Samsung Galaxy S and S II sales top 30 million
0. phoneArena 17 Oct 2011, 07:54 posted on
Samsung has just announced that its Galaxy S and S II are doing extremely well in sales, registering over 30 million units sold for…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. arcq12 (Posts: 733; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
most people prefers non techie and easy to use phone like the iPhone.. so this is not a surprise at all..
2. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
Samsung Galaxy SII will reach 60 millions sell World wide by next year if no lawsuits by rotten Apple.
3. Dave FL (unregistered)
When we went to the ATT store yesterday to order my wifes iPhone4S, I thought it looked old and boxy with its square edges. Thought the Galaxy looked much more sexy.
4. Sniggly (Posts: 7279; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Simple knockoffs don't do this well. Samsung made a great series of phones in their own right.
16. rf1975 (Posts: 252; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
Small correction....."Samsung made a great series of copy cat phones"
17. Sniggly (Posts: 7279; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
You've seen the Captivate, right? Tell me, apart from the app icons/launcher, what about that phone looks anything like the iPhone?
25. arcq12 (Posts: 733; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
You guys probably won't be saying that if Apple didn't sue Samsung about it.
They might be similart in form factor but to me they look very different. Have some common sense.
6. PimpStrong (Posts: 310; Member since: 25 Jul 2011)
5 Days with my T-Mobile Galaxy SII and it is running flawlessly. Zero lock-ups, GPS is 100% accurate, no lag what-so-ever, and SuperAMOLED Plus at 480x800 is not bad looking at all.
Galaxy S, Galaxy SII, and oh yes I will have a Galaxy SIII.
7. sonisoe (Posts: 377; Member since: 06 May 2009)
give it more time and 20 apps later let us know if the device is still laggy-less...
9. PimpStrong (Posts: 310; Member since: 25 Jul 2011)
I have 34 new apps installed and 6 of which are large games like Back Stab and Dungeon Defenders.
Calander, Weather, Active Apps, along with 7 individual contact widgets(which are linked to FB) and Live Wallpaper and it STILL runs exactly like it did out of the box.
You must be an iFanboy.
10. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
concidering the tmobile sgs2 is the weakest sgs2 of the bunch and it still doesnt lag, that should tell you how strong the exynos powered ones.
There is a reason the SGS2 just won phone of the year over the iphone. Maybe you people that think the iphone is god should step out of your box and find out why.
28. Tmachaveli (Posts: 425; Member since: 01 Apr 2011)
taco is will never change don't worry about him
27. tedkord (Posts: 7148; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Six months in, almost 80 apps, and my HTC Thunderbolt is flawless and lag free. I was using BAMF Forever 1.07, but yesterday flashed to BAMF SoaB 1.02. Sense 3.5 is so much nicer than iOS. Plus, I get those 20Mbps LTE download speeds.
The iPhone4/4s beats it on ppi and battery life, but that's all. With the Nexus Prime and HTC Vigor landing soon, the ppi advantage will also be lost.
23. ahmedra2ol (Posts: 27; Member since: 01 Mar 2011)
I have SGS2 with 250 apps and no problem at all its now with me for 5 months and it works Like a charm...
.ahaa I WILL BUY Samsung Galaxy S3 too :D waiting.....
24. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
had the gs2 for 6month and have had no issues at all and have been getting timely updates...some people are just have there head up apples as* that they start making things up to make themselves feel better...
8. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3056; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Haters can say what they want but this is a great achievement
11. FAW-Q (Posts: 63; Member since: 29 Jul 2011)
Everyone has haters, and it seems this site is filled with them.
12. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
considering samsung are competing with android aswel with many high end android phones available for choice,this is just that much more amazing
15. aries.phills (Posts: 139; Member since: 17 May 2011)
I'm glad I added to the stats byafter purchasing this device a week and 2 days ago. Guess what, I'm glad I bought this house -of-power device.
Super sexy and elegant beauty.
18. henrickrw (Posts: 408; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Iknow a lot of people (specially Apple Fanboys), are hurt in their orthos due to the fact that the GS2 is a wonderful handset.
I just hacked my phone to 2.3.5 via odin with the latest root & kernel & this just got better.
Respect the beast..... Respect to the MAX...!!!
26. arcq12 (Posts: 733; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
I always wanna try CM7 on my desire hd, but theres no stable release yet..
29. Mooooo (Posts: 212; Member since: 27 Aug 2011)
I finally had some time with this phone. All I can say is if it wasn't for the Prime. I would get this phone next. The speed and the display was incredible. Can't wait to see ICS and Prime soon.