Samsung Galaxy S IV to scroll on-screen content based on eye movement?
0. phoneArena 04 Mar 2013, 13:52 posted on
A report Monday claims that the Samsung Galaxy S IV will have a feature that will allow content on the screen to scroll up or down depending on the movement of the user's eyes; when someone is reading a story on the screen and comes to the bottom, the screen will scroll down to reveal the next paragraph without having to touch the screen...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Nokianhero (banned) (Posts: 26; Member since: 04 Mar 2013)
Phonearena!!? Why are not writing about nokia? All this samsungtalk all the time. :/
5. tech2 (Posts: 3354; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Chill. Expect a lot of this till 14th March and a little while after. Its Samsung turn to be in the lime light, few months later it will be Google, then Motorola, Nokia .....etc. its the cycle of mobile world ! :)
11. Nokianhero (banned) (Posts: 26; Member since: 04 Mar 2013)
Thats not fair!!! Nokia showed lumia 720 at MWC. Why not write about it??
13. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
because here is Iphone galaxy arena.
you need to go to Nokia arena to read related news.
17. Nokianhero (banned) (Posts: 26; Member since: 04 Mar 2013)
Iam serious! Samsung is just copying nokia all the time. Look att the purpleblue GS3. Nokia is making colorful phones and got copied!!
43. tll84 (Posts: 13; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
really?? this is what you are worried about being copied.......the color of a phone??? i hate to think that we are going to hear people wanting phone companies to copyright a color. wow, i think we have hit a new low.
50. Nokianhero (banned) (Posts: 26; Member since: 04 Mar 2013)
Remember its nokias idea for the first!
63. shuaibhere (Posts: 1983; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Have you ever heard about samsung corby, champ, galaxy y....
All of these phones came in many colours even before nokia thought of making lumia phones..
even s2 comes in many colour....
57. jcarrigan (unregistered)
Seriously dude, nokia doesnt control having colored phones. got over yourself. besides all these nokia phones looks the same
16. feres13 (Posts: 306; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
There's nothing interesting from nokia to talk about, the 720 is not exactly a flagship, The galaxy s series sold more than 100 million phones, and soon the galaxy S4 will be introduced. If the nokia announced EOS ( the one with the true pureview ) i'm sure Phonearena will talk alot about it.
Also there's nothing ground breaking about the 720, it's a midrange phone and there was no announcement for it's availability for it in the US. And if there was news about nokia, PA would write about it. Now it's GS4's time to shine. D-10
18. Nokianhero (banned) (Posts: 26; Member since: 04 Mar 2013)
I heard Eloop talking about Lumia 720. He sad it was a fantastic phone with superior specs!!
25. SleepingOz (unregistered)
29. feres13 (Posts: 306; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
I'm sorry but WVGA puts it in the " Don't even think about it" category
31. Nokianhero (banned) (Posts: 26; Member since: 04 Mar 2013)
It is clearblack!! Nokias own screen technology!!
38. feres13 (Posts: 306; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
You are really messed up bro, what did elop do yo you??
Clearblack my ass it's pixelated
40. feres13 (Posts: 306; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Is there unicrons iside the phone and is this low res screen's pixels made out of fairy dust??
22. Commentator (Posts: 3665; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
What is there even to say about the 720? It's a Nokia phone with mid-range specs and Windows Phone 8. Wow.
Eye movement-based scrolling, on the other hand, is something to talk about.
42. RiseAgainst94 (Posts: 281; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
ANYWAY this technology is probably as relevant as the Galaxy SIII's hologram...just rumor.
45. Nokianhero (banned) (Posts: 26; Member since: 04 Mar 2013)
Clearblack is not a rumor!! Its reality!
51. clark (Posts: 51; Member since: 23 Feb 2013)
You know what nokia poor fanboy stop messing this adorable page and accept the reality that your has nothing special to offer with its just WP8 phone and nobody cares on it but a st**id fanboy like you. Samsung is continuing their innovation and Galaxy S4 is another innovation from them. Nokia is just part of the history and so WP8 still having its very low sales despite promotion from Nokia. Accept it, you and your Nokia already lose the battle.
58. 8logic (Posts: 148; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
Copying the concept of colorful phones?????? I see a future apple lawyer there........
60. asseek (Posts: 164; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
so you're the Nokia trolling version, who jumps on every article, Nokia-related, Android-related, or whatever the article is about just to post some stupid comments related to Nokia, good for you kid, you've set a new record for trolling
if you're a real fan of Nokia, stop this bullsh*t
and about the article that sounds amazing, and innovative.
39. ZeroCide (Posts: 769; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
Chill as we ramp up to march 14 the hype will get bigger then it will fizzle off. Then its off to the next thing.
44. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
If you know about any unannounced news related with Nokia, you always can send a tip for a Phone.Arena.com.
48. MrJerry (Posts: 403; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
BTW please stop whining and grow up
3. Tronics24 (Posts: 1; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
I jus had a wowgasm jus by reading the article...imma pass on the the s4 tho keeping ma note 2 yet 2 see a phone surpass it in terms of features :)...getting the note 3
4. Izoe (Posts: 131; Member since: 02 Sep 2010)
Someone say true innovation? If this is true that is. This is the kinda thing manufacturers should be focusing on instead of lawsuits. Bringing new features that make the phone easier to use and take advantage of all the excessive power under the hood of phones these days.
6. zaryab_hussain77 (Posts: 104; Member since: 30 Jun 2011)
On 14 march 666 The Galaxy Beast will be unveiled
32. ebubekir26 (Posts: 314; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
i don't see a reason why someone would dislike my comment
35. urtard (banned) (Posts: 82; Member since: 30 Jan 2013)
it's xperia-knight and his 5 other accounts
8. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Now that would be some true futuristic stuff, if they make it work properly
9. kaliil10 (Posts: 145; Member since: 16 May 2012)
Phonearena you are really sammy fun boys... you write the possitve news from Nokia wich the other websites write . but when you write your own article about Nokia phones you say always bad news like lumia 920 camera isn't good.
59. 8logic (Posts: 148; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
They never said it wasn't good..... They even said it took great low light pics... What they did say was it was not what all the hype made it out to be.
10. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
the question is whether they can make it work properly.
but i think these specs are not as important as hardware.
using one finger to scroll up or down is not that difficult.
12. drnggaj33 (Posts: 127; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
my nest phone gonna be a sam s4 or the google moto X phone....ill wait a lil longer
15. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
Watch when sony drops another phone later this year....its gonna make samsung s**t its pants
20. ReaperChief (Posts: 31; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Kinda like the Xperia Z? Ha, ha.. No thanks!
21. Esf_Kid (Posts: 49; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
whats the problem with Z?
i think its the best phone right now and S4 doesn't seem way different than Z or even htc One.
26. urtard (banned) (Posts: 82; Member since: 30 Jan 2013)
"best phone" with a horrible display, atrious battery life, fragile glass, purple and pink tinted camera and a copy of lg optimus g
37. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
"horrible"? this is the highest ppi available right now and you call it horrible only because of viewing angles? how do you know about the battery? it lasts more than a day with average usage.
"fragile glass"? didn't you see any drop test of it? it is one of the most durable devices right now.
did you work with camera or just commenting with regard to some biased reviews?
and the last part of your comment is the most ridiculous one. "copy of LG" haha.
bring on more realistic defects without flavor of fanboism.
62. urtard (banned) (Posts: 82; Member since: 30 Jan 2013)
Look at all this butt-devastation pouring out of this sony shill LOL
"ITS NOT FAIR THE REVIEW WAS BIASED CUZ IT DOESNT AGREE WITH ME!"
67. cheetah2k (Posts: 1507; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
The HTC DNA beat it to the highest PPI dude... get your facts straight...
73. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
no one even counts on DNA as a flagship.
it is nowhere close to Z.
24. urtard (banned) (Posts: 82; Member since: 30 Jan 2013)
in after butt-furious samsung haters
28. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Cool story, bro.. Cool story.. =]
65. shuaibhere (Posts: 1983; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Thank you for another senseless comment...
You can dream what ever you want..but it'll never happen...
19. Hemlocke (unregistered)
Kudos to Samsung for trying this. I can't see it being a smooth function, and battery life will take a hit, but this is a better software innovation than Smart Stay or the awful split screen (Great on tablets, but not useful on sub 5.5" screens).
53. procopiojose (Posts: 132; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
are you nuts?? the split screen is a great feature.. i'll give you a scenario that happens to me..
you are on a unfamiliar place and you need to track location using google map and gps.. but then you need to send messages to know where exactly you are going. you can open the messaging app at the top so you can do both without switching screens.
samsung might have improved this feature for the gs4. and all i can see is good things about it.
61. jroc74 (Posts: 5987; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I wish I had split screen when on the web and wanting to do something else. Even switching music players and being on the web, split screen would be nice. I have about 4 players....been to lazy to see if all songs can be played on 1.
3 are part of streaming services...
I use public transportation alot....having pdf's on a split screen would be helpful. I can catch 3-4 buses at the station on the way home, 2 in the morning going to work.
What can I say...I multi task... or I actually use my smartphone for other than making calls and texting...lol.
70. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Ignore him. He is just a hater. Smart stay works great as well. He is just hating because his mind is too feeble to realize that a handset does no it have to have a metal finish to be nice.
23. oister85 (Posts: 473; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
innovation samsung got the game rolling. Good job samsung
30. timtimity (Posts: 196; Member since: 13 Aug 2012)
I'm a fan of mobile technology. Any innovation is good innovation, no matter who makes it. This comes to mind every time I see a fan boy argument/trolling/abuse of a product just because you don't like it (probably without any hands on experience with it) on here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v