Samsung Galaxy S IV features Smart scroll, Smart pause, Smart rotation revealed by screenshots
0. phoneArena 06 Mar 2013, 03:37 posted on
Several days ago, a rumor related to the upcoming and yet-unannounced Samsung Galaxy S IV surfaced suggesting that the device would use advanced eye-tracking features. By figuring out which part of the screen the user is looking at, the smartphone would automatically scroll whatever content is displayed, be it a web page, a document, or something else. Now, a handful of screenshots, allegedly taken on a Galaxy S IV, confirm the existence of the said feature...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
6. nikenturd (unregistered)
Imagine if Apple came up with these things...
7. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Apple fans would have been busy in having mud bath in split second .... many would be running amuck on streets shouting EUREKA :D
85. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
all apple do is copy. just wait till their conference starts they will steal ANDROID face unlocked and many of us won't be too happy bout that
11. nikenturd (unregistered)
You are boring if you dont use launchers....I despise Touchwiz too...Apex is by far the best
23. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
i thought sony is good at boring ui ?
9. linas_ltu (Posts: 32; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
marketing gimmicks. They will not work as you expect.
12. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Well entire Smartphone industry is all about who does the gimmicks best isn;t it ... some even try and do it by faking videos :D
14. GALAXY-STORM (Posts: 328; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
All the features works just fine. Check the latest samsung device running on jb.
10. nikenturd (unregistered)
arent these features useless at night ( or dimly lit room ) because the camera barely detects anything?
16. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Light of the screen should be enough to detect eye related sensing IMHO.
13. Loubielou (Posts: 509; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Apple seems very quite alately,as they will be seeing was the S4 an offer an then copy everything on there 5s ,they do not seem to like someone else offering better features than there phones,but Samsung seem to like the battle with Apple,an nowdays can easily outshine Apple
21. ravigill (Posts: 24; Member since: 30 Jan 2013)
THATS SMART PHONE WHICH WILL HAVE SMART STAY ,,,SMART PAUSE,,SMART ROTATION,,,SMART SCROLL,,,,,.HOPE GALAXY S4 WILL BE SMART THAN HTC ONE ,,XPERIA Z AND UPCOMING IPHONE
27. p0rkguy (Posts: 685; Member since: 23 Nov 2010)
Don't think you should get the S4, you'll make all the others seem dumb.
Didn't really want to say it but Samsung fanboys are becoming more ignorant like Apple fanboys, which is sucks because now I can't even defend myself against Apple fanboys.
44. jroc74 (Posts: 6014; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Well we can agree that when a product creates more fanboys....they must be doing something right.
Sadly...I agree with you.
62. SleepingOz (unregistered)
English is not his primary language, obviously.
There're a lot of members here from middle east Asia. Bashing someone on thing like this is pathetic!
93. p0rkguy (Posts: 685; Member since: 23 Nov 2010)
I DONT KNOW ABOUT YOU BUT TO TYPE SOMETHING IN ALL CAPS IS QUITE IGNORANT, PRIMARY LANGUAGE OR NOT.
24. Cesar (Posts: 139; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
i don't think this is the S IV, this looks like the S III
66. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
The siv doesnt have a home button. Look at the leak pictures again. Most 5"phone phones have on screen buttons
25. N-fanboy (Posts: 543; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
I'm sure it will blow the fish out of the pond but i dont see any innovation that will solve oure biggest problems... Like nokia's pureview camera during low light .
45. jroc74 (Posts: 6014; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Does all innovation have to solve "our" biggest problems? Who or what determines "our" biggest problems?
I rarely use the camera on my phone.....so the camera means nothing to me.
Ppl that read alot on their phones.....might like these feature more than Pureview. I am into eBook now. Guess wich feature would get more used by me between these and Pureview?
I would rather see innovation in battery tech than camera tech. If camera tech, innovation was so important...everyone would have a 920 or 808. Or HTC One. Thats the beauty of it....we all have different wants n needs.
63. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Ah, nokian idiots these days. smh..
26. MrJerry (Posts: 403; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
BTW based on the color reproduction in those pictures, SGS4 will come out with FHD Amoled RGB
94. Amro_ (Posts: 12; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
Yeah because you can see the color reproduction in screenshots
29. josephnero (Posts: 555; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
Iam not sami fan but samsung makes some awesome software features
32. omarr (banned) (Posts: 149; Member since: 15 Sep 2012)
Did anyone notice the cloud icon in the status bar ? S Cloud ?