Samsung Galaxy S4 Value Edition launched in Europe
0. phoneArena 23 May 2014, 21:48 posted on
The Galaxy S4 Value Edition (model number i9515) is almost identical to the original Samsung Galaxy S4 that's been available since April 2013...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Why is it even called the "Value Edition" anyway?
2. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Samsung had trouble coming up with the right name:
"We Have A Lot Of These Left Edition"
"Stock Clearance Edition"
"New Old Stock Edition"
"Please Buy This Phone Edition"
"If We Say Value People Will Believe It Edition"
"Fool Some Of The People All Of The Time Edition"
"Oldy But Not Moldy Edition"
"Classic Plastic Edition"
"No Longer Such A Great Value Edition"
finally they shortened the last one and got "Value Edition"
4. Super3310 (Posts: 91; Member since: 06 May 2014)
Such a nice editions. Any addition to sammy s lines?
10. gigaraga (Posts: 1454; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Dry. The Value Edition is 'supposed' to have changed backs to the faux leather from the Note 3. And why do you always to have to troll? It's so useless and lame.
14. Diezparda (Posts: 846; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)
Hahaha I'm Samsung user and i didn't find this offensive. Yes he's right Samsung should focused on their flagship rather than making so many phones.
Like samsung S5 active, what's their point? S5 was already have water resistant feature.
26. Neo_Huang (Posts: 1067; Member since: 06 Dec 2013)
Well, the S5 active supposedly also has a .1 inch larger screen, a metal back, rubber sides, and the trio of hardware buttons from the S4 active, in addition to an upgrade in its IP certification.
9. draconic1991 (Posts: 195; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
cos they are idiots...if they'd stop putting out so many editions of the same phone or with minute differences they cud update more percentage of their phones and also update them faster...
16. Aploine (Posts: 426; Member since: 24 Oct 2013)
IT'S an game called DON'T let the price fall
17. neops (Posts: 285; Member since: 28 Jan 2014)
Let me rephrase you:
IT'S an game called "Present it as new, name it Value so ignorants believe it's a bargain and thus DON'T let the price fall"
3. amansingal14 (Posts: 309; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
And the point of this phone is?
Stock Clearance by changing the ROM and software to display GT-i9515 on leftover S4s?
Or does it change to a faster motherboard configuration using the same components?
Then again what difference is it to the usual consumer? They'll just buy the cheaper S4 instead for the same specs and a new UI after the KitKat update...
5. LeBrownJames (Posts: 201; Member since: 17 Mar 2014)
"Value Edition" phones are the ones left from the 40 million S4 shipment that did not sell out.
6. eldyagustius (Posts: 177; Member since: 30 Oct 2013)
Can't wait for galaxy s5 value edition! :D
Said by no one ever..
7. iushnt (Posts: 1510; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
TheY had value edition s3 mini as well. But that one had better specs than the original s3 mini.
8. gigaraga (Posts: 1454; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
I think they should at least bump up the specs to a SD800, like the LTE-A S4 Advance does. But doesn't the value edition of the S4 have a faux-leather back rather than hyperglaz?
11. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
What would be the point of calling it the "Value Edition" if it has better specs? What IS the point of calling it the "Value Edition" if it has the same exact specs? I don't know what Samsung was thinking...
21. SuperMaoriBro (Posts: 522; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
more importantly what is the point of calling it "value edition" if it costs more?
12. LeBrownJames (Posts: 201; Member since: 17 Mar 2014)
Samsung hasn't reach its target profit for the S4 that's why they are putting a "Value Edition" name on it and sell it on a higher price to hit that mark. Such a stupid idea, but who cares. They have already done it before so nothing is new.
15. TheGenius (Posts: 339; Member since: 06 Mar 2014)
If they had put the new touchwiz in it with the 4.4 android, then it would have been a value addition as the ordinary s4 doesnt seem to get the new touchwiz.!
18. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
What's the whole point of this?
22. FingerMyApple (unregistered)
Leftover edition no longer yummy Sammy :)
23. Hatshipuh (Posts: 126; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
If you buy a S4 now, it comes with Kitkat 4.4.2 out of the box anyway, so what is the point?
24. antonioli (Posts: 200; Member since: 08 Sep 2013)
The same thing. Put a new number, maybe a new box and add Value Edition. They are crazy.
25. csoulr666 (Posts: 114; Member since: 04 Nov 2013)
This still doesn't beat the best "Value edition" phone yet.............
The "Samsung Galaxy S III Mini Value Edition"