Samsung Galaxy S IV: design mock-ups and concepts
0. phoneArena posted on 04 Mar 2013, 03:59
The Samsung Galaxy S IV is coming on March 14! That much is certain. But aren't you just dying to see how the next big thing out of Samsung's camp is going to look? Sadly, we can't really help you with that, but what we can do for you is to gather all the design mock-ups and concepts that we've seen during the recent months. This way, you'll be able to comfortably examine them and have some fun with the works of those tech-savvy indie designers. And who knows, some of these images may actually be a true leak representing the real GS IV itself! Once you're done, don't forget to vote in the poll below to let us know which one you like the most...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. BattleBrat posted on 04 Mar 2013, 04:02 16
I cannot get over how sexy #1 is, it would match the HTC One in "premium feel" and silence all the whiners.
29. Sangeet posted on 04 Mar 2013, 05:41 10
I too voted 1, but i also liked the 10th one.
I wonder why don't Samsung hire those guys, aren't they just amazing designers, but no they would probably stick to thier plastic. So Sad :(
Let's just hope that plastic gets out.
45. deathgod posted on 04 Mar 2013, 09:16 9
What's wrong with plastic and how many people don't keep their phones in a case anyway? Plastic keeps the price/weight down, and any aestethic issues can just solved with an awesome looking case.
#1 is so sexy, I just hope they get rid of that aweful home button and either have capacitive or onscreen buttons.
31. andro. posted on 04 Mar 2013, 05:49 7
I think there is a good chance Samsung will put dual front speakers on the s4,they did it on the note 10.1 and the effectiveness was great
44. PhenomFaz posted on 04 Mar 2013, 08:13 2
Concept numbers 1,4,5,8 and 9 are all really good but the real S4 aint gonna be anything like those
59. jcarrigan (unregistered) posted on 04 Mar 2013, 17:16 1
yeah the problem is that they will basically make it look the same as the gs3. i honestly dont know why companies dont use awesome designs like these.
58. jcarrigan (unregistered) posted on 04 Mar 2013, 17:14 0
i vote slide #1,5,7,8,9
61. haroonazeem638 posted on 04 Mar 2013, 19:09 1
You missed 3. I thought you were going for all odd numbers :P
67. jcarrigan (unregistered) posted on 05 Mar 2013, 17:45 0
2. _Bone_ posted on 04 Mar 2013, 04:03 1
The first one is pretty awesome, while the 2nd is all but confirmed to be the real one. It's actually not bad as reports indicate it will be around the S3's size but packing a larger screen, plus no aluminum body will allow you to charge wirelessly, but they shouldn't charge for the technology.
5. BattleBrat posted on 04 Mar 2013, 04:06 0
Yeah 2, or 3, all we saw in the leaked shots were silhouettes LOL
8. _Bone_ posted on 04 Mar 2013, 04:15 2
Yeah, the 3 was the on-screen button concept, thx God they went with the physical one.
3. Berzerk000 posted on 04 Mar 2013, 04:04 9
#1 definitely. Metal accents + front speakers + matte polycarbonate = win.
4. clark posted on 04 Mar 2013, 04:05 7
Whatever looks and design Galaxy S4 might have I'd still go for it and that's for sure.
12. dwgit posted on 04 Mar 2013, 04:19 7
So if it looked like a 5 inch dildo with a middle ordinary Samsung physical home button you'll go for it? :)
46. andro. posted on 04 Mar 2013, 09:17 0
Ifan ladies have had to put up with 3.5 and 4 inch versions of apple d*ildos,inadequate ;-)
19. maccess posted on 04 Mar 2013, 04:40 12
nokia is sooo predictable too with its lumia design and windows phone 8 inside that doesn't need high end chip.. so what's your point??
27. nlbates66 posted on 04 Mar 2013, 05:06 8
dont' pay too much attention to him, he was spouting uninformed nonsense in another articles comments :P
42. N-fanboy posted on 04 Mar 2013, 07:41 2
1st of all the os thing is not nokia's fault. And Ya Nokia is sometimes pridictable but i'll bet you can never guess its next flagship (i'm sure it'll be the best looking device out there) ... And samsung's phones seriosly resemble each other... And if u deny that; dude, get ur eyes checked!
51. maccess posted on 04 Mar 2013, 13:50 1
so do you mean the s4 will looks like the s3?? you sure you have seen the future??
56. urtard (banned) posted on 04 Mar 2013, 15:56 1
this is hilarious coming from a nokia fanboy
lumia 920, 900, 800 and n9 all have the exact same design, just different size LOL
54. hiBreed posted on 04 Mar 2013, 15:14 0
Oh i get the point, even though they are predictable, we all know that nokia is awesome(even you). Now thats the point
65. khanmhsn posted on 05 Mar 2013, 01:48 0
looks like you are new to forums.thats not the point......the point is nokia suckssssssss....
7. SEFsung posted on 04 Mar 2013, 04:11 1
I hope they could let you choose and make your own design of a phone according to your preference. That would be awesome! =))))
75. OptimusOne posted on 10 Mar 2013, 13:21 0
isn't that what android does. you can choose through hundreds of phones that run android and buy the one with your most faviorite design?
9. dwgit posted on 04 Mar 2013, 04:16 1
We all know it will look very similar to s3 its Samsung crying out loud the note looks exactly like s2 note 2 looks like s3 and to be more realistic s4 will look number two.
10. bobfreking55 posted on 04 Mar 2013, 04:18 0
Instead of my very own early concept, #4, you should have posted my latest one, the one on YouTube with 600+K views.http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t
18. GALAXY-STORM posted on 04 Mar 2013, 04:38 0
Two steps from hell- strength of 1000 men song pretty much summed it up.
40. bobfreking55 posted on 04 Mar 2013, 07:32 0
haha yes. but still. i think i did a better job in the design there than the one in #4.
41. bobfreking55 posted on 04 Mar 2013, 07:33 0
very few people named freking in the world... :)
16. GALAXY-STORM posted on 04 Mar 2013, 04:35 5
Definitely the first one. Put that guy in the samsung designing team.
17. _Bone_ posted on 04 Mar 2013, 04:38 2
According to German carrier reports this is the final design:
26. amansingal14 posted on 04 Mar 2013, 05:01 0
it is supposedly somewhat like #2
That said, I wish it was more like #5 built with gorilla glass 3 all over
64. vincelongman posted on 05 Mar 2013, 01:29 0
I bet Apple would still try sue them for copying "their design"
20. half_21 posted on 04 Mar 2013, 04:42 0
none of them is good looking....samsung better make it much cooler than the htc one if they want to be number 1....
22. _Bone_ posted on 04 Mar 2013, 04:52 2
It can look ugly and still wipe the floor with the One, sad as it is.
48. Taters posted on 04 Mar 2013, 11:18 1
Not sad at all. HTC deserves to fail, they never learn.
23. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 04 Mar 2013, 04:56 2
If only the first one were true and it had a Sony logo on it.....I'd get it for sure! Lol. Naaa But all jokes aside the first one is the best one to me at least
28. shuaibhere posted on 04 Mar 2013, 05:08 0
#1 or #5 for me...
#5 looks like rumoured xperia duo(that turned out to be xperia s instead)
30. tiara6918 posted on 04 Mar 2013, 05:47 0
#3,it looks like a combination of galaxy r(Korean version)and note2 but this time on screen buttons
33. IrmaHartman posted on 04 Mar 2013, 06:17 1
I think there comes a totally new design. For example, the Galaxy 3s was also completely different with respect to the Galaxy S2. We will see :)
35. ankitp posted on 04 Mar 2013, 06:35 0
as always samdong again gonna disappoint with its design and it's cheapy plasticky feeling
36. dragonscourgex posted on 04 Mar 2013, 06:50 1
I don't know what it is about #1, but it caught my eyes right away.
37. rizevnarastek posted on 04 Mar 2013, 07:03 0
They copy everything from Apple and HTC so perhaps we'll see an aluminium body with dual front speakers LOL. Probably not though.
49. Taters posted on 04 Mar 2013, 11:20 1
I wouldn't accuse anyone of copying except for HTC. They are even paying Apple to copy.
57. Muayyad posted on 04 Mar 2013, 16:13 0
you say what? I told everyone on htc one release wait and see who copies, in less than a month.
43. Andrewtst posted on 04 Mar 2013, 07:52 1
If like first one, I will be damn happy on it elegance premium look.
If like the second one, I will 100% skip it.