Samsung Galaxy S III to launch in India on June 10th
0. phoneArena 04 May 2012, 09:21 posted on
For those of you in India waiting for the launch date for the Samsung Galaxy S III, you need to circle June 10th on your calendar; the sequel to what is considered the best Android phone ever made will cost you between 38,000-41,000 Rs ($760-$820)...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
10. GellerDoesDallas (Posts: 50; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
Shut up! Quit complaining, I don't care if it's $1000 that phone is going in my pocket:)
12. abhishek48 (Posts: 164; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
really... it kicks 161 in browser mark.... competition is no way near
29. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
you're a P.O.S.
2. yoshimitsu1234 (Posts: 6; Member since: 04 Dec 2010)
it wil be worst seller at that price point.
3. LegedaryRelic (Posts: 10; Member since: 04 May 2012)
I thought around $600 at most, but $800... that could be a huge deal breaker...
4. hung2900 (Posts: 956; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
20% tax is included in the UK price, so the real cost is $620
6. awin217 (Posts: 18; Member since: 23 Sep 2011)
n u have to pay taxes .. so the actual price is not $620
8. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
VAT taxes make the pricepoint much larger than you will find in the US.
I'd expect it to be 250 after rebate on contract or 600ish full retail in the US.
high Taxes are BAD.
27. LegedaryRelic (Posts: 10; Member since: 04 May 2012)
Thanks, I wasn't aware of the tax issue.
13. abhishek48 (Posts: 164; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
what are u talking in india htc one x is 38k.. so nothing wrong
14. sid07desai (Posts: 290; Member since: 03 May 2012)
yes. but it will drop down to 30-32 in a few months. Just like galaxy not.
33. abhishek48 (Posts: 164; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
prices will reduce of gs3 too.. right now gs2 is 27-28,
sensation is 24, what do u wana buy.. obiously gs2.. similarly just for couple of thousands do u wana buy no 2 phone... not for me.. i wil rather spend more and get the best
23. vu2ikl (Posts: 11; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
hmm.. but today the prices have dropped by 2k. HOX comes for 36k now.. i think with in next month price will stabilize at 33-34k.
32. abhishek48 (Posts: 164; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
thats bcoz of launch of gs3 :), they know HOX cannot compete with gs3
22. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
well it doesnt work as a straight conversion from £ to $...uk always pays more...example in the us you can get the xbox for $199 dollars where as in the uk its £199 and if you were to do a straight conversion of that it would be like $250 dollars...thats the thing with these sites all they do is just convert the £ to $ even though they know thats not how it works...another example the one x is £480 in the uk but its not $750+ in the US is it
36. akshaye.shenoi (Posts: 24; Member since: 16 Apr 2012)
I'm from India and believe me it's going to sell like hot cakes here. Do you know the iPhone was retailed at Rs. 44,500 (i.e. 823$) at the time of its release? Nevertheless, Apple lovers bought it. ;-) And then of course, jail-broke it cause they couldn't transfer a song via bluetooth. :P
5. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Just when I was going to visit this Summer. I don't think i will have enough money to buy the International Version.
7. awin217 (Posts: 18; Member since: 23 Sep 2011)
38000 is the MRP u will be able to get it around 34000 if u r a gud bargainer.. bcs bargaining is the only thing that works in india..
16. sid07desai (Posts: 290; Member since: 03 May 2012)
all the retail shops in India loot the customers.. never buy from the dealers.. buy from samsung official store.. that's the legit price.. it will cost 35k+ initially but will come down to 30k in 6 months.. and prices of galaxy note and s2 will obviously drop to less than 25k after its launch in india
21. the_s2 (Posts: 239; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
38k for a phone is way too much. I guess the price comes to 30-32k in two months time, when I'm planning to get it(Happened in the case of GS1 and GS2 due to huge demand). India was one of the huge consumers of GS2, as I know. I dont expect for the GS3 to be a huge hit as the GS2. By the time its gonna be launched, prices of HTC one X and other quad cores would have come down.
9. PhansMuneeb (Posts: 371; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
Are you made, Samsung is just kidding at this price there will be less buyers.
India is not yet developed and people are not sitting on cash here.
33,000-37-0000 Rs. Would be perfect.
And its not even polycarbonate, just a piece of plastic Lol.
15. SleepingOz (unregistered)
So what's polycarbonate for you? Metal? LOL
24. Hafiz (Posts: 78; Member since: 20 Dec 2011)
stop saying cheap plastic!! its high quality plastic!
31. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
polycarbonate is a nice way of saying "precolored plastic".
seriously, get over it.
90% of everything in your life is possible through plastic. get it out of your mind that its "cheap"
34. Bluedroid (Posts: 57; Member since: 12 Sep 2011)
Hey porki India is very much developed nation unlike pakistan which is a failed state. The smartphone market in India is worth several billions...
11. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
Is Samsung already patented "Eye tracking" command?
18. VJo003 (Posts: 359; Member since: 11 Mar 2012)
38-40k is way too much
They r just trying to cash in on the hype
It should normalize in a few months