Samsung Galaxy S IV Antutu benchmark results leaked, confirm many specifications
0. phoneArena posted on 03 Mar 2013, 15:17
Today a few images of Antutu benchmark test results have appeared and now we can convey some more info...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
41. sithvenger (banned) posted on 03 Mar 2013, 16:47 2 6
Nope I wanna whine like brat and bone
44. _Bone_ posted on 03 Mar 2013, 16:53 2 4
You're the only sissy in the room.
50. sithvenger (banned) posted on 03 Mar 2013, 17:04 2 4
Now now now chicken bone. Be nice, no name calling LMAOOOOO.
62. PhoneArenaUser posted on 03 Mar 2013, 17:55 1 4
So while "darkkjedii" account is limited by PhoneArena.com, you use "sithvenger" account to keep trolling around...
Let's hope not for long. ;)
63. sithvenger (banned) posted on 03 Mar 2013, 18:00 1 6
Mr. Snitch, glad you could make it lol. Are you gonna tattle?
66. Droiddoes posted on 03 Mar 2013, 18:05 4 2
Will someone please get baby his bottle and turn on Peter Pan? He's getting fussy and it's past his nap time. Poor lil guy tuckered himself out trolling and failing at life.
71. sithvenger (banned) posted on 03 Mar 2013, 18:34 0 5
Awwwww another troll, this is just too much.
72. sithvenger (banned) posted on 03 Mar 2013, 18:35 0 6
By the way, that was a weak comment too.
138. Droiddoes posted on 04 Mar 2013, 13:51 0 0
You would know, you f*cking loser. It is beyond pathetic that you actually get joy from being hated. I actually pity you.
59. sithvenger (banned) posted on 03 Mar 2013, 17:30 0 7
22. jroc74 posted on 03 Mar 2013, 15:54 1 2
The overseas GS4 could have the Exynos...but the US version could still have the Snapdragon.
25. emadshiny posted on 03 Mar 2013, 16:09 1 0
what about the type of screen?
is that AMOLED or LCD?
32. hiBreed posted on 03 Mar 2013, 16:14 6 2
That shouldn't even be a question, every1 knows that sAMOLED is a differentiating factor of sammy's flagships(see what i did there)
35. emadshiny posted on 03 Mar 2013, 16:17 0 0
but in previous reports, i have heard of some kind of LCD called Solux.
26. zig8100 posted on 03 Mar 2013, 16:09 0 0
I wonder what cluster of cores Antutu used. Could of been the A-7's or A-15's.
28. hiBreed posted on 03 Mar 2013, 16:11 3 11
What good are benchmarks if it wont be smoother than lumia, ok gimme excellent build quality, above par camera these specs and 4.7'' screen, i've got no ish with android but unless u got those, wake me up when nokia says EOS
39. nikenturd (unregistered) posted on 03 Mar 2013, 16:26 8 1
Nobody wants a Lumia fanboy
29. Diego! posted on 03 Mar 2013, 16:12 1 0
Now we have to wait for a last time leak of information or maybe its design. That is the best kept secret so far.
34. akki20892 posted on 03 Mar 2013, 16:15 0 1
battey size please......it will battery sucker bcoz processor is powerful there.....!!! Battery down....!!!
43. _Bone_ posted on 03 Mar 2013, 16:50 1 2
36. nikenturd (unregistered) posted on 03 Mar 2013, 16:24 4 2
WHOA....its gpu is no longer a Mali but a PoweVr Sgx...dang, this looks delicious,.....this should eclipse the HTC One by a comfortable margin
37. Johnabis posted on 03 Mar 2013, 16:24 0 1
what did the Optimus g pro score in AnTuTu? I'm deciding between the s4, optimus g pro and the motorola X phone..
70. nikenturd (unregistered) posted on 03 Mar 2013, 18:32 1 0
The G Pro is actually horrible in Antutu....it only managed like 13,700 (or near that range)....theres a Youtube video on this, the actual testing and stuff
121. saffant posted on 04 Mar 2013, 04:00 1 0
You'd be a MORON to buy something that's a clone of a competitor's product; it directly contradicts innovation and progression.
40. darac posted on 03 Mar 2013, 16:43 2 4
Disappointed in the GPU.
Adreno 330 and Tegra ULP GeForce 3 will trash it.
47. PapaSmurf posted on 03 Mar 2013, 16:59 3 0
You're calling the PowerVR SGX 544MP bad? Have you not seen the raw power that GPU pushes in the iPad?
54. darac posted on 03 Mar 2013, 17:22 0 1
It's not bad, but the above mentioned will trash it.
Besides, IPad 4 has 554MP4, which is faster than this.
Since it reaches around 72-76GFLOPS, that means this 544MP3 should not even reach 70. Actually it is somewhere along Mali 605' numbers (60GFLOPS)
Compare that to Mali 658 that has a theoretical peak of over 200GFLOPS, or the new Rogue series 6, that will start above 100GFLOPS with its initial configuration (iPhone 6)
75. MrJerry posted on 03 Mar 2013, 19:12 5 0
I just wanna tell you they are not in the same league
115. PapaSmurf posted on 04 Mar 2013, 02:42 0 1
118. TylerGrunter posted on 04 Mar 2013, 03:34 1 1
Not even that, the theoretical numbers are:
PowerVR SGX 544MP3 = 51.1 Gflops, a bit under Mali T604.
Tegra4 is over the iPad 4 by a hair: 76 Gflops, and Adreno 330 should be around those numbers but it's still unknwon.
So I understand your worries.
On the other hand you are overstimating Rogue, the initial configuration (G6100) goes as low as 50 Gflops @500 MHz, so it's around the same numbers but includes OpenGL 3.0, no only 2.1. That's actually the main advantage of Rogue, better APIs support.
127. darac posted on 04 Mar 2013, 06:57 0 1
Yeah, you're nailed it.
Thanks for the info.
Actually the numbers for Mali 604 go up to 72GFLOPS.. according to Wikipedia at least
131. TylerGrunter posted on 04 Mar 2013, 08:21 0 0
And the comment "citation needed" there is mine... As I had a pretty stupid fight deleting that info while someone else keeps updating it. ;-)
The discussion is silly because it depends on the clock, and they are using the numbers of the Arndale board... Which uses quite an overclocked one compared to the Nexus 10. I bet the Nexus has at least a 20% less clock speed and does not go over 60 Gflops.
129. Berzerk000 posted on 04 Mar 2013, 08:16 1 1
I have no worries about the SGX544MP3 in a phone with a 1080p display, but when it moves to a tablet with a 2560x1600 or higher display, like the next Note 10.1 or next Nexus 10, I don't think it'll be able to keep up.
Wasn't the Mali-T604 placed as the only GPU on the market (at the time) that could run such a high resolution display smoothly? If Samsung puts anything less than that in their next line up of tablets, how will performance be?
132. TylerGrunter posted on 04 Mar 2013, 08:33 0 0
I would not worry about that, the SGX544MP3 @533 MHz should get similar performance as the Mali T604.
The issue that darac and myself are commenting about is that the competitors, both NVIDIA and Qualcomm will be using better ones, so the Exyons Octa will end being the dark horse in GPU...
Using the 658 as darac suggested would be an overkill, but they should have used the Mali T624 at least. Then they would be at the level of the Tegra4 and the Adreno 330.
But as I always say: let's wait for the benchmarks before bashing anything.
46. rickywinataa posted on 03 Mar 2013, 16:58 0 0
Well rather then knowing the CPU, I'm more eager to know what GPU will the s4 has because again like gaming pc, even some cheaper cpu combined with powerful gpu will make games pretty playable
49. nikenturd (unregistered) posted on 03 Mar 2013, 17:02 0 0
PowerVr SGX...the one that powers Apple devices.
90. _PHug_ posted on 03 Mar 2013, 21:22 2 0
You probably should wait till after the Galaxy S4 is released.
By then HTC will realize that they have the inferior product and will slash the price to catch the uninformed customers.
51. joshOps85 posted on 03 Mar 2013, 17:04 0 2
Hardware boring, maybe software features will set it apart?
53. PapaSmurf posted on 03 Mar 2013, 17:19 5 1
PowerVR SGX 544MP is boring? 1.8GHz Octo core is boring? For a phone, that out performs my Dell laptop from 2008.
58. darac posted on 03 Mar 2013, 17:29 0 1
Dell laptop from 2008?
That must've been the fastest laptop in the world back then.
Wake up, here are some raw power figures for this year's top mobile chips:
4000-5000 on geekbench, and ~70-100 GFLOPS GPU
I would be surprised if your laptop is anywhere near those figures
106. wando77 posted on 04 Mar 2013, 00:27 2 0
When did he say his laptop was powerful? I read him as saying it OUT PERFORMS his laptop with no mention of his laptops power.
116. PapaSmurf posted on 04 Mar 2013, 02:45 1 0
I think you need to re-read my post again. Nowhere did I say it was the fastest laptop at the time.
What happens when you assume? You make an ass out of you and me.
57. ThePhenomenalOne posted on 03 Mar 2013, 17:26 0 0
SIV will be a huge hit if it has a better design and build quality and use an AMOLED display. And, of course we hace the Exynos 5 Octa processor under the hood.
61. imkyle posted on 03 Mar 2013, 17:35 1 0
The design better be good to meet the high expectation everyone has for this.
73. datsyuk posted on 03 Mar 2013, 19:03 1 0
Thrilled that it looks like Samsung is going with the Exynos! Hoping the battery life is going to be awesome as well and you got yourself an amazing phone.
76. ajac09 posted on 03 Mar 2013, 19:27 0 0
Ug just annouce it so I can finally stop reading how one week its using the qualcom the next octo the next both the neither nether and now back to octo
77. cheetah2k posted on 03 Mar 2013, 19:31 1 1
With a 1080 screen thats a decisive obliteration of the competion!
80. cR203 posted on 03 Mar 2013, 20:19 0 1
These specs aren't bad. I just hope that they don't drop super amoled HD for a LCD display. That would be a deal breaker for me.
84. sthashilan07 posted on 03 Mar 2013, 20:26 1 0
no leaks of any picture of s IV -_-.. samsung has really kept it a secret this time o.O
86. clark posted on 03 Mar 2013, 20:40 1 1
c'mon haters accept the fact that once Galaxy S4 landed in our shores all your phones are crap and useless especially nokia fanboys out there and other phone companies (htc etc) haters will always hate. Just keep on dreaming haters you'll never beat Galaxy S4. Samsung still the most preferred phone brand worldwide period.
93. HDShatter posted on 03 Mar 2013, 21:32 0 0
The best? It won't be out in the US till atleast May and in may the Nexus 5 and Motorlola X phone will be out packing much more powerful hardware. Also don't forget Intel is going to release some quad core baytrail phones soon that will wipe the floor with arm for good.
89. spideyhead256 posted on 03 Mar 2013, 21:16 0 1
eh..wish it had the snapdragon.AOSP rom support would've been awesome.now i gotta get the htc one.