Samsung Galaxy S III vs HTC One X vs Galaxy Nexus vs iPhone 4S: spec comparison
0. phoneArena 03 May 2012, 16:07 posted on
The Samsung Galaxy S III is not only the beautiful handset with design inspired from nature and targetting - for a change - humans, but also a muscular silicon beast on the inside…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
70. andro. (Posts: 1986; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Spec wise galaxy s3,looks wise one x. Its a hard call!
2. JunaidZaka (Posts: 28; Member since: 24 Mar 2012)
Why all the hate for S3?
i mean its already superior to all other phones out their
The Exynos processor is going to perform better than the Tegra 3
as for people whining about the camera having only an 8mp sensor
Samsung has kept the same and made it better
now it has more features and take pictures really fast
The screen is just gorgeous!
I do agree with the fact that it looks a bit average in terms of appearence
would have loved the htc one x with these specs because of its overall design
106. amoled-sucks (Posts: 4; Member since: 03 May 2012)
Because g3 still lags behind x one and 4s.
123. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
other than not having a rgb screen,how does it lag behind the one x,it has bigger battery,faster processor,removable battery and sd card...lol seriously how on earth is it lagging behind the 4s..what does the 4s have that the s3...and before you say the one x has better build and material,they are both made out of polycarbonate
134. phoenixpr (Posts: 167; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Agree! taz89 I am all in for G3, I was going to get the HTC X But no removable battery and sd card. But when I heard about the G3, I am all over that when it makes it to the US. So leg behind from other commentors is a joke. Alfa dog here and now is the Samsing G3.
111. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1304; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
Haters are going to hate, and when some phone brings so much hype it will always get people telling how much better some other option is, be it the truth or not.
The more success Samsung has the worse it will become.
I think the phone it's gorgeous, it's just not for me as I don't like phones with such a huge screens.
So I'll keep dreaming of a Samsugn Galaxy S II plus (with an upgraded screen resolution of 540 x 960 and the new 4212 32 nm Soc for better battery life). That would be perfect for me.
115. phoenixpr (Posts: 167; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Don't forget, expandable SD slots and removable battery, on top of that the battery is bigger than any of the HTC...
3. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
64Gb+64GB micro sd=128GB's over any other phone usually maxing at 64 with or without expansion? Game splurge here i come!
51. Commentator (Posts: 2793; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Is it able to accept 64GB micro SDs? I know a lot of phones out there can only support up to 32. In any case, it would be more than most of the competition (with the exception of the PadFone, which has 64 built-in, has a Micro SD slot, and the keyboard dock has 2 USB ports plus a full-size SD slot, which totals out to potentially support hundreds of GBs... but again, that's including the keyboard...)
58. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
It more than likely does if its considering itself flagship. Some phones say they support up to 32 but actually support 64. Im hoping so because i have 5 8gb sd cards i have to use and its extremely frustrating having to switch
124. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
yep has support for the new 64gb micro sd cards
107. amoled-sucks (Posts: 4; Member since: 03 May 2012)
No way 64 + 64. Not on this cheap plastic POS.
117. Lboogey6 (Posts: 269; Member since: 31 Jan 2012)
How often are you breaking phones or sit back and say man if only my phone was steel then I could.... what nothing gtfoh its a phone h
133. willardspivens (Posts: 1; Member since: 25 May 2012)
How about saying at least one thing to backup your ignorant remarks? What are you? Some screen tech buff? Do you even know the difference between LCD Plus, Super AMOLED Plus, and Retina Display--and how they really affect the viewing experience? Give us something good so that we don't think your some iPhone prude that doesn't know why they like one thing over another. Anything....Say something intellegent and leave your wit at the door.
108. wendygarett (unregistered)
samsung has doing a good job for the memory part... but in term of price... (assume the price is same)
Galaxy s3 = Free 16gb internal + expensive microSD
One X = Free 32gb internal + 2years Free 25gb dropbox
Therefore i pick one X :)
118. Lboogey6 (Posts: 269; Member since: 31 Jan 2012)
gs3 = up to 64Gb + 50g of dropbox + removable larger battery + better processor
One x = no comparison
Try again oh I have an idea get a blackberry
4. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
holey cow that i4s is a mouse compared to all the other sets.
37. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
yes it looks like a mouse and the android phones looks like elephant.. that reminds me of the fable.. where an elephant was scare of the mouse
59. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Gallito zing!! Good one my friend.
71. andro. (Posts: 1986; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
except some mice aren't mice,they are vermin rats ;-)
74. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7005; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
and you're iPhone is the one that's a mouse. small screen small battery life. NO AMOLED screen.
88. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
get amoled out of your rear end.. PA told you amoled is over rated. LG makes better screens..
84. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
OK let me rephrase that.. looks like a steam engine in the era of jet fighters.
good comeback though..lol
105. ananya22 (Posts: 93; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
But unluckily in the real world the elephant just walks over the mouse without even realising it was there. sorry to burst your bubble of ignorance. is that what the i in iphone stands for?? ignorance. i dont think so but in your case it definitely is the case. i(gnorant)phone fan. lol
120. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
in the real world the iphone and the samsung models are just that.. cellphones.. seems that you are the bigger idiot
125. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
true that and couldnt agree more and yet we will still argue over it lol
128. ananya22 (Posts: 93; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
I see you dont understand metaphors/similie or anything. no point arguing with a person of 0 iq. i rest my case. U are too foolish to argue with. my mistake. should've known better
5. kingpet13 (Posts: 139; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Why is the iphone considered such a good phone? The only category it comes even close in is pixel density which is because of the small screen. I know that it is older, but so is the s2 which is still keeping up in everything but screen resolution, and the quad core proccesors. The iphone 4s is more of a low end android with a high pixel density that charges as much as a high end device.
10. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
You have to use one to find out.
Looking at straight specs iPhone wins in screen resolution, is tied on camera, but due to lens will beat the phones on camera quality, ties or beats in memory.
The processor is clocked slower, but it's actually smoother than all the android phones and even with less ram is smoother and less force closes.
Only thing left is no LTE. That's an android advantage at the moment.
12. JunaidZaka (Posts: 28; Member since: 24 Mar 2012)
Its smoother because it has a simple ui which doesnt eat much ram as android
try jailbreaking it and intalling tweaks from cydia to modify its overall ui such as toggles in notification bar, transition animations etc and then you will notice it lag more than android
I do own an iPhone 4 for the record
13. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Well obviously the ios is half baked
It only requires 140 mb ov ram to run ios
Whers Android requires 360 mb ov ram
15. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
It's a well written OS. Smartphones have limited resources unlike PC's. Apple did a great job with iOS.
19. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
well written? its just an app launcher drawer with stolen code from Android for drop down notifications.
5 OS's and it still has issues every year with the phone alarm. take your trolling.elsewhere taco. what's a matter? not getting enough hate on your normal threads? mommy ignoring you again today?
75. andro. (Posts: 1986; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Agreed with the ios launcher drawer description,I was demo-ing an android phone and an iphone to a customer today interested in both. The android phone when you unlock the screen had loads of options and customizations ,clocks live wallpapers,layouts etc. Then i unlocked the iphone screen and it went straight to the iphone app grid,the customers asked what changes can you make to this,the answer is 'not much beside putting a custom wallpaper behind the grid which gets mostly hidden behind it. The iphone os essentially is an app drawer grid with a settings menu added in and now an android notification bar.
20. JunaidZaka (Posts: 28; Member since: 24 Mar 2012)
And Android is not?
Android has all the features beforehand for which Iphone users have to jailbreak and put them through cydia
24. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Android rushes features out. Apple makes sure they work right. Different strategy. Android isn't nearly as well written code wise as iOS.
80. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7005; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Apple pretends to loose their prototype at a bar. and uses fake Apple POLICE to raid someone else home & raid some guy computers or video camrea that have the prototype iPhone. than announce it over the news and it was all a hoax. and they will do it again this year just to hype it up.
27. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Android linux a full os but lack of CPU power causes to lag a9 is crap for android a15 for android that's power where as written us not the case ios never runs all 40 apps at backgrounds only 1 to 5 is running try ram booster for ios it shows whats running all active data cat logs I own a ip4s 64gb I should no
29. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
I know iOS closes apps as necessary to stay running smoothly
52. jove39 (Posts: 1445; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Why are you talking about code? Have seen it? Its been mention in developer posts earlier that iOS code has tons of statements like -
// do something
Hope you'll understand my point...if you are a developer!
18. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
poor taco, his iphone is 5th best at most...
40. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
According to the comparison and benchmarking on gsmarena...it is.
42. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
ask any company whats better.. benchmarks or sales..?..
47. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Ask someone with commone sense....oh, nevermind...
A smart consumer does not follow the crowd based upon sales...
60. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Android has more market share so you're following the crowd :)
63. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
But we are the smart crowd
but iphone is following fashion and trend
wow look ive got a iphone......
We follow specs power feautres unlike apple user they just typical commerical
72. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
So you buy specs you don't need and that makes you smart?! Lol
81. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7005; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
So you use SIRI to answer all your answers? when SIRI isn't even smart herself
62. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
considering that most people buy what they want not what they really need.. we all are guilty that we are not smart consumers.. you prob have bought stuff that don't need . making you one of us...
65. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
No u follow basic simple stuffs in life ifans and users but cydia fans follow advane tech like android
64. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
For u ur typical user for us we do
for business its both
46. Ivan6479 (Posts: 248; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Yes gallito we know there are millions of baristas out there.... LOL