Samsung Galaxy S4 Android 4.3 update starts rolling out officially, just as promised - Exynos version too
- GALAXY GEAR Support
- TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
- ANT+ Support
- Samsung KNOX Implementation (KNOX bootloader and dedicated application)
- Samsung Wallet comes pre-loaded
- Improved RAM management
- Improved Display colour reproduction (Display looks much sharper than before)
- Improved TouchWiz Launcher (Much less launcher redraws and less lag)
- New Samsung Keyboard
- New Samsung Browser (Full screen by default, new tab interface and more)
- New Reading Mode (Optimises display for reading, used by only a few specific applications)
- New Camera firmware
- Minor UI tweaks (Contacts app, Flashlight Widget, dialog boxes etc)
1. brar.arsh (Posts: 147; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
There are 100's of variants of S4, which is this one for?? I9505? I9500? I337? I337M? TMobile? Active? Korean? Bla Bla.. :P
Just kidding, It's for I9505.
2. lifeyourlive (Posts: 126; Member since: 23 Aug 2013)
S4 didn't already get 4.3 with nexus? LOL! i call b.s. on this google edition, what is it for then?
4. lifeyourlive (Posts: 126; Member since: 23 Aug 2013)
ok i got confused by the post picture lol, i thought this was 4.3 for google edition S4
3. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2653; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
I know it'll be Sammy first to release 4.3 update globally soon.
6. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1306; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Sammy's always good with updates. Others will need to catch up, though,
7. Shatter (Posts: 2024; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Not only did they update it to 4.3, 4 months before their next flagship is out they are still supporting their device with tons of new software. Samsung is not as good as Google is at updates but they are better than almost every other OEM. Also the Galaxy s3 is still going to get a 4.3 update in a couple weeks that should have most of these features in it.
8. brar.arsh (Posts: 147; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
ehem ehem.. What abot HTC, they released 4.3 for ONE a month ago.
9. Chris_Bakke (Posts: 202; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
And yet they still seem to struggle with sales.
10. DaHarder (Posts: 160; Member since: 10 Oct 2009)
For may of us it's because that HTC One update was much more 'exception' than 'norm'.
It's near impossible to forget that HTC is the very company that sold a US 800.00 tablet (the Jetstream) only to drop ALL OS updates mere months later.
Because of this... I, along with many, Will Never, Ever Buy Another HTC Product.
Anyway... Good on Samsung for providing this update - As Promised.
20. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 830; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
HTC is already working on the second 4.3 update for the One, which brings Sense 5.5 that launched with the One Max, i have it running on my One as it was leaked two days ago. But that Jetstream was an epic fail by HTC. Quite happy with the support they are giving to the One tho.
12. XaErO (Posts: 148; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
Really want to see the snappier UI & the Benchmarks of S4 on Android 4.3 .. Is it available yet ??
16. Shatter (Posts: 2024; Member since: 29 May 2013)
There was never any lag in the first place? It was carriers bloatware causing it and it was fixed in June.
27. rodkurt (Posts: 128; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
the only lag i noticed is when apps run in the background and crash...
14. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 819; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Sweet! As usual, Samsung right on time :D many OEMs should be taking notes here, Samsung said October and here it is rolling out IN OCTOBER!! :D
22. lifeyourlive (Posts: 126; Member since: 23 Aug 2013)
It's first time in history samsung didn't delay software, so don't be cocky
17. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6491; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
But this is the GOOGLE EDITION. Wheres the interanational version plus U.S.?
18. bloodline (Posts: 691; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
no dummy, the picture is the S4 google edition but the update is international
23. lifeyourlive (Posts: 126; Member since: 23 Aug 2013)
I made the same mistake so i did read it again carefully
24. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 636; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
I think no one can beat Samsung in providing customer service after sale. Most OEMs immediately forget about the customers. But samsung provides updates & customer support. I can say that because Samsung replaced my Galaxy S2 i9100G model with i9100 model (even though there was no issue with the device). I explained them that I was tricked by the vendor who sold me i9100G model even when I insisted on buying i9100. Great service Samsung..
Not a samsung fan (how can anyone be a company's fan..!!??), but really appreciate this gesture.
Plus they provided Android 4.1.2 update to Galaxy S2 (april 2011 launched device) in June 2013. Awesome...
This is the reason people love to buy Samsung devices, even if it is plastic.
This is the reason people dont trust HTC, even if its devices have same kinda specs and superior built quality (love the bulid & design of HTC)..
28. AciMars (Posts: 20; Member since: 04 Jul 2013)
So, later for i9500 which use PowerVR SGX 544MP3 no support OpenGL 3.0
30. Nokia1100user (Posts: 12; Member since: 14 Aug 2013)
What about the factory unlocked GT-I9500? When do we get our update?
31. crazyfists (Posts: 5; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
dafuq..1 m0nth interval update in every country? still got n0 update here in Phils. have i9505 intl versi0n..why n0t like apple updates simultaneously.