Samsung Galaxy S4 ROM combines TouchWiz and stock Android
0. phoneArena 23 Aug 2013, 03:49 posted on
Several weeks ago, we told you about MoDaCo.SWITCH and its first iteration. Simply put, it was meant to allow HTC One users to have both stock Android and Sense-flavored ROMs onto their units, with the option to easily switch between the two UIs. Well, MoDaCo.SWITCH is now available for the Samsung Galaxy S4 as well...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. mottykels (Posts: 373; Member since: 15 May 2013)
How i wish there's a dual boot, android and wp on my gs4 ;)
5. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1150; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
I think every OEM should provide an option to turn off manufacture's skin.
2. maherk (Posts: 2694; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Just port the s4's camera app to a stock jb and am in. The only thing holding me back from ditching touchwiz is the camera app.
9. McLTE (Posts: 767; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
There are a few other features in touchwiz that I'd miss.. like how the contacts are handled - swiping left to text, right to call.
The dialer is much nicer than stock as well.
Overall Samsung did a great job with touchwiz! I put a stock ROM on my Note 2 and had to go back to a touchwiz based ROM.
3. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
has he got a galaxy camera?? In the reflection of the screen look...
8. jacko1977 (Posts: 428; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
its a canon
i had to look at my galaxy camera to make sure lmao
6. ilia1986 (unregistered)
It would be better if a Touchwiz framework emulator was made so that stick TW apps could run on AOSP roms without hassle.
I am running LS 2.9 4.2.2 on my I9300 but if there is one thing that I miss it's the stick samsung keyboard...
7. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3611; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
This is nice to have both options, so that we can use whichever we want.
10. JGuinan007 (Posts: 661; Member since: 19 May 2011)
THIS IS WHAT ANDROID OEMS SHOULD HAVE DONE WITH THEIR ANDROID DEVICES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
11. ideal_josh (Posts: 33; Member since: 26 Nov 2012)
Google please ENFORCE this in KeyLime PIE