Samsung Galaxy S IV features Smart scroll, Smart pause, Smart rotation revealed by screenshots
0. phoneArena 06 Mar 2013, 03:37 posted on
Several days ago, a rumor related to the upcoming and yet-unannounced Samsung Galaxy S IV surfaced suggesting that the device would use advanced eye-tracking features. By figuring out which part of the screen the user is looking at, the smartphone would automatically scroll whatever content is displayed, be it a web page, a document, or something else. Now, a handful of screenshots, allegedly taken on a Galaxy S IV, confirm the existence of the said feature...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
53. GALAXY-STORM (Posts: 328; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
May be, but the cloud on my s3 have a blue icon on notification bar.
33. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Oh wow..What strikes me is that they haven't changed the theme of UI at all.
I was expecting a complete visual overhaul!
97. alexzibrit (Posts: 67; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
Why they already did this with the Nature UX on the S3 and Note 2 every other company is now starting to do this,, so for another drastic change to occur that might actually end up being to Samsung's Down fall, since Touchwiz was the only UI which offered minimum lag even thought it was the most different from Vanilla Android, and I know I'll get thumbs down for saying that but, just read or watch reviews of the S2 and other phones released at the same time and you'll see what I mean
36. Andrewtst (Posts: 303; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
It was great to know it exist. :)
Patiently waiting on it announcing date.
37. _Bone_ (Posts: 2113; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Smart turn on would be awesome just to have a peak at the notification screen and updates.
38. pyradark (Posts: 754; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
how about people with eyeglasses?? will it work properly?
let see how smart it is
74. LionStone (Posts: 445; Member since: 10 Dec 2010)
Haha...you got a good point...or sunglasses!
41. supa_dupa (Posts: 56; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
So I'll have to move my head like idiot to scroll? Not my eyes, but my head?
60. shuaibhere (Posts: 1303; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Just read the article properly...
you are confusing between smart pause and smart scroll....
42. c.sonnen (Posts: 18; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
UPDATE: We have just found out that these images are actually from the Android 4.2.1 leaked firmware for Galaxy S III and we were given the wrong information by the tipper. Though, The Galaxy S IV will indeed have these features as confirmed by our insider.
43. takay0 (Posts: 144; Member since: 25 Mar 2012)
but not all the time im movin my head from the screen i want it to pause!
50. appleroyally. (banned) (Posts: 11; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
We say we see a lot of TROLLS in here
We advise you all to seek wise counselling
We like that
69. VJo003 (Posts: 322; Member since: 11 Mar 2012)
We say you sound upset.
We think you need help
We day go see a do©tor
We like that ©©©
59. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5566; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Smart Rotation is already a feature of the Galaxy devices...
96. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5566; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
am i gonna have to take a screen cap of it or something? why would i make that up?
71. rodkurt (Posts: 128; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
i just noticed that there's a hater that disliked every post...apple people, tsk.
77. voxmarc (Posts: 299; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
all the smart features on my note 2 are working perfectly fine...and now this....WOOOOOWWWW......oh BTW i tried the nokia pureview,,,,damn that phone is ugly...camera lens sticking out like damn hump...they innovate the sensor but the size of the camera lens are blatantly stupid.....then...i woke up...bad nightmare....hug my note 2...
79. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
your not funny, least you try
first talking on size you rip on the 808 yet you claim to use a note 2. you cant comment on size then as both are big devices due to there specialties.
but many this ''BTW i tried the nokia pureview'' i think you mean the 808 right fanboy? the camera is the best on a phone ofcourse it will stick out. the note 2 is massive due to been a media packed mini tablet basically. both have there strengths.
so go back to sleep
99. alexzibrit (Posts: 67; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
the pureview is thicker and also big, the note 2 has an ergonomic design that makes it feel smaller than it is and plus it really thin for a phone that size
100. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
lets face it thin phones are nothing different, as for design its just a bigger s3 so dont act like it was designed purposely to feel smaller. there were just trying to unify there range.
as for size note 2 is bigger and will stretch the hand more when holding it compared to the 808 which is chunkier. id say the 808 fits better in the hand as its more rounded then the note 2
ofcourse i see the samsung fanboys are controlling the comments section now.......samsung fanboys taking the place of apple fanboys
78. Andrewtst (Posts: 303; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Spot something new on spec leak = 480dpi FHD
80. BadAssAbe (Posts: 434; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
I see Samsung Wants to play a game of Ultimate Peek-A-Boo
82. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6278; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Now this is a really cool feature can't wait till NEXT THURSDAY
86. nokiandroid (unregistered)
87. _PHug_ (Posts: 380; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
Well, Samsung wins again.
This thread will hit 100+ filled with Nokia, Apple, Sony & HTC fans trying their damnedest to throw rocks at the throne.
88. _PHug_ (Posts: 380; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
Nokia fans are hilarious.
Everytime a real smart phone is mentioned they chime in with "we have a better camera and pretty colors"
103. akki20892 (Posts: 3338; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
yeah dude that's true and you have to accept this........!!!
89. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2386; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
Now they're building off of Motorola's ideas with smart actions....smh when will it stop
98. alexzibrit (Posts: 67; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
It's a damn well "Smart"-phone what do you expect? -_- I'm sorry but that comment really enraged me, do you want Samsung to stop adding features to there phones? and end up at the bottom of the pack, no they won't because they are a Company and they need to make "Money" you know the reason that companies make phones in the first place, truthfully no company directly cares about you , but they will try to make things more efficient for you, and to mw (in my opinion) (and based on the facts as well) Samsung is the company that does the the most and the best as well
104. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Dude, this dumbass has nothing to say. He's just a butthurt Samsung hater, trolling each and every article about Samsung.
105. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Oh you're saying that Sony copied the notification panel toggles from Samsung. Yeah, I knew it!
90. Taters (Posts: 2707; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Lol the Samsung hating trolls on here are hilarious. Samsung is successful because they make superior products, it isn't rocket science here. The people that say it is all marketing are the biggest morons ever since they just started to market recently and before the GS3, their mobile products probably had less marketing than HTC phones. How do you explain the GS2 kicking HTC's ass without any marketing? Oh that's right!
91. Dan9999 (Posts: 4; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
Seriously Samsung better come up with something that is better than the new HTC or its done. SIII was a great phone, but the new HTC is just beautiful in every way.
102. akki20892 (Posts: 3338; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
my neck and eyes are hurting.......lol
106. RohanM (Posts: 129; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
With having so many issues to sgs3 I am starting to hate my own sgs3.. so became a sammy hater.. issues like, sudden death, heating, poor multitasking...and so on..
sammy u disappointed me... typing from my sgs3........
next time will go for sony or htc (nokia only if they come up with droid) :)