is much thinner than a 16mp camera phone.
51. TheBitterrTruth (unregistered)
More than awkward.
88. shuaibhere (Posts: 902; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
That moment when you come to know that it has 10x optical zoom
40. emadshiny (Posts: 1090; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
this one must be regarded as a camera, not a smart phone.
41. aads786 (Posts: 4; Member since: 19 Feb 2013)
It doesn't look like it can take a fall without damaging the optical mechanism. I think it will fail a drop test & for that reason doesn't look like a viable choice for an everyday smartphone. Just my opinion!
53. sbw44 (Posts: 301; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
This is what you get from samsung! No Innovation at all! Nokia said even before the 808 that they could have gone with optical zoom but then they will get a phone as thick and heavy like this! So they tried the Oversampling method. Now they are going to release EOS with about the same sensor as the 808 [41MP] in a even thin body!
What does Samsung do? slap a big ass camera on a phone and brand a "Galaxy"
Lol Pathetic really!
81. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1618; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
I would agree with you...and in fact I do except for the pathetic part....but that's not the point...every article you butt love Nokia...I'm sick of Nokia fanboys!
82. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
im sick of android fanboys that hug the robot all the time
stop pointing the finger and hush, and how come you havent talked about how thick this device is, its the first thing you said about the eos
56. bulgyjj (Posts: 27; Member since: 08 Jun 2013)
Agreed, this phone isn't very good looking but I don't expect much from Samsung as far as aesthetics go.
87. MEeee (Posts: 189; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Soon others will follow and their followers will shut their mouth. Just like with phaplets.
93. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
no one will follow this, they will follow nokia or HTC's approach over this lazy excuse of a device
i mean seriously how can samsung think they can basically add phone functionality to a galaxy camera and sell it as a new device. nothing new nothing ventured just samsung saturating the market and diluting the rep of there s4 brand
i think you should take the advice in your comment and shut up on this one, samsung pixon was a better move forward then this
94. Antonyjoseph (Posts: 208; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
The Galaxy camera rap*d the S4 mini and made it pregnant.
98. itreday (Posts: 68; Member since: 24 May 2012)
Ugly! Samsung never fails at making an ugly design.