Samsung Galaxy S4: 10 exclusive or little-known features review
0. phoneArena 05 Apr 2013, 07:17 posted on
As with every phone that's been in the office for a while, we are constantly discovering hidden nuggets or extra small features that make life with the handset easier, and the Samsung Galaxy S4 has plenty of those...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
90. SleepingOz (unregistered)
The message I quoted comes directly from HTC, try again! =]
91. SleepingOz (unregistered)
"This is the correct information, since this is in our HTC website; the other one that you provide for us to see, is a third-party website and we do not recommend looking at those websites for information like this. I recommend you to always look on HTC official websites or contact HTC Email Support for any questions or assistance you have in the future."
You should go back to school and learn how to read properly before trying to reply to comments you didn't understand. =]
96. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
the message can be edited or someone in htc is clueless
i prefer this source
119. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Denial at its best.. lol
122. Joy_0072 (Posts: 6; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
B !tch just buy ur Htc one n stay happy
n we sammy boys would buy s4
we would stay happy with our device n u stay happy with urs
end of discussion
dont burn ur a s * on sammy's page
get the hell outta here
(oh ww.... wait there might be some some reason coz ur ONE is right not getting totally fuc*ED up by S4
its ur f*kin nightmare isnt it htc fan boy
n yeah innovation word just doesnt fit to htc's dictionary
putting speakers on the front panel of a device isnt innovation
124. Joy_0072 (Posts: 6; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
n yeah for those talkin abt ultrapixel tech
my foot f*ck it
4mp hahahhaha lol troll of the year
n now dont open ur mouth for OIS n oder things
buy a DSLR instead oK
troll faced s4 haters
127. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
one more stupid fanboy,
listen to me boy how i can be htc fanboy when i never buy htc phone, and just to let you know right now im using Nokia E6-00, Galaxy Y, and Galaxy S2.
Just stop being closed minded fanboy
130. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
haha.. you are soo cluless,
read all my comment and can you find anything about htc????
129. Xeriffs (Posts: 11; Member since: 17 Sep 2012)
Holy owned... I really don't care if Nemesis thinks EVERY SINGLE FEATURE on the S4 is a gimmick, including the processor. I don't care if older phones had floating touch and globe mode or whatever. All that matters to me is I really like Samsung's devices and I can honestly say that if I use those features in everyday life like I use the ones on my SIII, that it is not a gimmick.
85. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
When if comes to Cpu Gpu and displys no one can touch nor overtake Samsung™
Even Htc parts are from Samsung™
32. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
hmm htc one's spec sheet from htc website said ddr2, but myt b some typo error.., other forums say ddr3..
anyway, @losersam, i think lg optimus g pro has ddr3 Ram
40. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
ahaa finaly there is someone can accept the reality
43. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
coz im with d reality ur calling..
but ur comment # 23 to #13 to #8 is actually ambiguous and errrr..
Luticol's statements isnt yet proven coz as ive said accdg to htc's website and other tech sites, htc one is using ddr2 ram, but some reviews say ddr3. so we dont know anything..
but losersam is wrong coz lg optimus g pro is also using ddr3 ram :)
58. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Anandtech says it's DDR2 not DDR3.
They're the one who also said that the HTC One use DDR2, which true.
97. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
yeah but qualcom say this
99. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3874; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
The 600 supports DDR3 RAM, but OEMs can switch it out for DDR2 to lower costs I think.
103. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
do u think that htc's engineers are idiot enuf to confirm something with wrong answer??
i think snapdragon s600 is compatible w/ ddr3 ram, but the manufacturer has the say of what to use i think :)
71. Nephylim (Posts: 131; Member since: 04 Apr 2013)
Wrong..... Lg optimus pro has DDR2.
and Htc one too
75. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Ya its the first ddr3 phone, it will make a small difference though, just benchmark boasting.
98. esperanza (Posts: 42; Member since: 23 Mar 2013)
lol Don't lie HTC fanboys shamelessly, HTC One has 2GB DDR"2" ram.
117. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
10. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
Ever since the Lumia 920 started using super-sensitive screen everybody wants to use them too.
17. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1089; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
you are correct. just like when N8 got a 12mp camera , other companies chased it even reaching at 16mp!!
cough! Htc cough!
42. akki20892 (Posts: 3244; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Nokia Lumia 920 said: it's my screen's feature.......!!!
11. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
thats how a smartphone works, a SMARTphone.. :)
25. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
yeah thats why nokia use it first ^_^
29. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
hmm? yeah, but wer not just talking abt gloves comptblity, i think u ddnt see the other 9 features being featured in ds artcle, check them first so u wont look like @@@@ here :)
30. kobainez (Posts: 301; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
What so smart abt copying other manufacturers features? Sony invented floating touch then Samsung stole it
36. procol (Posts: 16; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
Adopting useful technology is copying/stealing? You don't need to invent the wheel twice. It becomes 'stealing' if all 3 conditions below are met.
1. Sony has invented the tech.
2. Sony has patented it.
3. Samsung's floating touch tech is the exact same one based on the Sony's method and Samsung didn't get proper license from Sony to implement the tech into their phone.
My guess is that none of 3 conditions above is true and Sony just adopted the tech also. I think Samsung has developed their own tech or got license from others.
64. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
floating touch is developed by Cypress Technologies and Sony mobile in case you don't belive me
now prove to me that airview is developed by samsung
37. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
OMG, lots of Sony army men here..
Sony didnt invent the touchless display neither they have patented touchless display first.. neither samsung..
and what connection do COPYING has with the sense of being a smarter SMARTphone? yaiks, desperate..
copying? ignorant people.. dont u know that patents can be legally used by another?,, as long as their is legal licensng agreements, the word copying is out!, thus please give me ur evidence that samsung copied it and that samsung is being sued for it,,..
another fact, dont u dare insult the company that has the largest number of mobile patents., u never know, ur Sony is also legally using these patents..
thats how d mobile world flows, SHARING not ALL COPYING,,
50. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
its not about touchless display
he talking about sony innvented floating touch technology
which allows phone to react when the
user's hand is near the screen (Up to 20mm). In
Android 2.3 floating touch could only be used with
browser, but an upgrade to Android 4.0.4 has brought
the ability to use this feature for entire interface (so called "glove mode" ).
And just like you said maybe samsung have legal licensing agreements with sony
53. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
not yet close enough, comment #46 said that synaptics invented it..maybe thats d real deal..
57. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
sorry comment #46 is for gloves feature.. sorry hehe :)
60. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
comment #50 is talking about floating touch and i have proved that floating touch technology is developed by sony mobile, now can you prove to me that samsung airview is developed by samsung!!!
45. voxmarc (Posts: 299; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
ever wonder why Sony is not suing Samsung on those floating touch features?because its a different method....
51. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
noooo seee this video
and tell what method that samsung use
maybe samsung have legal lincensing agreements with sony
thats why sony is not suing samsung
33. loken (Posts: 462; Member since: 09 May 2012)
actually sony was first into the game of sensitive phones ~ xperia sola
38. taikucing (unregistered)
Your hatred towards samsung makes you blind of the truth.
Please prove that all those features (10 of them) are used by nokia first! Although I'm not a Samsung fanboy, but I can say those features are awesome.
80. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
the truth is not all the feature on S4 is samsung ideas or samsung innovation they just using/adopt/copying
1. Glove mode lumia 920
2. Floating touch / airview Xperia Sola
3. Dual recording mode LG optimus G pro
4. Smart pause / smart video LG optimus pro
there is the different between hatred and the truth
83. taikucing (unregistered)
Did you read my f****g comment? You said nokia used first, that means ALL those features was used by nokia. Prove ALL those features (10 OF THEM) are used by nokia! You got it smart @ss?
*sigh* I hope I can bold some words
93. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
hahaha reeelllaaxx.. Man i never said ALL those feature features are used by nokia
84. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
abt that LG optimus G pro, before the g pro launched, samsung already filed trademarks for this smart pause and scroll so that basically would mean that dey ddnt copy those features after g pro
95. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
oh really but what i know is LG have patent of eye tracking technology since 2005 and 2009
but please prove it because i want to know the truth
104. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
we still dont know what method sammy used to different8 it from the patent of LG.. we still dont know everything so stop using ur magical word "copying" like u know everything..
d fact that smart stay last year is also an eyetracking tech can invalidatte ur statement of copying..
i know that patents of LG,, 2005? 2009? and why ddnt LG use such patent that patent in their mobile device? to protect d concept?..
46. SGSatlantis (Posts: 205; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
Dude stop trolling every single comment! Nokia introduced the first phone with gloves operated display, they didn't invent the technology, Synaptics did. And so what, are you saying that the Nokia 920 is better than the S4!? Please elaborate or get out of here.
48. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
thank u for the info that Synaptics invented it,, slap on nemesis :)
59. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
did i said nokia invent the tchnology,
if you can't read my comment please don't answer it
and S4 screen not only have glove mode but have floating touch feature so i'll ask your help what technology that samsung use
floating touch technology is developed by sony mobile and Cypress Technologies
15. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5047; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Even though the S4 is not my cup of tea, but I must say BEASTY PHONE!
19. Diego! (Posts: 500; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
I was trying to choose Samsung Galaxy S 4 or HTC One, but after reading this, despite it doesn't have a 'premium' design as the HTC One, I will get Samsung Galaxy S 4 with no doubts. :D
20. johnriii (Posts: 221; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
SAMSUNG!!!! WHAT IS YOUR PROFESSION??? (lets see how many get it).
44. phobia09 (Posts: 4; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
Perhaps just me, sad day. Oh well, "HOOAH, HOOAH, HOOAH!!!!!"
116. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
125. Joy_0072 (Posts: 6; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
but to correct u its aint plastic its
i think u should get some chemistry lessons from ur prof..
24. XperiaPrince (Posts: 108; Member since: 25 Dec 2012)
I just realized that the s4 is a good phone.Gorilla glass 3 and the weather sensors are pretty important to me.