Samsung Galaxy S IV Antutu benchmark results leaked, confirm many specifications
0. phoneArena 03 Mar 2013, 15:17 posted on
Today a few images of Antutu benchmark test results have appeared and now we can convey some more info...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
41. sithvenger (banned) (Posts: 371; Member since: 25 Aug 2012)
Nope I wanna whine like brat and bone
50. sithvenger (banned) (Posts: 371; Member since: 25 Aug 2012)
Now now now chicken bone. Be nice, no name calling LMAOOOOO.
62. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5464; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
So while "darkkjedii" account is limited by PhoneArena.com, you use "sithvenger" account to keep trolling around...
Let's hope not for long. ;)
63. sithvenger (banned) (Posts: 371; Member since: 25 Aug 2012)
Mr. Snitch, glad you could make it lol. Are you gonna tattle?
66. Droiddoes (unregistered)
Will someone please get baby his bottle and turn on Peter Pan? He's getting fussy and it's past his nap time. Poor lil guy tuckered himself out trolling and failing at life.
71. sithvenger (banned) (Posts: 371; Member since: 25 Aug 2012)
Awwwww another troll, this is just too much.
72. sithvenger (banned) (Posts: 371; Member since: 25 Aug 2012)
By the way, that was a weak comment too.
138. Droiddoes (unregistered)
You would know, you f*cking loser. It is beyond pathetic that you actually get joy from being hated. I actually pity you.
22. jroc74 (Posts: 4720; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
The overseas GS4 could have the Exynos...but the US version could still have the Snapdragon.
25. emadshiny (Posts: 1127; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
what about the type of screen?
is that AMOLED or LCD?
32. hiBreed (Posts: 90; Member since: 29 May 2012)
That shouldn't even be a question, every1 knows that sAMOLED is a differentiating factor of sammy's flagships(see what i did there)
35. emadshiny (Posts: 1127; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
but in previous reports, i have heard of some kind of LCD called Solux.
26. zig8100 (Posts: 115; Member since: 13 Dec 2012)
I wonder what cluster of cores Antutu used. Could of been the A-7's or A-15's.
28. hiBreed (Posts: 90; Member since: 29 May 2012)
What good are benchmarks if it wont be smoother than lumia, ok gimme excellent build quality, above par camera these specs and 4.7'' screen, i've got no ish with android but unless u got those, wake me up when nokia says EOS
39. nikenturd (unregistered)
Nobody wants a Lumia fanboy
29. Diego! (Posts: 500; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
Now we have to wait for a last time leak of information or maybe its design. That is the best kept secret so far.
34. akki20892 (Posts: 3270; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
battey size please......it will battery sucker bcoz processor is powerful there.....!!! Battery down....!!!
43. _Bone_ (Posts: 2104; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
36. nikenturd (unregistered)
WHOA....its gpu is no longer a Mali but a PoweVr Sgx...dang, this looks delicious,.....this should eclipse the HTC One by a comfortable margin
37. Johnabis (Posts: 54; Member since: 17 Feb 2011)
what did the Optimus g pro score in AnTuTu? I'm deciding between the s4, optimus g pro and the motorola X phone..
70. nikenturd (unregistered)
The G Pro is actually horrible in Antutu....it only managed like 13,700 (or near that range)....theres a Youtube video on this, the actual testing and stuff
121. saffant (Posts: 210; Member since: 04 Jul 2011)
You'd be a MORON to buy something that's a clone of a competitor's product; it directly contradicts innovation and progression.
40. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Disappointed in the GPU.
Adreno 330 and Tegra ULP GeForce 3 will trash it.
47. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7429; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You're calling the PowerVR SGX 544MP bad? Have you not seen the raw power that GPU pushes in the iPad?
54. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
It's not bad, but the above mentioned will trash it.
Besides, IPad 4 has 554MP4, which is faster than this.
Since it reaches around 72-76GFLOPS, that means this 544MP3 should not even reach 70. Actually it is somewhere along Mali 605' numbers (60GFLOPS)
Compare that to Mali 658 that has a theoretical peak of over 200GFLOPS, or the new Rogue series 6, that will start above 100GFLOPS with its initial configuration (iPhone 6)
75. MrJerry (Posts: 385; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
I just wanna tell you they are not in the same league
118. TylerGrunter (Posts: 866; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
Not even that, the theoretical numbers are:
PowerVR SGX 544MP3 = 51.1 Gflops, a bit under Mali T604.
Tegra4 is over the iPad 4 by a hair: 76 Gflops, and Adreno 330 should be around those numbers but it's still unknwon.
So I understand your worries.
On the other hand you are overstimating Rogue, the initial configuration (G6100) goes as low as 50 Gflops @500 MHz, so it's around the same numbers but includes OpenGL 3.0, no only 2.1. That's actually the main advantage of Rogue, better APIs support.
127. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Yeah, you're nailed it.
Thanks for the info.
Actually the numbers for Mali 604 go up to 72GFLOPS.. according to Wikipedia at least
131. TylerGrunter (Posts: 866; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
And the comment "citation needed" there is mine... As I had a pretty stupid fight deleting that info while someone else keeps updating it. ;-)
The discussion is silly because it depends on the clock, and they are using the numbers of the Arndale board... Which uses quite an overclocked one compared to the Nexus 10. I bet the Nexus has at least a 20% less clock speed and does not go over 60 Gflops.
129. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3882; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I have no worries about the SGX544MP3 in a phone with a 1080p display, but when it moves to a tablet with a 2560x1600 or higher display, like the next Note 10.1 or next Nexus 10, I don't think it'll be able to keep up.
Wasn't the Mali-T604 placed as the only GPU on the market (at the time) that could run such a high resolution display smoothly? If Samsung puts anything less than that in their next line up of tablets, how will performance be?
132. TylerGrunter (Posts: 866; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
I would not worry about that, the SGX544MP3 @533 MHz should get similar performance as the Mali T604.
The issue that darac and myself are commenting about is that the competitors, both NVIDIA and Qualcomm will be using better ones, so the Exyons Octa will end being the dark horse in GPU...
Using the 658 as darac suggested would be an overkill, but they should have used the Mali T624 at least. Then they would be at the level of the Tegra4 and the Adreno 330.
But as I always say: let's wait for the benchmarks before bashing anything.
46. rickywinataa (Posts: 262; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
Well rather then knowing the CPU, I'm more eager to know what GPU will the s4 has because again like gaming pc, even some cheaper cpu combined with powerful gpu will make games pretty playable
49. nikenturd (unregistered)
PowerVr SGX...the one that powers Apple devices.
90. _PHug_ (Posts: 380; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
You probably should wait till after the Galaxy S4 is released.
By then HTC will realize that they have the inferior product and will slash the price to catch the uninformed customers.
51. joshOps85 (Posts: 31; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
Hardware boring, maybe software features will set it apart?
53. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7429; Member since: 14 May 2012)
PowerVR SGX 544MP is boring? 1.8GHz Octo core is boring? For a phone, that out performs my Dell laptop from 2008.
58. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Dell laptop from 2008?
That must've been the fastest laptop in the world back then.
Wake up, here are some raw power figures for this year's top mobile chips:
4000-5000 on geekbench, and ~70-100 GFLOPS GPU
I would be surprised if your laptop is anywhere near those figures
106. wando77 (Posts: 265; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
When did he say his laptop was powerful? I read him as saying it OUT PERFORMS his laptop with no mention of his laptops power.
116. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7429; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I think you need to re-read my post again. Nowhere did I say it was the fastest laptop at the time.
What happens when you assume? You make an ass out of you and me.
57. ThePhenomenalOne (Posts: 4; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
SIV will be a huge hit if it has a better design and build quality and use an AMOLED display. And, of course we hace the Exynos 5 Octa processor under the hood.
61. imkyle (Posts: 970; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
The design better be good to meet the high expectation everyone has for this.
73. datsyuk (Posts: 153; Member since: 11 Jan 2012)
Thrilled that it looks like Samsung is going with the Exynos! Hoping the battery life is going to be awesome as well and you got yourself an amazing phone.
76. ajac09 (Posts: 1346; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Ug just annouce it so I can finally stop reading how one week its using the qualcom the next octo the next both the neither nether and now back to octo
77. cheetah2k (Posts: 768; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
With a 1080 screen thats a decisive obliteration of the competion!
80. cR203 (Posts: 183; Member since: 27 Jan 2013)
These specs aren't bad. I just hope that they don't drop super amoled HD for a LCD display. That would be a deal breaker for me.
84. sthashilan07 (Posts: 11; Member since: 21 Nov 2012)
no leaks of any picture of s IV -_-.. samsung has really kept it a secret this time o.O
86. clark (Posts: 51; Member since: 23 Feb 2013)
c'mon haters accept the fact that once Galaxy S4 landed in our shores all your phones are crap and useless especially nokia fanboys out there and other phone companies (htc etc) haters will always hate. Just keep on dreaming haters you'll never beat Galaxy S4. Samsung still the most preferred phone brand worldwide period.
93. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
The best? It won't be out in the US till atleast May and in may the Nexus 5 and Motorlola X phone will be out packing much more powerful hardware. Also don't forget Intel is going to release some quad core baytrail phones soon that will wipe the floor with arm for good.
89. spideyhead256 (Posts: 148; Member since: 05 Nov 2012)
eh..wish it had the snapdragon.AOSP rom support would've been awesome.now i gotta get the htc one.