Samsung Galaxy S III to launch in India on June 10th
0. phoneArena posted on 04 May 2012, 09:21
For those of you in India waiting for the launch date for the Samsung Galaxy S III, you need to circle June 10th on your calendar; the sequel to what is considered the best Android phone ever made will cost you between 38,000-41,000 Rs ($760-$820)...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
10. GellerDoesDallas posted on 04 May 2012, 09:56 7
Shut up! Quit complaining, I don't care if it's $1000 that phone is going in my pocket:)
12. abhishek48 posted on 04 May 2012, 10:13 8
really... it kicks 161 in browser mark.... competition is no way near
3. LegedaryRelic posted on 04 May 2012, 09:37 13
I thought around $600 at most, but $800... that could be a huge deal breaker...
4. hung2900 posted on 04 May 2012, 09:41 5
20% tax is included in the UK price, so the real cost is $620
6. awin217 posted on 04 May 2012, 09:49 4
n u have to pay taxes .. so the actual price is not $620
8. remixfa posted on 04 May 2012, 09:52 5
VAT taxes make the pricepoint much larger than you will find in the US.
I'd expect it to be 250 after rebate on contract or 600ish full retail in the US.
high Taxes are BAD.
13. abhishek48 posted on 04 May 2012, 10:14 3
what are u talking in india htc one x is 38k.. so nothing wrong
14. sid07desai posted on 04 May 2012, 10:19 4
yes. but it will drop down to 30-32 in a few months. Just like galaxy not.
33. abhishek48 posted on 04 May 2012, 19:09 0
prices will reduce of gs3 too.. right now gs2 is 27-28,
sensation is 24, what do u wana buy.. obiously gs2.. similarly just for couple of thousands do u wana buy no 2 phone... not for me.. i wil rather spend more and get the best
23. vu2ikl posted on 04 May 2012, 11:13 2
hmm.. but today the prices have dropped by 2k. HOX comes for 36k now.. i think with in next month price will stabilize at 33-34k.
32. abhishek48 posted on 04 May 2012, 19:06 0
thats bcoz of launch of gs3 :), they know HOX cannot compete with gs3
22. taz89 posted on 04 May 2012, 11:12 1
well it doesnt work as a straight conversion from £ to $...uk always pays more...example in the us you can get the xbox for $199 dollars where as in the uk its £199 and if you were to do a straight conversion of that it would be like $250 dollars...thats the thing with these sites all they do is just convert the £ to $ even though they know thats not how it works...another example the one x is £480 in the uk but its not $750+ in the US is it
36. akshaye.shenoi posted on 05 May 2012, 00:50 3
I'm from India and believe me it's going to sell like hot cakes here. Do you know the iPhone was retailed at Rs. 44,500 (i.e. 823$) at the time of its release? Nevertheless, Apple lovers bought it. ;-) And then of course, jail-broke it cause they couldn't transfer a song via bluetooth. :P
5. InspectorGadget80 posted on 04 May 2012, 09:46 1
Just when I was going to visit this Summer. I don't think i will have enough money to buy the International Version.
7. awin217 posted on 04 May 2012, 09:50 8
38000 is the MRP u will be able to get it around 34000 if u r a gud bargainer.. bcs bargaining is the only thing that works in india..
16. sid07desai posted on 04 May 2012, 10:22 3
all the retail shops in India loot the customers.. never buy from the dealers.. buy from samsung official store.. that's the legit price.. it will cost 35k+ initially but will come down to 30k in 6 months.. and prices of galaxy note and s2 will obviously drop to less than 25k after its launch in india
21. the_s2 posted on 04 May 2012, 11:10 2
38k for a phone is way too much. I guess the price comes to 30-32k in two months time, when I'm planning to get it(Happened in the case of GS1 and GS2 due to huge demand). India was one of the huge consumers of GS2, as I know. I dont expect for the GS3 to be a huge hit as the GS2. By the time its gonna be launched, prices of HTC one X and other quad cores would have come down.
9. PhansMuneeb posted on 04 May 2012, 09:53 4
Are you made, Samsung is just kidding at this price there will be less buyers.
India is not yet developed and people are not sitting on cash here.
33,000-37-0000 Rs. Would be perfect.
And its not even polycarbonate, just a piece of plastic Lol.
24. Hafiz posted on 04 May 2012, 11:19 5
stop saying cheap plastic!! its high quality plastic!
31. remixfa posted on 04 May 2012, 15:44 3
polycarbonate is a nice way of saying "precolored plastic".
seriously, get over it.
90% of everything in your life is possible through plastic. get it out of your mind that its "cheap"
34. Bluedroid posted on 04 May 2012, 23:26 3
Hey porki India is very much developed nation unlike pakistan which is a failed state. The smartphone market in India is worth several billions...
18. VJo003 posted on 04 May 2012, 10:42 9
38-40k is way too much
They r just trying to cash in on the hype
It should normalize in a few months
20. SherlockHolmes posted on 04 May 2012, 11:07 2
The price would be around 40 k !!
I was waiting for S3 but now would be getting ONE X !!
37. rn9215 posted on 05 May 2012, 11:17 0
ya i am also planning to do the same....though i love the gs3...it doesnt make any sense at this price point!
40. SherlockHolmes posted on 01 Jun 2012, 05:52 0
Sure this much money for a handset is not worth !!
25. tharag posted on 04 May 2012, 11:22 4
samsung dropped the bomb yesterday but at this price point it's like really an asteroid hit the samsung galaxy....it nearly equivalent to overpriced 4s here this will be a huge mistake if it does not come down to 35k mark....
26. x7black7x posted on 04 May 2012, 12:12 2
samsung now its the time for you to flood the indian television with s3 comercials
28. ffaarrooqq posted on 04 May 2012, 14:33 0
Ahhh 38000 is too much...
32000-34000 will be good.
35. Cyan3boN posted on 04 May 2012, 23:42 2
buying the s3 over the onex is a joke, I'm floored by the beauty of the one x whereas the galaxy looks very ordinary with its uninspiring boring looks. and also I would suggest waiting for the one s, it will be around 29k at launch
39. sid07desai posted on 09 May 2012, 06:13 0
so you're one of those people who think looks matter more than what the phone has to offer? You're buying phones to impress others. You want to flaunt it. The S3 looks dull only in pictures. When you hold it in your hands you'll know its charm.