Samsung Galaxy S4 (Google Edition) goes through the rings of hell
0. phoneArena 13 Jun 2013, 03:29 posted on
It is a known fact that every smartphone maker tests its smartphones extensively before releasing them to market and stress tests are part of that whole pre-launch torture…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Except that drop tests haven't been too kind to the S4.
8. tech2 (Posts: 3409; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
I don't think its the Google edition. Look @ 1:20 you can see the custom ROM screen. Also, since GS4 Google edition is launched first in USA it would've been posted on SamsungUSA which this video isn't (but I mayble wrong)
Perhaps Victor H. could confirm if SamsungTomorrow is an official Samsung's youtube account ?
10. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
possible stock android not google edition.
12. Victor.H (Posts: 653; Member since: 27 May 2011)
Well of course they are offficial, how else would they get in Samsung's manufacturing facilities? And it's both the Google Edition and the TouchWiz one, pause around 1:10 and you'd see stock Android.
3. tiara6918 (Posts: 2027; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Nice video presentation but I have friends who own a galaxy and I can see many of them are having the same issue about the shiny thing on the side/corner starting to be peeled off(sort of like rusting but not exactly)
5. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1488; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
i think its the metal plating /paint , even my old note had the issue
6. tiara6918 (Posts: 2027; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Hopefully they will fix that issue with their future products
15. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1116; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Yeah my sister's S2 also started to lose the chrome paint on the plastic, i really thought it was metal but it isn't, plastic like the rest of the phone.
Have seen some S3s too with that problem. Hope Samsung starts using real metal so this problem dissapears.
13. PunyPoop (Posts: 752; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Because it's cheaply made! Haven't had that with my devices (obviously it's not Samsung)
20. maccess (Posts: 742; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
so a poop can use a mobile phone after all..
4. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1488; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
at 1.09 - drops google edition - picks up touchwiz edition later
7. wando77 (Posts: 816; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
Maybe that's how they get it on there seen as touchwiz runs like stock android with a knock to the head
9. voxmarc (Posts: 332; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
check this test on S4....for doubters and haters
11. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 2008; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
so Google edition is better then regular s4.
16. Long1 (banned) (Posts: 399; Member since: 18 May 2013)
PhoneArena , what this '(Google Edition)' is doing in the headline?
17. dAnT3 (Posts: 8; Member since: 10 Apr 2013)
can someone tell what did I just see around the 0:06 mark (a metal body s4)??? :O o.O
21. haroonazeem638 (Posts: 141; Member since: 29 Mar 2011)
Holy sh1t. I can't believe they made MACHINES specially to destroy/test phones!
22. DibelDibil (Posts: 27; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
my heart tore apart whilst watching this video... give those phones to me, don't try to destroy them :(