Samsung Galaxy S4 Active with Snapdragon 800 seemingly confirmed by benchmarks
0. phoneArena 31 Jul 2013, 21:49 posted on
Several weeks ago, an upgraded variant of the Samsung Galaxy S4 was announced officially. It is currently on sale on the South Korean market, packing a speedy Snapdragon 800 chip and offering blazing-fast LTE-Advanced connectivity. This, however, won't be the only handset by Samsung to get a refresh. If the clues contained in this benchmark result spotted on GFXbench are to be trusted, the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active, which happens to be a water-resistant sibling of the S4, is next in line for the treatment...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. mi55u (unregistered)
Good Job Samsung, more choice to go
23. rantao333 (Posts: 237; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Good Job Samsung,your galaxy active warranty not cover any water damage.
39. akki20892 (Posts: 3475; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
u will buy phone, then try to show your friend that your phone is water resistant, then u gonna drop in water show that how your phone is cool, after that your phone gonna die in water your friend will laugh, u will cry, then u will find warranty for that phone and contact sammy about that but that warranty is not cover water damage so sammy will say sorry we can't do anything with your phone sorry, then again u will cry.
that was the point of @rantao333
37. medicci37 (Posts: 628; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Yeah more choices if you live in South Korea
2. darkkjedii (Posts: 11447; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
10th variant and counting. C'mon Sammy, really.
5. Jason2k13 (Posts: 643; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
yes dark, im sorry samsung has affected you negatively i hope you can get through this :(
anyway good job samsung, more choices for us costumers.
9. darkkjedii (Posts: 11447; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
What would make you say something so stupid? Affected me negatively how?
13. Jason2k13 (Posts: 643; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
lets just say you dislike samsung for bringing more variants out even though it does not affect you or anyone else.
16. darkkjedii (Posts: 11447; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
You're making non sense at all dude. Be clear please, I'll ask again... What would make you say something so stupid? Affected me negatively how?
20. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Don't give him the time of day dark... Its obvious that since s4 sells aren't what sammy thought...they are now relying on releasing a crap load of phones to help make up for the difference.
28. HouTexan (Posts: 313; Member since: 08 Jan 2012)
All of the phones that they release are for different demographics. They know what they're doing.
35. darkkjedii (Posts: 11447; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Exactly bro. The guy calls me out, but can't intelligently say why. My post was simply saying that's a lot of variants, nothing more. +1 A4u
21. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
With that logic.. how does his post affect you then? Somebody talking bad about your company? Lol
31. rd_nest (Posts: 769; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
I think Jason is right.
Why should you bother if Samsung sells 10 phones or 100 phones? It's not like they stole your lunch money.
Obvious that you are just dislike Samsung.
11. Jimstar (Posts: 259; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
"Sadly, this upgraded Samsung Galaxy S4 Active model we're dealing with isn't meant to launch globally, as far as we can tell. It appears that this is a handset made for SK Telecom...in South Korea."
"more choices for us cutomers"
Yeah us customers in South Korea.
38. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4023; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
This isn't choice. When they launched the GS4 mini, that was choice. GS4 Zoom, ridiculous looking, but still a choice. GS4 Active, getting repetitive, but still a choice. Everything else, flooding.
40. akki20892 (Posts: 3475; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
oh im getting huge headache now.........!!!
3. cheetah2k (Posts: 817; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
Waiting for Sony i1 Honami now.. Samsung needs to move on to the S5 already as the S4 was half assed and rushed, with too many issues (like the audio impedence issue in the i9505 and and Exynos CPU efficiency fail in the i9500)..
4. Gaurav008 (Posts: 274; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Another day Another Galaxy S4 variant. *facepalm*
More orgasms for Wendygarett. And I heard today is National Orgasm Day too... :3
6. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5494; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Why even bother mention wendygarett? Now, he said he's happy with his Galaxy S4s. In late August, he is gonna say he is happy with his iPhone 5C and iPhone 5S.
17. darkkjedii (Posts: 11447; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Post of the day Xperia. +10, you know the truth about Wendy. A he is right.
32. rd_nest (Posts: 769; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Why are you girls so concerned with wendygarett?
He trolls the forums, and you girls are trolling him. What makes you better than him?
You people are just hypocrites.
36. darkkjedii (Posts: 11447; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
What makes us better,is we don't start trouble and get limited like Wendy. Hypo that crite.
7. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
"We don't always make waterproof phones. But when we do, we make sure it's not covered by warranty."
What's the point of this phone again? More variants? Samsung trying to flood the market with rehashed garbage with slight upgrades again.
8. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5494; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
More variants, more headaches. And especially this phone, this phone was a fail. Until now, Samsung still haven't learn their lesson yet.
12. Jason2k13 (Posts: 643; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
so samsung should learn from sony? htc? lg? or other dying companies?
14. pwnarena (Posts: 905; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
at least these dying companies know quality well. they don't offer a supposedly water-resistant phone whose warranty does not cover "exposure to water or moisture." they don't try to manipulate benchmark results. they don't pay college students in taiwan to post bad comments about their rivals.
s4 is definitely not a bad product. it's the samsung fans who are amplifying everything unfavorable to say about samsung.
33. rd_nest (Posts: 769; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Xperia Z warranty statement -
1] "If liquid detection is triggered on the handset or battery, your warranty will be void.."
2] "Nor does this warranty cover any failure of the
Product due to accident, software or hardware modification or adjustment, acts of God or damage resulting from liquid..."
3] "Do not expose to liquid..."
Source: Same as above
Read properly before you start trolling.
27. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
^ All the 3 names you mentioned are far from dying, they are simply playing 2nd fiddle to a bigger company, Go play outside. This place is for matured adults.
10. iushnt (Posts: 655; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
Samsung is giving good chances for haters to hate but also good opportunity to grab every space of the market.
29. iushnt (Posts: 655; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
haters will hate saying that another day another galaxy..blablah
15. pwnarena (Posts: 905; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
don't worry samsung fans. there's still more to come. another waterproof handset will be released soon and it's going to be called samsung Go. Active then Go. samsung just received a patent for the name. it might be the one they'll release internationally.
poor xperias. even your names are being "borrowed"
18. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Lol sammy sammy...too many damn phones. No wonder most of the android market belongs to you
22. wendygarett (unregistered)
When is the preorder Sammy :)
26. flynfree (Posts: 374; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
Most of you against Samsung, ugly, cheap plastic, etc. but look, Samsung is still ahead in almost oem. Just chose which handset satisfy you.
Envy is the greatest enemy of your own.
30. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2663; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Galaxy another day, Galaxy never dies.