Samsung Galaxy S4 Active hands-on
0. phoneArena 07 Jun 2013, 07:30 posted on
The Samsung Galaxy S4 Active is not your typical Android smartphone. While it has the specs to be regarded as a high-end device, such as the 5-inch 1080p screen and the super-fast, 1.9GHz Snapdragon 600 SoC, it is also tough enough to handle more abuse than a handset should be subjected to. In particular, it has been given the IP67 rating, which means that the S4 Active is highly resistant to dust and water damage. Such blend of performance and protection are rare in the smartphone world, with only a few notable exceptions...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
AQUA MODE IS ON!!
8. sid07desai (Posts: 255; Member since: 03 May 2012)
I want the blue instead of red. If it exists. Please Samsung.
10. SleepingOz (unregistered)
It does exist and that's the one I'll be buying!
2. Jason2k13 (Posts: 642; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
wheres the rubbery flap for the headphone jack?
5. shahulvm (Posts: 114; Member since: 01 Apr 2012)
Headphone jack is coated with waterproof material like the japanese phones..
4. sarb009 (Posts: 286; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Now that's a good thing dust and water proof with removable back
6. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1619; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
I would love to get this its just the physical buttons which are not good for me...i know they work better underwater but i would never eally use it underwater...
7. Jason2k13 (Posts: 642; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
same, and i prefer the design of the original S4 but the build quality of the S4 active.
9. chunk1x (Posts: 248; Member since: 25 Jun 2011)
The S4 is the ugly sister while this S4 active is the best trophy wife you could get.
11. SleepingOz (unregistered)
This is going to drive a lot of XZ/XZL potential buyers away from sony.
17. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Sony == Good hardware with bad S/W implementation
18. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Nope, more like dated hardware and bad software implementation.
TFT + S4 Pro = uber fail as a 2013 flasgship!
13. ianbbaa (Posts: 196; Member since: 20 Mar 2013)
easier to replace battery just unscrew the back cover...
...hmmm - HTC One, XP Z - send to service for ungluing and togethergluing....
14. cripton805 (Posts: 920; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
I want one... For men, rugged is always the way to go. Aside from my desk job, I like working on cars, motorcycles, and being outdoors. Can this survive triple digit speeds? ;)
15. mishooo111 (Posts: 30; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
sorry but it looks like a cheap Chinese handset
16. kozza3 (Posts: 574; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
close, Korean handset
although its not cheap
maybe to produce
20. mottykels (Posts: 371; Member since: 15 May 2013)
Now its better than XZ thanks for removable battery
22. cheeseycheeser (Posts: 384; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
Oh hey bring this to Verizon and I would buy 10.
23. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2620; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
I just loved it, I'll buy blue one.