Samsung Galaxy S IV release date set for April 2013, may feature an "unbreakable" screen
0. phoneArena 06 Dec 2012, 04:01 posted on
Yeah, that's what we want to see - more rumors and info about the Galaxy S IV! What's undoubtedly the most successful series of Android models will surely return next year for another record-breaking launch...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. tiara6918 (Posts: 2042; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Maybe it'll feature that flexible amoled screen sammy has been working on, can't wait to see that!
4. phil2n (Posts: 487; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
wow unbreakable screen... Im waiting also for the S IV to destroy that F**^ng BLENDER
59. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
If screen is flexible, it may become unbreakable.
66. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
you were saying?
if it can take a hammer like that, it can sufficiently handle most of what can happen to your smartphone.
69. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
That's what I'm talking about!
But they'll probably put a glass on top of it, to prevent bending and scratching
76. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
I still can't get used to your new avatar...
79. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
xD i used to always have a Wallace Avatar.
75. metalpoet (unregistered)
Mxyzptlk, I wonder if you comment on here just to piss everybody off. were all excited here about a device and get just had to kill the buzz. How about this you in br*d swine, grow up and come back when can play with the big boys.
96. legokangpalla (Posts: 6; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Except for....time, f**k I don't know.
Well if it comes to that, I guess it would be irrelevant.
53. sid07desai (Posts: 290; Member since: 03 May 2012)
besides the screen, people would really appreciate a better build quality. they should try something other than plastic.
68. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
The build quality of a product is so much more than a sturdy material.
A tank can be complete fail regarding an overall quality
no matter how hard armor you put on it.
Anyway, the S3 is an excellent quality product (apart from being prone to screen cracking at a certain angle of impact )
70. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
yeah, a tank is only as tough as the nuts and bolts holding it together.
22. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i'm pretty sure the unbreakable display IS Samsung's flexible YOMU Display or whatever it's called.
67. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
now why are we thumbing me down?
73. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
hahaha.......good stuff king :)
93. Airforce (Posts: 68; Member since: 24 Jul 2012)
you know Apple should better watch their backs..because the American market might fully SUBSCRIBE for Samsung's breakthrough phone..SIV..lets see if APPLE will sue Samsung again for Copyright or patents or Infringement
104. MichaelCris (Posts: 2; Member since: 26 Dec 2012)
Oh surely will be equipped with AIRBAGS xxxx
2. redmd (Posts: 1269; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I'll wait for the next generation of galaxy note. another big winner from Samsung I guess.
3. pokharkarsaga (Posts: 384; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
This time we dont want saturated colors but accurate colors with details like True HD IPS panel and some real innovation in camera section like lumia 920.
5. redmd (Posts: 1269; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I think the real innovation should be the pureview 808.
17. groupsacc (Posts: 232; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
Don't understand why people are fussed about the "saturated colours". You can change that in Display Profile setting to make it less "saturated", or if you are an overly colour sensitive psychopath you can use an adjustment app to change the RGB profiles.
The screens are "saturated" only because of the factory samsung settings.
25. doejon (Posts: 398; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
we will see an camera improvement cuz sammy is already massproducing
his own camerasensor
72. bluescreen (Posts: 154; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
how do u know if " sammy" is male or female....awaiting further conformation
97. legokangpalla (Posts: 6; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
My friend got a self-photo of him taken by iPhone 5 with IPS retina whatever.
He took a photo of me with my phone which was Galaxy Note 2.
Now, FYI I have a premature grey hair, nothing to be proud of, but obvious as hell.
It is shame to say my grey hair was indistinguishable with his dark hair on IPS
Your point is? I like the vivid HDR like color of AMOLED displays much better than the washed out, too bright, like an over exposed photo feel of most IPS screens.
6. maier9900 (Posts: 272; Member since: 17 Dec 2011)
My preferred screen size is 4".... It really sucks that every time they come out with a new device they have to increase the screen size. But 4" is my preference and everybody has their own too. And i would love an unbreakable screen... hurry up samsung. !
61. BadAssAbe (Posts: 456; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
instead of wanting a 4in phone you should say you want a phone with a really thin form and size
7. OpTiMuS_BlAcK (Posts: 418; Member since: 04 May 2012)
Have they found out how to turn 3310s into glass? o_O