Samsung Galaxy S IV expected to rule the Android market in 2013, but competitors will put up a good fight
0. phoneArena 11 Mar 2013, 07:08 posted on
There are just a few days left until one of the biggest events in the mobile industry this year - the unveiling of the Samsung Galaxy S IV. As you can imagine, we're also pretty excited here and are impatiently discussing whatever GS IV-related stuff we can think of. Last week we decided to see what you guys think about the future of the Galaxy S IV - is it going to be bright and joyful or is it going to mark a decline under the pressure of its competitors who seem to be that much more prepared this year...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. spindoctor55 (Posts: 18; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Att has SGN2 refurbed on sale for 99 cents!!!
54. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
Can't help but laugh at this expected competitors putting up a fight stuff. Sounds pretty comical truly get serious Samsung sold 213 million smartphones in 2012 at 40% plus market share with the closest competitor Hauwei at 6% market share. In 2013 Samsung will sell 250 million smartphones with the Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3 who?? WILL truly challenge that......NOBODY.............
60. amiroo (Posts: 269; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
when one is here i quit s4..
one is perfect in all around..
s4 next plastic with only big commotion..
56. spindoctor55 (Posts: 18; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Why the 5 thumbs down...do you guys think I'm lying!!! My Note 2 is on the way!!!
2. supersammyfans (Posts: 25; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
Haha i just can’t wait till the SIV release, until sammy release it, they will blast all other rubbish crappy manufacturer into bankruptcy, go go sammy!!!!!
35. donfem (Posts: 522; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
From the attention you received... I guess your statement is the "wack" one.
66. supersammyfans (Posts: 25; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
If you think i am posting an wack statement, let don’t compare with Nokia, HTC, Moto, Sony, M$hit, iRotten n R.I.P, let take Scroogle Nexus, compare to it Samsung products totally out sale them, because there is nothing special about it compare to sammy, it show how a failure Scroogle is as a father of the Android..... And if my statement is wack, there won’t be so much people agree my statement.
9. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
And I just can't wait to see trolls like you banned. Congratulations, you guys take fanboyism to a whole new level.
21. ReaperChief (Posts: 31; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
No intention to feel Sammy fanboy with this, but Apple, Nokia, HTC and LG are all companies which fell due to the rise of Samsung as a mobile leader.
42. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2999; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Do you understand the word complacency?? Yes, that's right...
Samsung might rule right now, but it won't be for long.
46. chistoefurpuffer (Posts: 139; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
Okay, and that's Samsung's fault? Though I do like LG and Nokia, Samsung deserves to be where they are now.
67. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Opposite, Samsung rose as a leader due to the failures of Nokia and Apple along with the obsession that's android and providing some pretty decent hardware. You see during the S/S2 days, ss rose due to providing something that was the apple experience at a cheaper price than what apple offered.
31. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5203; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
did Samsung pay you for commenting fanboy comments?
47. urtard (banned) (Posts: 82; Member since: 30 Jan 2013)
did sony pay you to have the word "xperia" as a part of your username?
50. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5203; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
First, I love every smartphone manufacturers and yes, I'm using a Sony Xperia smartphone so that's why I'm using "xperia" as a part of my username.
And Second, have you read the No.2 comment from supersammyfans? My comment (No.31) is a response to supersammyfans because he/she is being an "overly" Samsung fanboy, that's why I'm commenting like that.
PS: I'm not a fanboy of anyone.
Have a good day sir.
53. JumpingRabbit (Posts: 4; Member since: 12 Feb 2013)
For me I think Samsung Galaxy SIV and Sony Xperia Z will be a clear winner of 2013.
Just wait and see till samsung reveal SIV this week.
3. nikenturd (unregistered)
Sadly, with Samsung's unrivaled advertisement smarts, all competitors will be left in the dust, remember, it's not what your phone offers, but it's how you market your product....the 2012 Olympics was a living testament to that, heck even my 8 year old sister wanted an S3 so badly. We will see plenty of Z10's and Xperia Z's collecting dusts once the S4 hit the stores
33. pyradark (Posts: 748; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Dont forget water resistant also, now matter how rage S4, can XZ can survive hahaha
32. networkdood (Posts: 6261; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
It does help that the is good, but I wish HTC, LG, Sony would do more to sell their product.
51. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5599; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Well, HTC and Sony could release their flagship phones on more carriers in the U.S. HTC One and the Sony Z not available on VZW cuts out 26% of U.S. cellphone subscribers from the get-go. Sammy sure won't make that dumbass mistake. They will probably make their 100 m global sales goal for the GS IV.
38. oister85 (Posts: 394; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
don't underestimate the power of fanatism on the Sony side. I heard they making good numbers an some European countries. It might not be good as Samsung s4 sales, but is going to be enough to survive and possible to strive as ones they were before.
63. rgxVOiD (Posts: 433; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
They sold out Xperia Z on day one in places like France, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Germany. Source DigiTimes
62. rgxVOiD (Posts: 433; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
"remember, it's not what your phone offers, but it's how you market your product"
So by your logic, the phone as be as s**t as s**t but if they market it well, you'll buy it? Ahh, the sound of a brainwashed/dead minded cunt who buys everything that's new and better than other people's phone to feel better about yourself
4. fouadqr (Posts: 287; Member since: 21 Nov 2012)
oh that's good .. but i'm getting the next lumia , i want something new !(and elegant :D )
i have s2 and 3 -__-
48. akki20892 (Posts: 3304; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Motorola X.........the google's and motorola's first unique one........!!! wait and watch
6. rusticguy (Posts: 2826; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Only way to compete is by offering a better Price to Features Ratio rather than basing your strategies on Apple model like Sony is trying to do. What's the fun of offering XZ for $850+ when after one month price comes crashing down to $750 and then 5 months later it is $550. Why not price it at 650 from word go ...
TX sells on ebay now for less than $500in India ... that's barely 5 months after it became available in market.
7. rav405 (Posts: 42; Member since: 14 Dec 2010)
i am waiting for nokia to launch the lumia with monstorous pureview camera sensor...........
11. darkkjedii (Posts: 10452; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
And you had to click on this article to post that?
12. ghostnexus (Posts: 96; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I think the SIV will destroy competion, I think the HTC One will do well but not as much as the SIV but that depends on the features samsung adds which based on the S3 and the Note it will not dissapoint. All the other manufaturers need to add more features to the software.
13. chunk1x (Posts: 248; Member since: 25 Jun 2011)
Galaxy S IV are for peasants. The cool kids go for Note III.
37. donfem (Posts: 522; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Whatever you think, the obvious statement is "Samsung innovates"
14. ddxmms (Posts: 141; Member since: 09 Feb 2012)
i didnt vote on this poll so i am going to vote now :
Not sure. Some of the other players have very competitive smartphones this time around.
and thats because the htc have made one beautiful handset, with premium build quality unlike to the upcoming Galaxy S IV that will be made by plastic as the rumors says, and anything on the software side can be Compensated by software updates !
15. Mr.Mr.Upgrade (Posts: 425; Member since: 30 Aug 2011)
Key word is innovation.. if Sammy can't do that ...s4 won't matter...
16. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5203; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Galaxy SIV, Xperia Z, HTC One, Ascend P2 etc.
Samsung, this is gonna be a tough year for you.
17. mercorp (Posts: 967; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
Well,I think people are getting tired of samsung's boringgg design language,So...
HTC 1 FTW! (for me)
18. dragonscourgex (Posts: 307; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
I think the other ones are going give them a run for their money. I find the Galaxy line has a few cool features, but none of them are make or break for me. Such as the rumor "smart scroll". Very cool feature I think...but...I have no problem moving my thumbs up across the screen. So, the feature is not that big of a deal to me, and thus not making me want to by the S4. Also, side note. Why do I get the feeling that Samsung is using the AOSP to gather all the tech they need, then going turn around and bake them into TIzen, and then drop Android like a bad habit. I'm not saying they are going to do that...just would not surprise me.
39. quakan (Posts: 1156; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
I was thinking too with the smart scroll feature how does it actually know that you want to scroll? There are plenty of times where I'll skim-read down to the bottom of a page and then actually read the article if it appears interesting or an ad banner pops up so I end up looking at the bottom of the page. Is that technology smart enough to actually know my intentions or will it auto scroll because I looked at the bottom of the screen?
19. georgeromo12 (Posts: 2; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
i did a comparison on Hammerit.in
on Xperia Z and Galaxy 4 and people like Xperia Z
22. TylerGrunter (Posts: 874; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
And how did you do the comparison when the Galaxy S4 has not yet being announced?
So you compared Xperia Z with "nothing" and won?
64. rgxVOiD (Posts: 433; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
That can be altered the other way round as well.
You people, every time when you see a new spec sheet of a leaked new phone. When it has a better spec, you people goes "Oh (for example) look, Xperia Z is now bad because it has 1mb of RAM less than this new phone that we've never seen touch or feel, but we know its going to be better"
68. TylerGrunter (Posts: 874; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
I wonder who is "you people" in your mind, cause I have never said such a thing and wonder why you have included me in the group.
I just think it's stupid to compare phones or SoCs that are not yet in the market, that's all.
So you may consider who you are including in your "you people" without knowing...
20. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6230; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
If sony wants too compete against the gsiv they have too release their phone now on every carrier if they want too suceed in the mobile industry &the market the crap out of their phones
24. GALAXY-STORM (Posts: 328; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
Sony got plenty of time, but its the HTC whose soul is probably relying on the succes of its precious htc one. But i read they are pushing it harder with everything they got this time around, so this is do or die situation as far htc is concerned.
28. GALAXY-STORM (Posts: 328; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
Here look at what i meant
40. Jyakotu (Posts: 818; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
Sony really only releases on AT&T and sometimes T-Mobile, but that's rare. Also, I don't think they make CDMA phones anymore, so Verizon and Sprint will always be left out.
41. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6230; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
They make a cdma play station phone for Verizon but who knows wat will happened
26. PhoneArena. (banned) (Posts: 28; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
Ile take all 3