Samsung Galaxy S III source code posted online
1. QinEmpire posted on 01 Jun 2012, 09:16 0 21
No thanks, stealing code from Apple and release it as open source...
2. PhoneArenaUser posted on 01 Jun 2012, 09:29 8 0
iOS isn't open source, so how they could steal it ? Think before talking!
3. QinEmpire posted on 01 Jun 2012, 09:34 0 13
Rip design, distribute it, and there.
How smart.. Now it become Samsung's.
Google is also one of them.
4. RangersK posted on 01 Jun 2012, 09:41 3 0
@QinEmpire, Wow genius!
5. duckymomo26 posted on 01 Jun 2012, 09:42 2 0
@QinEmpire - What The flipping Glob?! Really?! Really?! I mean Really?!
6. PhoneArenaUser posted on 01 Jun 2012, 09:57 3 0
So, make a decision, you are talking about design or about code because this article talks about source code.
11. taz89 posted on 01 Jun 2012, 10:33 2 0
his just a troll that makes no sense dont even bother trying to understand him...like you said he talks of design when this is about the source code...lol some just dont have a life
7. Evil_SaNz posted on 01 Jun 2012, 10:02 4 0
How productive and coherent comment...new trolls raisin'™
Just for fun, let's play:
1) Android development started in 2003, bought by Google in 2005 - first iPhone was released in 2007.
2) First computer was a Xerox Alto, not an Apple PC
3) Tablet idea was first seen in Star Trek, in year 1966: often enough you see officers signin off on electronic clipboards with some kind of stylus.
4) Yes, S-Voice is a reskinned Siri with more available languages but vocal control was already existing by ages. Again, Star Trek's LCARS inspired Apple - that's why Google's future vocal research will be codenamed Majel. Both Siri and S-Voice are potentially useless as you anyway need to trigger it by touching the phone. Google Project Glass suggests that soon we will activate Vocal control just by talking.
5) Samsung is adapting an already Open Source code to its hardware, custom ROM developers need Samsung's version for hardware drivers.
8. roscuthiii posted on 01 Jun 2012, 10:02 5 0
Ugh! I hate when parents just give kids access to the internet.
9. SleepingOz posted on 01 Jun 2012, 10:13 3 0
Learn how to control your jealousy, man. So much hatred will lead you to a nervous breakdown someday.
10. matrix_neo posted on 01 Jun 2012, 10:30 2 0
Why you keep bashing trolling samsung?? It is samsung the biggest supplier of apple, you obviously knew it, iphone will never exist without samsung. Keep it always in mind!!!
13. ananya22 posted on 01 Jun 2012, 11:40 3 0
you dont know a thing you f**king idiot. get lost. comments should be posted for productive discussion. its not for people like you who have absolutely no idea about anything they are saying. please go the f*ck away. stop commenting on this site. smart people who actually know about things comment here.have you ever read remixfa's or Hunt3jr2's comments. do that and then you'll know what kind of people should comment.
15. taz89 posted on 01 Jun 2012, 12:18 2 0
why you even commenting if you dont care for the phone
14. ananya22 posted on 01 Jun 2012, 11:47 3 0
i am very happy to see this. i love samsung for it. there are so many developers who work on galaxy s2 and thats why when i rooted my gs2(which was very easy due to the reason that sammy is so developer friendly) i had hundreds of kernels and custom roms to choose from and so many people develop for gs2 so theres a lot of people i can talk to and take advice from and stuff. i am looking for the gs3 rom to be adapted by someone for the gs2 so i can flash it. and quite a few people on xda are working on it right now
17. networkdood posted on 01 Jun 2012, 14:08 0 0
Huh, what other company does this so quickly? Not many....Looking forward to adapting some of it for my Droid RAZR....
18. mercorp posted on 02 Jun 2012, 10:26 0 0
for me though,i prefer to keep touchwiz pure.