Samsung Galaxy S III spotted wearing Android 4.3
0. phoneArena 22 Jul 2013, 00:35 posted on
With word that the Samsung Galaxy S III and Samsung GALAXY Note II would be skipping Android 4.2.2 and heading straight to Android 4.3, a leaked picture from the same source shows the Samsung Galaxy S III wearing a test version of the next Android build; the device in the picture allegedly belongs to someone who works for Samsung's R&D center in India...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. spideyhead256 (Posts: 148; Member since: 05 Nov 2012)
well,this is suprising.good going samsung.unless this a fake mod done in the build.prop file.
7. lee480 (Posts: 197; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
The quality of PA's article are going down exponentially everyday.
It's so obvious is fake. Looked at the kernel compilation date.
18. spideyhead256 (Posts: 148; Member since: 05 Nov 2012)
uh yeah just noticed that thanks for pointing it out :| the kernel was compiled in february.i'm pretty sure nobody not even the companies got the 4.3 source available to them back in feb cause obviously google wouldn't have released 4.3 so soon it might still be in development.
3. james004 (Posts: 486; Member since: 15 May 2013)
For once oem are ahead of android version release.
4. ianbbaa (Posts: 305; Member since: 20 Mar 2013)
I believe it is just matter of "push the button" at Google to send the 4.3 update to Nexus devices. When other OEMs will be ready they might push it together at once.
5. Dingy_cellar_dweller (Posts: 243; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
What it means is if OEM's are working on it already, its been ready on a nexus device, as android is developed on a nexus.
6. flynfree (Posts: 374; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
So, another 4 or more months to test the new version of touchwiz ui b4 implementing it for gnote2, while the gnote3 wearing 4.3 is around the corner. My goodness...S a m s u n g!!!!!!
9. flynfree (Posts: 374; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
If you'll not change your strategy, you cannot beat the iPhone, mark my word!
10. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 704; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
fake coz kernel version still showing 3.0 not 3.4
13. flynfree (Posts: 374; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
3.0/3.4 is honeycomb baby!!!
That's for tablet.
15. flynfree (Posts: 374; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
Oh, I'm out of the topic, it's about kernel right?
Just disappointed for my gnote 2 still on 4.1jb, my apology!
14. samsuper (Posts: 29; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
Now s3 is affordable price, with 4.3 update it will become more powerful.
16. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Like I said, Sammy will shock ppl. with the early adaptation of 4.3 on last year's flagships.
17. Cesar (Posts: 139; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
I prefer Android Stock Pure Jelly Bean 4.3, that will be GREAT! not it Touchwiz (LAG)
19. spideyhead256 (Posts: 148; Member since: 05 Nov 2012)
get a nexus 4 like me (finally getting mine today!) and wait till 24th :P
20. yowanvista (Posts: 340; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
This is undoubtedly FAKE, one cannot use a kernel compiled for Android 4.2 on 4.3 without adding the changes & recompiling it. This kernel was compiled the February 19 and at exactly 16:06:59 and the same used in the leaked 4.2.1 firmware.
Furthermore it has the same changelist as the leaked Feburary firmware (171637)
Android Version: 4.1.2 - JZO54K (Jelly Bean)
Region: Middle East
Build Date: 19th Februray 2013
22. androidfanboy (Posts: 162; Member since: 24 Jun 2013)
Read the article because this is a test build