Samsung Galaxy S4 Flip Cover hands-on
0. phoneArena 23 Apr 2013, 04:40 posted on
Pricey investments need to be protected if they are to serve their owner for a long time. And if you're planning on getting the Samsung Galaxy S4, then there will surely be plenty of options to pick from. The official Samsung Galaxy S4 Flip Cover is one of them. Made by Samsung itself, it is meant to protect the smartphone's front side against damage, all the while retaining the device's out-of-the-box look and feel to a great extent. Think of the accessory as a stock Samsung Galaxy S4 back plate with a thin flip cover attached to it. The smartphone's original back cover is removed and the flip cover is snapped in its place. And it snaps firmly – so tight that you can rest assured it's never going to fall off accidentally...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. _Bone_ (Posts: 1988; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Would prefer the S-View cover over it. I'm holding back however for a replica with the front thing overlapping to cover the sides and something to click it together, cause flip cover suffers from book cover issue, you open it too often it wouldn't close properly by it's own weight.
2. tech2 (Posts: 1108; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
me too....never a fan of flip covers ! Also, it is difficult to operate the rear camera with flip covers.
7. KParks23 (Posts: 395; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
Meh... Junk case for a junk phone from a junk company!
8. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
Came from a junk person whose soul is being cooked in fire
9. omar300 (Posts: 159; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
most companies use its product, chances are your current phone has its products too. so you are calling your own phone junk. good job (Y)!
15. HDShatter (Posts: 1014; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
If he has an HTC One there flip cover is probably the worst flip cover ever made and is superjunk.
14. timtimity (Posts: 196; Member since: 13 Aug 2012)
I'm wondering whether the S-View cover will come to the S3. I know the S4 has the special notification pane for the S View cover, but as Samsung said all software features that don't require specific hardware on the S4 would be coming to the S3 at some point it could happen.
3. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
does s4 look ugly? in d pictures it really looks beautiful w/ d slimmer bezels and less rounded edges :D
10. SleepingOz (Posts: 2357; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
Yeah but I still prefer the black one.
12. chocolaking (Posts: 421; Member since: 22 May 2012)
It looks fine. but you must be out of your mind to call it beautiful.
that is why you need to buy a case to fully cover it up.
17. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
yahh hater!!! stfu, it is really beautiful, as what im always saying, its front panel is more beautiful than Htc One and Xperia Z coz for me i like less rounded than sharp edges, and i like more screen than big bezels
4. shahulvm (Posts: 92; Member since: 01 Apr 2012)
Does Sammys's flipcover need an article by itself. It would have been better if compared to other covers..
5. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
Lol gs4 user review got only 8.5 even though d smartphone isnt yet available to average users haha.. esp the 2nd review their too much hate :) cmon thats trolling :)
11. SleepingOz (Posts: 2357; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
LMAO! I don't understand how can people hate on a lifeless product this much.
But hey, baseless hatred is all about jealousy, which is just confused admiration. =D
6. piyath (Posts: 150; Member since: 23 Mar 2012)
A tiny little review is nothing for a flagship device like Samsung.. It deserves even more!
13. JEverettnow (Posts: 135; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
I will stick to the otterbox commuter case. It has saved my s3 on numerous occasions.
16. Iconia (Posts: 4; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
No NFC? Official Cover has no NFC?
It would be around $5 on ebay soon.
18. downphoenix (Posts: 2134; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
I see the main issue with the flip cover (the fact you have to have it folded open to take a picture) is still there. Not gonna do anything to address it samsung?
19. leignheart (Posts: 1; Member since: 08 May 2013)
this article completely fails simply for the fact that they do not know how to properly put on a flip cover, obviously your doing something wrong if it doesnt properly close and mesh with the screen, where did you guys go to college? you should demand your money back for even adding that to your article. sloppy and ignorant. everyone please note that their are no problems with the flip cover and being flush with the phone. look on youtube if you need convincing to see the flip cover in action, this article is deceiving and ignorant.
20. S4Flipcase (Posts: 3; Member since: 17 May 2013)
Official s view case could be a great design and love it at the first sight and its features according to the Galaxy S4,yet a little bit sorry the price if compared to other brand s view flip case such as baseus and hoco etc, their case is also as good as the original ones yet much competitive on price and it could be say,reasonable! for a gadget which take up less than 8% cost of the mobile could be the most extend,more s view flip cover you may check from galaxys4flipcase.com