Samsung Galaxy S IV codenamed Altius J, to start shipping in April with 2600mAh battery
1. donzere (Posts: 12; Member since: 10 Jun 2010)
What am i gonna do with all that mega pixels on my camera phone? Sammy should try and come up with a new idea cause phone camera is getting old
4. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"What am i gonna do with all that mega pixels on my camera phone?"
But maybe other will find what to do, don't you think so?
I remember when people like you was sitting with 5MP and crying the same song called "What I Will Do With 8MP, It Is Only Phone..." and today the same people are happy that they have 8MP...
More MP is more advantage than disadvantage, so I don't see a reason for a cry.
24. bvalde09 (Posts: 181; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
I agree I mean I dont use the camera much on my phone. Rarely I take a pic but its good to know that every now and then I will have that option available if you dont want to used it thats fine. Stay on the featured phone era and stop crying silly stuff
36. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 438; Member since: 26 May 2011)
This applies to all manufacturers, but what good is a 13MP vs and 8MP camera if the average person can't see any difference between a picture taken of the same thing. The detail is just to fine for us to visually notice.
39. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"...but what good is a 13MP vs and 8MP camera if the average person can't see any difference between a picture taken of the same thing."
I think that even average person can notice difference of picture resolution.
38. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 438; Member since: 26 May 2011)
I'd really like to be able to zoom in without loosing quality in the picture, which is why manufacturers should focus on optical zoom and not so much on megapixels.
Until manufacturers start upgrading the optical zoom capabilities, all they are doing is making marginal improvements.
40. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I agree that digital zoom is not the same as optical zoom, but I was talking exclusive about megapixels and not about any other specifitations. 8MP vs 13MP - I choose 13MP. :)
13. mick25 (banned) (Posts: 110; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
time to get off the internet, son.
28. troutsy (Posts: 310; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
Perhaps you shouldn't have clicked on the article, read it, and then posted a comment.
Flagship devices get marginal improvements over their predecessors. It happens.
35. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 438; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Agreed!!! That's why I'm waiting for the Note V before I upgrade from the Note II.
49. a_tumiwa (Posts: 373; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
13 mp doesnt means u are forced to use 13mp, u can select to lower resolution if you want, its why 13mp is a plus.
sorry for my bad english :)
2. timtimity (Posts: 196; Member since: 13 Aug 2012)
If this is true, by the end of April I'll either own an S IV or an Xperia Z. Happy days.
5. McJobs (Posts: 107; Member since: 08 Jul 2012)
Xperia Z - design, materials, build quality, waterproof functionality...
S IV - performance, display, removable battery, support...
12. abdane (Posts: 494; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
who knows ? maybe sammy will surprise us with a cool design and good materials and build quality ? ^_^
14. mick25 (banned) (Posts: 110; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
the two hasn't even been released yet
17. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
At least Sony Xperia Z and ZL was officially presented while Samsung Galaxy S IV specifications still only a rumor.
34. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 438; Member since: 26 May 2011)
It's never stopped people before from imagining and gossiping.
31. Pedro0x (Posts: 271; Member since: 19 Oct 2012)
How can you know that GS4 will have worse materials or build quality? About the waterproofness : you know that you can send your phone to a company ( I don´t recall its name now) and they will make it as waterproof as xperia z and only for 60 bucks and I believe that this has been on xperia z to make it waterproof.
42. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
I would take the Sony, hated my s3 so I sold it.
44. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Of course, I also would took Sony Xperia Z over Samsung Galaxy S III :)
19. sid07desai (Posts: 290; Member since: 03 May 2012)
Or just buy Xperia Z in Feb (when it launches) and wait till S4. If the reviews are good enough. Switch to S4. Or keep rocking the awesome XPZ. That's what I'm gonna do.
3. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Now that would be slightly disappointing. The most impressive thing about the Note 2 is battery life and at 5" @ fullHD & 4 A15-cores, to be able to deliver similar results, the S4 needs to have a minimum of 3000mAh. A small sacrifice in thickness for more usage, I thought Samsung got that last year. With that said, AMOLED display and octa-core could still make it the longest lasting 1080p phone.
9. jove39 (Posts: 1819; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
3000mAh battery sounds good..but may be sammy is too much concerned keep phone slim.
15. mick25 (banned) (Posts: 110; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
1. it is still a rumor
2. s4 is rumored to use the new exynos octa which is claimed to be much more power efficient
18. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
My concern about the Octa is the 2nd 4 cores only saving juice in the departments responsible for minimal drainage anyway. Screen takes the most followed by LTE/GPS/Wifi radios and then processes that need all the A15 power to perform fast, and A9 can't help any of these situations.
So there's a very good chance that doing your regular stuff of talking, syncing, browsing, gaming and multimedia will leave you about where you would be with regular 4-cores. What guarantees more usage time is a larger battery, so why not throw 3000mAh under the superAMOLED screen and the octa-core?
21. jove39 (Posts: 1819; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Well...4 A7 cores should be sufficient to handle routine tasks as said...but to keep on churning 60fps for 1080p display...a very powerful GPU (Mali-678 or SGX554) and significant memory bandwidth is required...hope sammy decide to go with 4channel with ddr3 dimm @ 800mhz for total of 3200mhz...that will be really awesome :)
43. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
It's 2 processors its technically not an octa core its a multiple chip processors, completely different thing than an octacore. that would be like intel getting an i5 and then putting an i3 in the same bin as the i5 to save power when it doesn't need heavy lifting.
29. jinwons (Posts: 95; Member since: 24 Nov 2010)
You got it wrong for note 2. It has normal 720p HD, not full 1080p HD. it has quad core A9, not A15. So GS4 bumps both up significantly.
46. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
The difference between a 1080p and 720p 5" screen is not noticeable unlesss you use your phone about a centimeter from your eye.
6. speckledapple (Posts: 892; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
I am more than happy with my note 2 until the note 4 comes out.
25. phonemirer (Posts: 111; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
what if note 4 was over 6.5" ?? what if note 20 was as big as a swimming pool and it teleported you through pararell universes ??
7. XaErO (Posts: 304; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
Sounds Cool !! .. and I am really looking forward to S4 and Xperia Z this year (till date) !!
But If all this is coming true;
then I must say, we all need a significant improvements in the Battery department as well.
There is a tremendous rise in the Processing Power, Screen Size, Screen Resolution and GPU area since last 02 to 2.5 years. But compared to this, there is very little rise in battery department. (except some Motorola devices)
I'm really expecting some revolution in battery department till end of this year ..
Something like this will surely help us all -
1. Can pack more juice within the same size of battery
2. Battery shape can take any form; so that a larger size battery can be packed within slim mobile profile.
3. At least, an innovation that can charge the battery fully in 20-30 mins.
Well, let's just hope BEST for the future.
10. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Battery capacity is growing too:
Samsung Galaxy S: 1500 mAh
Samsung Galaxy S II: 1650 mAh
Samsung Galaxy S III: 2100 mAh
HTC Desire HD: 1230 mAh
HTC One X: 1800 mAh
HTC One X+: 2100 mAh
Rumors says that oil company's has bought up all the patents for better batteries and keep them in the drawers for a future business plans.
11. aokde (Posts: 186; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
crossing my fingers for better battery performance!
anyway, sony introduced Stamina mode on the XPERIA Z which gives you 400% more standby time (up to 10 days!) which looks good imo...http://youtu.be/Xa86s-tGHO4
and about that 30 minutes charge, well the xperia s comes with a "fast charger" that charges your phone from 0%-80% in 30 minutes...
H2 flagship from sony HAS TO HAVE +3000 mAh battery!
year 2013 looks promising.
23. XaErO (Posts: 304; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
I agree with you friend !! .. I'm also hoping even more promising future !!
45. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Silicon batteries need to start being used, they hold 10x more juice than the graphite in current phone batteries.
22. wando77 (Posts: 808; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
If this is true then it has a bigger battery then the note 1 but with a smaller screen that is 25% more efficient. It also has a more efficient processor. In what world is this a bad thing?
26. JunitoNH (Posts: 1614; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
They should had used the code name, Polymer.
27. JunitoNH (Posts: 1614; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Yeah...and soon the Mayas are going to predict the end of the World, don't hold your breath.
30. jinwons (Posts: 95; Member since: 24 Nov 2010)
This is awesome to hear! But that timeframe seems very early. I was expecting May announcement, June launch to give GS3 a full year.
32. shamataa (Posts: 212; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
I don't think the 2600mAh battery will last the whole day. If it was at least 2800 than maybe but if it was 720 than it would be okay.
37. JWS65 (Posts: 32; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
2600mAh should be more than enough for whole day if Exynos 5 and new FHD screen are more efficient as they tout.
41. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Days get shorter in the winter!
Just joking. :D
47. ajac09 (Posts: 1481; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Id love for cell phone makers to put better quality cameras in phone. Id be happy with an amazing 8mp camera with optical zoom and a wide angel lense.
48. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
Happy for the Galaxy S4 no question. Samsung will have a very special device. March 22nd 2013 unpacked event sounds great. Can't wait to see Samsung pimp slap everyone as usual in 2013.