Samsung Galaxy S III to get many Note II features with update to Android 4.1.2
0. phoneArena 15 Nov 2012, 12:51 posted on
A leaked version of Android 4.1.2 for the Samsung Galaxy S III will bring to the flagship device some of the new features found on the Samsung GALAXY Note; this includes multiwindows, smart rotation and the Swype-esque QWERTY keyboard...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. 1ceTr0n (Posts: 545; Member since: 20 May 2012)
Note 2 still has a fully functional quad core for US market and the awesome pen, along with its bigger screen, so its all good.
2. Fayeznoor (Posts: 65; Member since: 15 Nov 2011)
cant wait for official update
and btw @phonearena , any idea why Samsung removed Screen Recording function from Galaxy Note 2
3. metoyou (Posts: 279; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Flashed mine ^_^
I love the multi-windows and the new gallery most
7. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Yep flashed it too and so far awesome.. Liking new camera and gallery
15. metoyou (Posts: 279; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
The S3 (mine is international) is easily one of the best phone hand down. I now always have live wallpaper, everything syncing in the background and it's still silky smooth and lasts me over day in battery
4. Kronic (banned) (Posts: 321; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
That means I just have to buy a capacitive stylus! I won't get hover though :-( but still great job Samsung.
5. JGuinan007 (Posts: 654; Member since: 19 May 2011)
What about the SGH-I717 Galaxy Note that was released in Feb will it get updated to get features like the SIII's smart stay or any of the features of the Note II or does a phone that was released 9 months ago get left out in the cold.
6. AstronautJones (Posts: 286; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
speculation that the original Samsung GALAXY Note will also be getting many of the new features on its successor.
19. JGuinan007 (Posts: 654; Member since: 19 May 2011)
I read that, and am pretty sure they are refering to the international Galaxy Note N7000 that was released a year ago it has a different CPU/GPU than the US version so it's update won't work for US versions
8. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
With this update, the S3 will remain to be the best classic phone on the market!
Can't wait to get it on mine.. not sure about US version getting it, btw..s4 CPU is far from matching the quad core Exynos in pure processing power
9. bonsly16 (Posts: 59; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Excited for the multi-window feature. And by the way, my Sprint GSIII already has Smart Rotation. I guess international version is missing that feature in 4.1?
10. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 904; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Awesome, cant wait to have this on my GS3 :D
The Samsung Galaxy S2's Android4.1.2 firmware has also leaked, bringing many S3 and Note2 features with it:http://www.sammobile.com/2012/
16. Nafiz (Posts: 13; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
they say SGS2 will get upgrade since october,, and till now still not coming *grrrrrr.... (-、-)
11. dejastar (Posts: 11; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
While on the subject of updates, T-Mobile just rolled out jellybean for the gs3.
12. RicoNZ (Posts: 11; Member since: 19 Aug 2012)
I'd be more than happy to get JB rolled out to my phone before 4.1.2!
13. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Already enjoying JB4.1.2 on custom rom, with Siyah kernel.
14. dorianb (Posts: 540; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Bet the VZW version gets that update this time next year. (- _ - *)
18. Twisted247 (Posts: 282; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
The Original Note damn well better be getting the said features. I personally think they should be Note series exclusive. So the Note better get them if the gs3 is.
20. 1ceTr0n (Posts: 545; Member since: 20 May 2012)
Please read first post. Its not real likely the Note 1 is gonna get much more attention with the Note 2 launched, the Note 1 is no longer a company flagship model and thus, not the money maker it was. Welcome to the modern cellular market