Samsung Galaxy S4 S View Cover hands-on
0. phoneArena 10 May 2013, 01:31 posted on
The S View Cover an official accessory tailor-made for the Samsung Galaxy S4. It is made of two pieces connected firmly together, one of them being a replacement for the smartphone's stock back plate, while the other is a flippy cover that protects the handset's entire front side. Putting the accessory on requires the removal of the phone's standard back cover and snapping the S View Cover in its place – a straightforward process that took us a few seconds to complete. But the S View cover is more than just a dumb piece of plastic...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. abdane (Posts: 492; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
i like it, just if it's price is lower than that :P
4. SherlockHolmes (Posts: 125; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
Please stop this Cover Reviews PA !!
2. mydi.maus (unregistered)
bad cover bad phone..
5. ebubekir26 (Posts: 313; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Why would you even click on this article to bash Samsung? you're such an idiot,
It's an awesome cover and awesome smartphone.
6. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
you have done the same, so off your high horse if you dish it out be prepared to take it kid
7. ebubekir26 (Posts: 313; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
What the hell are you talking about? Wait. Why did you even reply? I have done the same? You mean about the xperia S ?
I wasn't bashing , I was just asking if other people had the same problems I did, but people got me wrong, since than everyone thinks I am a troll.
9. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
I think its better for u to give your time lecturing mydi.maus.. maybe u dont want, coz u r d same
8. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
That reflects how stupid hater and fanboy u are haha
Bad PHone?__No no no
3. deadstroke (Posts: 113; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
show us the case-mate tough xtreme for SGS4!!!
10. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 704; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
if any one hate samsung.... dont even open it..... go away
11. docj8404 (Posts: 73; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
Granted, I understand the importance of cases in protecting our high dollar devices, but $60.00 for a thin folio-ish cover with a small window? Geez, that's 2 oil changes or a full tank of gas :/.
13. docj8404 (Posts: 73; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
Hell, come to think of it, for the price of this S-Cover, Charles Ramsey could make one months payment of child support lol.
12. kleinhe (Posts: 2; Member since: 26 Mar 2013)
You can activate the view cover mode by holding a small magnet (such as a refrigerator magnet) on top of the display next to the volume softer button
14. jerrymike (Posts: 1; Member since: 10 May 2013)
I've been using the S-view cover for a week or so, and find that it's a really good way to get light protection without adding any bulk to the phone. The window display also works well.
HOWEVER ... here's something to consider, if you use S-Voice with a Bluetooth headset (which I do). When the S-View cover is closed, it seems that you cannot access S-Voice through the call button on the headset, which is really unfortunate, if your phone is in your pocket. When the cover is open, no problem. Closing the cover seems to shut off the process. Bluetooth can connect with the cover closed (so you can receive calls and hear the ring and speak through the headset), it's just the S-Voice access that is affected. If anyone else can test this, I'd be interested in the results.
19. MikeS4 (Posts: 1; Member since: 15 May 2013)
I have a Parrott 3200LS which worked great before I fitted the cover. Now, it will answer calls, make calls from the phone book but not activate the S Voice! I also noticed that when I fold back the cover to the rear, it activates the "Special Display" mode and you can't do anything on the screen. Also had some problems with "Network Access" with S Voice via Parrott and some awful "Data over Audio" coming out of the speakers, even before fitting the new cover.
15. downphoenix (Posts: 2971; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Not quite there yet Samsung, it still blocks the camera. People dont want to have to hold both the cover and the phone side by side to take a picture or video. Maybe if they were more thoughtful with the camera and flash positioning, this woul be great. But since not, Ill just stick with my Urban Armor Gear case.
16. speckledapple (Posts: 892; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
Its pretty cool. i will wait for the similar more affordable types to come through on Amazon
17. vincent95 (Posts: 17; Member since: 19 May 2012)
Anyone remember the LG Versa? Yeah... that's what this case reminds me of...
18. JMartin22 (Posts: 1713; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
How will this thing protect your phone if you drop it while you're using it? Does it flip shut while it's falling? If not, a regular old case that's $20-40 cheaper would do the job better.