Samsung Galaxy S III to be just 7mm thin, quad-core processor and LTE regurgitated again
0. phoneArena 06 Feb 2012, 06:57 posted on
Samsung has reportedly managed to shrink the PCB board and other components in its upcoming Galaxy S III flagship 10-20% compared to the current achievements, making the handset 0.27" thin...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Birds (Posts: 1058; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
This article fails to talk about one of the highlights of the SGSIII. The quadcore processor also serves as a cooking element so you use it to boil water, fry eggs, and all! BEST PHONE OF THE YEAR!!! LOL jkjkjkjkjkjkjk.
3. Striker (Posts: 92; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
Naaah(yawn), if it runs on Handroid again - no, thanks. If they fix the display, change the OS and improve battery life, maybe I can consider buying.
4. Birds (Posts: 1058; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Lol, if the phone isn't your cup of tea then why bash it? Then why click the link? Then why care? Don't troll on the best phone of the year!!
30. tedkord (Posts: 5592; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Because he's extremely insecure about his own phone platform. He sees Android making huge strides quickly, and surpassing his own phone by leaps and bounds, and he feels the need to lash out, to reassure himself that he's made the right choice, and that's not actually envy he's feeling.
It's a hollow feeling, because he knows deep down that he's not convincing anyone. The evidence is clear for all to see, from market share to specs to function, to scientific studies that show Android crashes significantly less than other competing platforms.
Don't fight him. Just pity him.
6. bloodline (Posts: 700; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
I remember when trolling use to mean something
8. SleepingOz (unregistered)
This phone will be too awesome for an iDiot to handle. You better stick with your pathetically overrated tiny iphone. =]
10. Striker (Posts: 92; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
Mehehe. ''Sour grapes'', mate. Do not mention Apple, here. They're just in another orbit. PS: The tendency, by the way, is that many more ''idiots'' will buy Iphones, than any other thing. Only ''geeks'' seem to like Handroid. I am not sure, but did you say ''awesome'' for Samsung Galaxy Service 2 or Service 3? :)
31. tedkord (Posts: 5592; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
You mean the iOS that crashes apps more than Android? Or the iOS with half the market share of Android?
Or, are you talking about the "geeks" who score more on the first date than "iDiots"?
You are right on one account - very different orbits? iOS can barely see Android now, it's so far above it.
9. bigdawg23 (Posts: 397; Member since: 25 May 2011)
Whats wrong with the Display? The SGS2 have one of the best displays. Not is not the same ppl as an iPhone, buts its on a 4.3 or 4.52" screen vs 3.5. I have owned both devices and they have their plus's and minus's. I look forward to what the actual devices brings, just like the iPhone 5.
11. andro. (Posts: 1974; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Usual ifan comment.
The sgs2 has one of the best battery life an any smartphone available at the moment especially those on 2.3.5 and until the just very recent release of hd android screens the sgs2 also had the best screen so your comment make no sense much like most other ifans ramblings.
The iphone 4s at the moment on the other hand is needing charging almost twice a day for a lot of people and we have many complaints from customers about it.
16. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Cant say if eyeSheep, trolling or just mentally retarded.
5. Tatperson (Posts: 58; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
Don't you guys think that phones are becoming too thin these days?
18. PimpStrong (Posts: 310; Member since: 25 Jul 2011)
It automatically compromises battery life because you can only get MORE life with a bigger battery. Where is the desire for these companies to give us crazy ridiculous battery life vs. crazy ridiculous thinness. They are already thin enough and now its just thin for the sake of saying its thin.
32. tedkord (Posts: 5592; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Agreed. Plus, phones are getting so thin now they're close to being uncomfortable to hold. I don't want a brick, but maybe 10mm with a 25% larger battery versus the 7mm. That's a tradeoff I'd be willing to take.
Better yet, we need some advances in battery tech, to make them hold more for the size. That way thems that want ultra thin can have it, too.
40. BattleBrat (Posts: 1199; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
My RAZR (NOT a MAXX) gets 2.5-3 days, so no complaints here
13. andro. (Posts: 1974; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Maybe but the advantage is that if you want or need to put a good case on the phone then the phone still will have a nice thin profile.
Remembering the older days of the brick phones with even thicker case makes me shiver!
17. PimpStrong (Posts: 310; Member since: 25 Jul 2011)
I do. My Vibrant was so thin that I hated to hold it without a case and same goes for my GSII. The RAZR MAXX should be a new trend where the space created from the smaller components gives way to a bigger battery.
If the GSIII promices 10 hours of hardcore use with a 7mm body then give me a 9.9mm version that gives me 20 hours.
12. WakaFlakaD (Posts: 378; Member since: 30 Apr 2011)
Galaxy S3 will probably comes out at Q4 in the U.S =/ I wonder if the new Sony can be a challenger to the spot of the phone of the year or not. I can't wait for the next iPhone as well. I love technology, especially with mobile phones!
14. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
personally im on tmobile so ill buy it unlocked :P idc if i have to get it f**king imported i am not waiting an extra 6 months like last year
19. PimpStrong (Posts: 310; Member since: 25 Jul 2011)
Happy Halloween for me again. How much do you think the international version will run? I'm guessing $750-800.
21. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
i will save my income taxes xD idc how much it costs i want it the week or day it releases
22. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
but the last sgs sold for roughly $600-$700 depending where you bought it at. if overseas the shipping is insane
26. PimpStrong (Posts: 310; Member since: 25 Jul 2011)
Yeah it was like 700 early on. This thing has GOT to be more expensive though. But cool for you if your gonna buy it. Even if I sell my GSII for 400, I'd hate to spend an additional $300+ personally.
36. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
itll be probably $700 because over time hardware becomes cheaper.
15. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
7mm - failed opportunity for a clever design (like 8.8mm and an 3000mah battery, for example)
8mp camera - major fail. I'd rather take something like Sony ion
24. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
the 8mp cam doesnt really face a diff megapixels matter but not as much as you think they do. phonearena did a article a few days ago on this. it also matters on aperture size the lens optics etc etc.
25. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
look at alot of 8mp phones out there. there cams suck but then you look at the sgs2 or iphone4s they have superior optics and everything. many 5mp cams outperform alot of 8mps because of the optics and other factors
34. Evil_SaNz (Posts: 258; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
Who looks for megapixels in a photocamera never made a photo with a real photocamera. Main factors are the optic and sensor. Every megapixel above 3 is unnecessary unless you're a detective and need to zoom pictures. On a full Hd monitor 1920*1080=about 2M pixels.
20. arcq12 (Posts: 733; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
I'll probably get my first Samsung if it will come out with a metal chasis.. if not, no thanks..
23. RamyRamz69 (Posts: 390; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
7mm thick battery with Super AMOLED + 720p display, quadcore processor and LTE....really smart Samsung.
28. Tonivstono (Posts: 14; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
Samsung Can you make it a little bit heavier eventhought it's thin.....Because I hate light phone...It's make the phone feel cheap......XD
35. justme (Posts: 45; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
Right now I'm looking more at the S2+...possibly some hope to get it on VZW at least a little sooner than this.
37. willardcw4 (Posts: 169; Member since: 01 Oct 2011)
have a feelin VZW won't pass on the GS3
38. tedkord (Posts: 5592; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Probably not, but by the time it comes out on Verizon, the SGS4 will be about to be released overseas.
39. SoopaManLuv (Posts: 24; Member since: 11 Aug 2011)
I'm hoping they don't pass. Rt now tha only good Samsung option (in my opinion) is tha GNexus...which I'll probably end up getting cause I need a new phone like yesterday...