Samsung Galaxy S outsells the iPhone in S Korea
The Samsung Galaxy S is not only a huge success for the Korean manufacturer, but also a great promoter of Android. It might be the first Android device to reach sales of 10 million units worldwide as just a week ago sales went over 9.3 million devices. Apple's iPhone 4 was still way ahead, however, with some 14 million units sold until the end of October only.
Samsung has also completed its ambitious target of 1 million sold Galaxy Tabs. The 7-inch tablet recorded robust sales of 100,000 units in South Korea only.
source: The Chosun Ilbo via UnwiredView
1. DontHateOnS60 posted on 21 Dec 2010, 13:50 0 0
And the phone could sell more if it were only for a couple of things...
2. Nickmfnjackson posted on 21 Dec 2010, 14:48 0 0
Horay! Ive purchased 3 galaxy s phones this year :-)
3. captain obvious (unregistered) posted on 21 Dec 2010, 16:31 0 1
isn't samsung a korean company? this would prob make sense because it's almost like american buying ford products because it's made in the U.S. samsung does make great products but this article surpsises me
4. tonetone956 (unregistered) posted on 21 Dec 2010, 16:38 0 0
infowares.com get informed
5. Rawrzellers posted on 22 Dec 2010, 01:22 2 0
At least Korea is smart enough to realize the iPhone is SHIT.
6. guyverv (unregistered) posted on 22 Dec 2010, 11:22 0 0
now if only the could get the firmware updates out timely. of course with sales figures like these, what would be the incentive? people keep buying them anyway
7. networkdood posted on 22 Dec 2010, 18:33 0 0
I have to rely on XDA for my 2.2 and 2.3 updates....
8. Viru Bhai (unregistered) posted on 23 Dec 2010, 01:25 0 0
Thanks to Samsung.... they launched another iphone like device and anyone can own it in any country without jailbreak hussles.
Though I use iphone, I'm fed up of unlocking, jailbreking and reinstalling software. copying files from my pc to iphone is still a tough task for me!