Samsung Galaxy S IV to be impressive performer, but made out of plastic?
0. phoneArena 04 Mar 2013, 03:02 posted on
The Samsung Galaxy S IV puzzle is getting solved each day by the rumor and today’s part is about the materials it is made of…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. dilse (Posts: 25; Member since: 24 Aug 2012)
4.99=5 inch..people want a phone not a phablet sammy....
11. tech2 (Posts: 3463; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
phablet is 5.5 inch with a stylus and almost all companies are going for 5 inch screen this year.
59. PhoenixWright (Posts: 102; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
Isn't 5 inches the boundary for the phablet category?
Plus a Phablet doesn't necessarily need a stylus.
108. Dr.Phil (Posts: 1218; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
I have stated this before when someone asked the same question: a phablet is defined as a device BETWEEN (but not including) 5 inches and 7 inches. This means a phone with a screen size anywhere between 5.1-6.9 inches is defined as a phablet (at least for right now).
117. RiseAgainst94 (Posts: 281; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
How is the term phablet even relevant? The only thing that's relevant is how big people perceive the phone to be.
141. PhoenixWright (Posts: 102; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
Objection! I just stated boundary, I didn't say 5 was already a Phablet.
123. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
so the OG Note was not a Phablet? :p
138. haroonazeem638 (Posts: 141; Member since: 29 Mar 2011)
The OG Note was a Phablet. It had a 5.3 inch display.
27. a1000smiles4u (Posts: 84; Member since: 24 Apr 2012)
Once you use it.... Every other device with smaller size looks like a toy.
But then thr r ppl who won't stop complaining
55. clark (Posts: 51; Member since: 23 Feb 2013)
its just you who wants a phone with smaller screen not us.
66. shadez10 (Posts: 427; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
maybe in the future you would want a 21" phone...
good luck with your pocket... xD
70. takay0 (Posts: 144; Member since: 25 Mar 2012)
I i want a smaller screen too! 5 inch its just too nig for comfortable use! if you are in bed/wanna use with 1 hand.. its too big! 4.5 its the biggest screen that you can use and still be comfortable!
84. jan25 (Posts: 470; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
I think 4.7 inch is ideal, but 5 inch display with minimum bezel wont be a deal breaker.
103. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
No one wants a 4" phone. U know who im talkn bout ;)
109. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
The biggest phone ever is the Lumia 920 and that only has a 4.5 inch screen. Also the Xperia ZL has a 5 inch screen and it is smaller than most 2012 flagships of varying screen sizes, including the 4.8 GS3, 4.7 One X. etc.
Also, the LG Optimus G measurements make it sound tiny but it actually feels huge compared to the GS3 because of the perfect blocky rectangle shape. So stop judging phone size on only one criteria. There are a lot of variables that go into it.
116. Nokianhero (banned) (Posts: 26; Member since: 04 Mar 2013)
Who wants to buy someting from samsung. Nokia has the best phones, fastest cpus and operating system
130. hiBreed (Posts: 90; Member since: 29 May 2012)
Lol, as much as i love nokia and their premium devices, i dont think u should write another manufacturer off, even huawei(say who are we) deserves a chance with their latest 'soldiers'
132. _PHug_ (Posts: 444; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
Nokia fell off after the N95.
They are done, toss them in the river along with Blackberry, Windows phones and Palm
133. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
You poor soul working over their at Nokia must be pretty lonely. It's a reflection of Nokia and it's pitiful sales and Marketing share in 2012. Get off those drugs your smoking Samsung sold 213 million smartphones in 2012. 40% market share proves enough.
129. hiBreed (Posts: 90; Member since: 29 May 2012)
Whats with all the thumb downs? The dude is right, just cause samsung is doing it doesnt make it good. I love the note series, but when i want a phone, it actually means i want a phone, when i want a bridge (phone+tablet) i'll get the note okay!
134. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
Another lost soul. What's this world coming too.
139. scsa852k (Posts: 329; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
Well, get used to it.
There will be tons of 5 inch Full HD Quadcore phones thrown at our faces this year.
2. dil2abu (Posts: 305; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
Samsung don't know to make a Premium Phone..
Learn it from Sony..
28. belovedson (Posts: 988; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
samsung can make use of other materials over plastic for their phones. but will mostly not do so, they will repeat their builds until they have to change and right now plastic with bits of metal is fine
5. tech2 (Posts: 3463; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
premium phone is judged by what is inside not by its body. If sammy could make it more durable then who cares its plastic. BTW it might be polycarbonate which is the same material used by Nokia and few other manufacturers.
and whats the point to have a nicely designed phone but when u turn it on you have to look at outdated specs and TFT screen ?
10. naveenstuns (Posts: 172; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
"premium phone is judged by what is inside not by its body"
are you kidding
tell me one advantage you have in galaxy s4 comparing with galaxy s3 other than display.You can play all the apps in playstore with s3 then what is the need for better processors and spending more for that.
17. tech2 (Posts: 3463; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
If you can read my comment, I am not comparing S4 with S3 its with Sony and Nokia trolls. read the whole comment first before commenting