Samsung Galaxy S IV to be impressive performer, but made out of plastic?
0. phoneArena posted on 04 Mar 2013, 03:02
The Samsung Galaxy S IV puzzle is getting solved each day by the rumor and today’s part is about the materials it is made of…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
144. alexzibrit posted on 05 Mar 2013, 17:45 0
Specs and features are not the same thing, If that was the case every Company would have basically equal sales and Samsung would be at the bottom of the pack, and specs does not always mean better performance it helps, but the software implementation is what really makes for a better phone, and that my Sir was my Story of why I love the New TouchWiz, the extra features it gives is what a smartphone is meant to do, make life more efficient, not sit there and look pretty until I'm ready to brag
65. mousesports posted on 04 Mar 2013, 04:32 2
to big , hahahaha this is what they can do ... huge phones ...Plastic and low quality
67. darac posted on 04 Mar 2013, 04:37 1
He just gets to play with very early prototypes and then shouts out for attention.
73. Lakuta1978 posted on 04 Mar 2013, 04:47 1
samsung : 2010 : 3.5'
2011 : 4.3"
2012 : 4.8'
2013 : 5"
2014 : 6" phone????
74. takay0 posted on 04 Mar 2013, 04:48 2
i dont care if itss 4 cores or 8... i dont careif its 1.7 Ghz or 2 Ghz... 8 mp or 13 mp... 2 GB ram or 3.
the phone in this days are blastin fast! HD! good camera! all i care right now its this 4 things:
2. a good UI
3. premium design (like nokia or HTC)
4. better battery/reduce the screen battery use (like LCD 3 or so..)
75. jackhammeR posted on 04 Mar 2013, 05:01 1
mr murtazin...crawl under the same rock you crawled out, please
as for the galaxy...plastic everywhere but hardware will give htc one hard moments
77. jackhammeR posted on 04 Mar 2013, 05:09 1
the problem is that no one else but customers let samsung to do their business that way.
Previous galaxy sold in millions...even though it was a plastic nightmare and paled into insignificance everytime when it was compared with the competition.
You fanboys laught at Nokia that tey're using N9 design (which is amazingly simple, gorgeus, etc, )but maybe you should take a look at samsung's inferior design.
78. cGmC11 posted on 04 Mar 2013, 05:09 3
HTC One will steal some market share this year with the premium materials
99. shem2409 posted on 04 Mar 2013, 08:48 1
HTC looks like a great device, I decided to go for Xperia Z instead because of several reasons.
1. I prefer the Z design (but that's just me)
2. I think metal on HTC is gonna be less durable than XZ
3. The size is almost the same and you get a smaller screen (because of stupid buttons)
4. HTC does not support developers and makes it difficult to unlock and root the phone.
5. I looked through sample pictures and video and Zoe all over the web, and I have to say that I am not impressed. Most pictures look very grainy. The only area where it is a little bit superior is low lightening shots.
I bought a Z a couple of days ago and so far I absolutely love it and can't find any downsides. Let me know if you have some questions
81. uvaman posted on 04 Mar 2013, 05:32 1
Trusting Eldar is like trusting your government! He was wrong for S3 and same rubish.
He didnt said even one proof of this and we already know from past leaks that
S4 will use plastic :)))
89. mayur007 posted on 04 Mar 2013, 07:36 1
no phone or phablet need a stylus until thr is no use (stylus based soft/application) in it
90. InspectorGadget80 posted on 04 Mar 2013, 07:48 2
But plastic is stronger than fragile glass. Even tempered glass is stronger than fragile glass
95. Berzerk000 posted on 04 Mar 2013, 08:19 3
I don't care if it's plastic, as long as it has a matte finish and doesn't creak.
98. shem2409 posted on 04 Mar 2013, 08:43 0
Well looks like noone will but SIV this year. People want premium looking Android devices and not cheap plastic. I bought an Xperia Z 2 days ago and the design is stunning. It is the best smartphone that I have owned. It is extremely fast as well and the sound quality it produces on headphones is exceptional. I recorded a first impressions video so if you want, take a look on youtube /watch?v=P32rdsmgNqU
101. lubba posted on 04 Mar 2013, 08:56 2
People will buy it matter what its made of. It has the goods that techies and consumers look for. And also size doesn't matter anymore folks. Get that through your thick skull. Sammy executed the galaxy right in every way. They deserve to win. Though in some part was in the expense of copying some works from Apple. Kind of sad but hey it worked out. As for HTC, there done and gone. The One has flown away in the wind. Nice looking phone, poor execution, bad camera. HTC, always trying to beat Samsung and others the punch but always missing.
105. Eonnaydra posted on 04 Mar 2013, 10:11 0
Where is the innovation?Plastic,octo core which drain more battery but has the same power as a dual core?13 mpx camera from Sony?
The costumers are bored now.
119. ashisharbola posted on 04 Mar 2013, 11:24 1
How u know it will drain battery u moron , Have u used it yet....
145. alexzibrit posted on 05 Mar 2013, 17:48 0
The Octo Core saves your battery life moron, if you didn't know this why the hell are you even here?
107. timtimity posted on 04 Mar 2013, 10:18 0
Because of the patent attempts people make fun of rounded corners but they make a huge difference to the initial perception of the phone's size (to me anyway). The Xperia Z is virtually the same size as an S3 but with the S3's rounded corners it looks smaller. If the S4 has a similar sized screen to the Z with a small bezel but with round corners it could attract a lot of people who wouldn't consider the Z as it's too big just because it seems smaller.
120. Andrewtst posted on 04 Mar 2013, 11:34 1
Premium = outer + inner.
It won't be premium without either one.
Nor matter using what outer material, even plastic, as long pick the solid highest quality with top notch design still archives premium look. (Inner Samsung never had issue).
Now just wait and see, please out of something premium, this was main key now.
121. bojan posted on 04 Mar 2013, 11:42 0
Samsung if you makeing it plastic good luck i'm buying the HTC i hate plastic.
122. Brutus posted on 04 Mar 2013, 11:54 2
Specs do matter but if the phone is made of low quality plastic and priced at $600, it hurts.,,
My phone of 2013 - HTC ONe
146. alexzibrit posted on 05 Mar 2013, 17:51 0
Polycarbonic is more expensive than Aluminum, and is more durable, plus Poly carbonate is even used in some cars, Plus did you know it is easier to break a Bugatti than it is to Break one of Samsung's flagships?
126. akki20892 posted on 04 Mar 2013, 13:42 0
sorry sammy fans but thats true, i love my nokia n8......great design and great durability and great quality.......!!! and waiting for NL920 on my hand..........some android users miss nokia....!!!