Samsung Galaxy S III software update adds a brightness widget in the notifications tray
0. phoneArena posted on 06 Jul 2012, 14:31
Well folks, it looks like the international version of the Samsung Galaxy S III is seeing a brand new over-the-air software update that should make it even easier for owners to modify the handset’s brightness setting. Specifically, the 73MB update is being pushed out to devices...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. iamcc posted on 06 Jul 2012, 14:34 22
As they start to include more and more features that we normally use Custom ROMs for there will be less and less of a need for rooting.
I love evolution!
2. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 06 Jul 2012, 14:45 3
I was thinking it looks like they took a page from AOKP with this feature.
For all the negative comments on Touchwiz, I miss the toggle options in the notification area now that I'm on a Nexus device. You can do the same with a widget, but it was nice have them hidden, tucked away out of site.
8. OptimusOne posted on 06 Jul 2012, 21:10 0
custom roms will be out as long as there is bloatware.
and who doesn't like stock ics
i would prefer that anyday to touchwiz
3. vaspvasp posted on 06 Jul 2012, 14:56 2
i would say they should update to allow moving apps to the external SD. that is one of the crucial things to improve at
10. frydaexiii posted on 06 Jul 2012, 23:08 0
Why? The S3 has a unified storage system, you have 9GB+ to install apps, that isn't enough?
11. vaspvasp posted on 07 Jul 2012, 01:29 0
not if you have GPS navigation with lots of maps, large applications that take space, or for those who play games (i dont) not being able to store them separately. Also for music purposes, offline music cannot be stored in the external drive otherwise its not found. you have to manually keep bringing files with explorers. etc.
its a nice feature to have and it would be nice to reinstate.
15. jefferson9 posted on 07 Jul 2012, 21:23 0
i keep my music on my sd card and the music app finds it.
music actually has nothing to do with application storage though.
4. infernal88 posted on 06 Jul 2012, 15:14 1
im not sure if s3 has this ...but since it is in s2 it must be there ....when not set on auto-brightness if u slide ur finger over the status bar u can modify the brightness...im sure it is there !
5. kyan- posted on 06 Jul 2012, 15:42 7
its not a coincidence that cyanogemod creator is part of samsung.
7. OptimusOne posted on 06 Jul 2012, 21:09 0
well the brightness slider is not part of cm9 actually
its part of aokp :)
12. JonBjSig posted on 07 Jul 2012, 08:48 0
Is there something on the play store that lets you put a 4x1 widget in the notification tray?
13. RapidCat posted on 07 Jul 2012, 11:05 0
in indonesia i can't find OTA. but KIES already have the update
14. sunny0283 posted on 07 Jul 2012, 14:52 0
i cannot get this update..with Three network (uk).