Samsung Galaxy S IV release date set for April 2013, may feature an "unbreakable" screen
0. phoneArena 06 Dec 2012, 04:01 posted on
Yeah, that's what we want to see - more rumors and info about the Galaxy S IV! What's undoubtedly the most successful series of Android models will surely return next year for another record-breaking launch...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
32. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
Lets see what Nokia has to offer......
33. leondarsh (Posts: 19; Member since: 16 Jul 2011)
Nokia can only create great camera phones.. I grow up with nokia phones, but suddenly they are fedding up.. I hate windows phone. WP is not have file manager, for transfering files u must have ZUNE softwere and limited apps... If nokia can made android based smartphones, than it will be game changer... I can only dream it... f**k Stephen Elop... Remove Stephen Elop ASAP....
37. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3607; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Have you not been reading the news lately? WP8 (or is it 7.8 or higher?) don't need Zune to transfer files to the phone anymore.
And by they way, Nokia creates good smartphones...not only cameraphones.
95. tpranta (Posts: 13; Member since: 09 Dec 2012)
I will immediately sell my Lumia 920 and buy iPhone instead if Nokia ever started to make Android phones. Sailfish OS on the other hand is another story.
34. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1345; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
I hope this phone kicks my Note 2 butt. Gives me somthing to look forward to in the Note 3. It will be another excellent year for Samsung while Apple is content with another "s" model.
36. Johnabis (Posts: 57; Member since: 17 Feb 2011)
Yeah I hope there are solid rumors about the note 3 by the time the galaxy s4 is ready to be released. not sure if I should get the s4 or the note 3, if the note 3 physical size is any bigger then i'll go with the s4.
41. kboo1995 (unregistered)
Ok samsung Challange accepted
45. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Alright, here's the deal.. the screen itself will be unbreakable since it will be flexible.. but the touch layer on top of it will still be a gorilla glass :)
And when you break it, you will only have to change the glass instead of the whole digitizer, which is a much cheaper repair
46. ChafedBanana (Posts: 368; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Please let it still have a removable battery. If it does, I am sold.
49. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I want to the next phone made from flubber....make the SGS4 the same size as the Note and make the Note a 6 inch phablet.
Even better, how about an adjustable size phone.....
50. Mr.Singh (Posts: 11; Member since: 02 Aug 2012)
i think size of the GS3 is enough large & perfect. So please dont upgrade size of the GS4. Im waiting for GS4, not Note4. It will be difficult to handle xtra large phone in some cases, like: driving, feels uncomfortable while in pocket, very difficult to use phone with one hand. So plz dont enlarge body size than GS3, coz its already perfect size for humans ;)
51. lilg29 (Posts: 89; Member since: 14 Sep 2011)
I love my gs3 but I hope this company isn't starting to be like apple with all of these next Gen phones being one after another. The thing that I love though is that I'm not waiting for features with this one. I already have them.
101. Saamic (Posts: 119; Member since: 20 Feb 2012)
I think the way Samsung and Apple differ is that Apple gives a incremental update quickly while Samsung actually gives substantial updates quickly
54. lumia920 (Posts: 112; Member since: 27 Nov 2012)
don't worry SS i can break it for you.....
55. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3714; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
The S4 will be the phoone to beat until the Note 3 comes out, but I truly hope they don't try to market this as a feature. Nothing is unbreakable. They're asking for some serious blowback if they try that.
58. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
They'll implement a flexible screen which indeed is unbreakable.
But since flexible screen easily bends and scratches, they will add a protective glass on top of it.
So overall it won't be unbreakable but when the glass breaks the screen underneath will remain intact.
78. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3714; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I'm sure you've played with many flexible screens in your time, so you know this to be fact. Give me one to torture test & I'll show you just how flimsy (pun intended) your claim is.
81. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Show me how you can break a piece of plastic film, Hulk. You can only tear it apart. But trying breaking it would make you stupid.
I know a Nokia 5800 very well, btw. Handled it too many times. That thing had a plastic kinda display and it bended and scratched easily.
It's unimaginable that now days they'd make the same effect on a product of S4 caliber.
So a glass on top of it sounds like a safe bet to me
83. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
I can't picture them adding extra glass on top of the display... Kind of takes away the point of being flexible. Can't wait to see what the S4 will look like.
91. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3714; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Right, because tearing it apart & breaking it aren't the same thing.
56. StalkinUrMom (Posts: 111; Member since: 16 Apr 2012)
I just got an S3 a week ago. Damn it.
Please, Samsung, no hyperglaze this time.
62. drnggaj33 (Posts: 127; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
forget ur iphones aka iclones copyright my this apple
63. tyger11 (Posts: 129; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Unbreakable screens can be used to break other screens.
64. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
they better get the design right this time and the camera too
65. hameed1989 (Posts: 47; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
Meanwhile at Apple.....' HOW THE HELL CAN WE PATENT THIS' :P
Regarding this display ..The question is .... how much will it bend before it breaks...I mean you have the board and other chips inside the device...They also cant use glass for flexibility...it is gotta be something else.
84. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
DROOL'S all over the GS IV. I can't wait till APRIL for a FULL 1080P HD PHONE. This wil be my next phone :)
86. phonemirer (Posts: 111; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
then 3-4 months later they will launch the note 3 will copy its desing & that wont enter in your pocket and will be better than s4
87. solidsnakeduds013 (Posts: 218; Member since: 20 Oct 2010)
people get real. Flexible screen? the Galaxy S3 is not going to be a flexible screen
88. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
And they wonder y Samsung so great
Uh, HELLO!!!!! 1st fone with "Unbreakable Screen"!!!!
92. meterman1955 (Posts: 1; Member since: 09 Dec 2012)
this sounds like a must have, I may be tempted to switch from my iphone 4s when my contract ends in 1/2014
94. samthesam (Posts: 3; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
What I think many people dont realize is that a "unbreakable screen could just possibly mean the display. On my old epic 4g, I was showing my friends how strong the screen was by dropping a 5 pound plate on it. The screen didn't crack, but the display did.
98. mihaidenis (Posts: 22; Member since: 09 Sep 2012)
They'll use polycarbonate glass.
This is a flexible and,theoretical
But it scratch very easy.
So they will put a layer on top
of it to avoid this.
I'm curious if the frame
will be also policarbonate
and unibody for strenght.
99. tmoney83 (Posts: 37; Member since: 08 May 2009)
Man I hate this cell phone stuff lol. upgrade is on jan 10 so i was thinking note 2 but should i wait for S4 or what
100. Saamic (Posts: 119; Member since: 20 Feb 2012)
Don't get too excited rememeber how overhyped the GSIII became? I still turned out to be a fantastic phone, but I mean compared to our expectations it was really disappointing
102. jameshoe (unregistered)
unbreakable screen? like couldn't broken by Lumia 920
103. itsius1 (Posts: 49; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I'd like to know if sammy's SIV will be following the latest trend alongside HTC DROID DNA method, superrior on allsides but sacrficing the option of ans expansion slot and a removable battery, hearing it is a rumored ubreakable phone...
Plus a worldphone with a micro simcard? Didn't help motorola and the HTC X line with that method, it worked for apple, but why it didnt work for android line?
105. SomikSharma (Posts: 7; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Great news! Lets hope these rumored specs comes true. Eager to use it.