Samsung Galaxy S III rumored to be released in April: HD screen, quad-core processor, 12-megapixel camera, running ICS
0. phoneArena 24 Jan 2012, 07:16 posted on
Notorious for his murky inside sources and hit-or-miss track record, Russian tech blogger Eldar Murtazin just dropped a huge news bomb by saying the yet unannounced Samsung Galaxy S III…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. arcq12 (Posts: 733; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
all of the specs he mentioned are the most obvious ones.. he is just making it up..
4. TreyTreyTaylor (Posts: 673; Member since: 21 Dec 2010)
A true powerhouse. Sigh... here's to hoping and praying VZW picks it up this time around. On another note it will always be a darn shame Nokia went the WP7 only route.
5. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4833; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Wow if that is true then this spring should be sweet. The Samsung Galaxy S III so far looks to be one hell of a smart phone, or should I say the world's smartest phone. lol It’s going to be simply amazing. The tech is moving at lightning speed. Imagine what will be around in 2 short years from now.
6. Fayeznoor (Posts: 71; Member since: 15 Nov 2011)
ive followed eldar for quite a while...he always speaks true about Samsung. remember his early 2011 tweets about Samsung Galaxy S2. all were true. he also said he had early sample of GS2 and has tested it before it made way to barcelona. his tweet about GS2 overclocked to 1.2ghz was also true.
7. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
i want it. i am sure its gonna be a hell of device. bring it on sammy
9. Phullofphil (Posts: 801; Member since: 10 Feb 2009)
if i were to guess what samsung whould put out in the nex version it would be the best tech that can be put into a phone and these specs are about what would be what i would exspect. The only thing is tegra 3 is the only known 4 core processore and i would exspect that samsung would use there own chip for this as well as i would hope cause they have proven to be the best amd fastest chips in the duel core market. The rumer i know of though is samsung is putting out better duel core chips that they clame can compete with the early 4 core chips. Either way i hope they iuse other materal than plastic for a change.
37. sumdude (Posts: 50; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
Seems odd, they have better dual core chips that outcompete early quad 4 chips. Yet, they have yet to figure out how to make a dual core Exynos work on "true" LTE. I prayed the would get it together for stateside (non gsm) carriers. Instead, they shelved it & threw in the inferior chips in SGSII variants. I loved the Exynos performance but I lost some respect b/c of the hype Sammy built up for it.
12. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3108; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Too bad in the US we wont see it until 2013.
41. sumdude (Posts: 50; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
As a Big Red subscriber, I'll feel blessed if they release it before 12/31/12. Knowing full well that would be miraculous.
42. victo410 (Posts: 16; Member since: 20 Jan 2012)
maybe we get it by Nov or DEC this year. hopefully
13. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
give it to me baby.. uh huh.. uh huh! :)
now it just needs to hit the US by summer.. NOT CHRISTMAS :)
I dont know why the quad core part would be unbelievable. The T3 has been out for like 2 months already. To assume that Samsung wouldnt have an answer ready within 7 months is unbelievable. Hopefully they have upped their production so we see the quad exynos in multiple phone lines this time.
POWER.. UUUNLIMITED POOOWER! :)
17. PimpStrong (Posts: 310; Member since: 25 Jul 2011)
Hopefully Quad Exynos will support HSPA+ 42-84-168!!
25. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
id be surprised if they didnt make it compatible with every radio combination this time to stave off the BS that was the hercules/skyrocket incident.
49. jove39 (Posts: 1856; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
T3 is A9 based...but hopefully Exynos chip will be A15 based...way better...I am dreaming!
14. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I just hope the GSIII is available for sale in the U.S. quicker than the GSII was.
Great phone (Thumbup).
15. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
:o hope they use a better quality cam this is the year of the phone cam
21. biophone (Posts: 1955; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
This is the year of quad core screw the phone cam.
45. sumdude (Posts: 50; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
In the US markets, it's the year of the cam. Dual core chips.aren't even being utilized to full effect until ICS is released to the masses. Right now the duals are just handling overflow, not optimized performance duties. All early quads I've seen aren't exactly blowing dual benchmarks out of the water, yet.
They'll be nice options but as it stands now, it's just.overkill in many ways.
54. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
uh no.. its not over kill
dual core optimization is automatic quad core optimization. no quad core has been announced without ics in tow. and even if you never use the "full power" of a quad core (your loss :) ), quad cores give better battery life than dual cores.. and most definitely more than single cores.
60. sumdude (Posts: 50; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
Your jumping the gun a bit, forget quads exist for a sec. My point is that no one who isn't running vanilla ICS, in one form or another, has not experienced the full potential of dual core chipsets. People who have duals, running GB, think there phone is already much smoother & quicker than previous phones they've used. Dual core processing is not native in GB. So it goes w/out saying, they will only be happier when they discover the multitasking improvements that come w/ ICS. Especially, when a phone has dual chips clocked to 1.2ghz & up. A relatively stable S3, oc'd to 1.8 is unapologetically fast. Quad cores have yet to be finely optomized for use. When they do, w/ stable processing, it has potential to blow peoples minds.
71. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
actually they have. that was my first sentence
its called "dual core optimized" by laymens. its technically "multi core optimized". once it can thread 2, it can thread 4 and all the rest as well.
16. PimpStrong (Posts: 310; Member since: 25 Jul 2011)
Anybody wanna buy my Galaxy S II? I need about fo-hunid.
19. arcq12 (Posts: 733; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
Too bad, probably gonna hit the US pretty late..
20. theBankRobber (Posts: 681; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
After quad core, WHATS NEXT? They really can't go any higher then quad core can they or most important, do they REALLY need to go any higher then quad core. After quad core, they should just focus on how to maximize the phone to its full power with software and features and not just hardware. Since I got my Photon 4g in October, my next upgrade isn't to June of 2013, gets me wondering what will be out then. LoL
23. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
well considering computers have hexa core and octa core processors im guessing thats next
56. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
just because u cant imagine a need for quad cores or more, doesnt mean there wont ever be one.
26. GALAXY-S (Posts: 701; Member since: 07 Jun 2011)
the HD resolution screen and android 4 are what im mainly interested in.. Didnt mention how much RAM !!!
29. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
that would be great. screw advanced task killer i dont need to close out any apps xD
44. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
lol. ICS completely negates the need for ATK.. for real this time. but yea, ill take the extra ram anyways.. makes for better games n apps. :)
63. Muhannad (Posts: 455; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
I'm actually surprised that there wasn't anything mentioned about 2Ghz processors, I still remember back in early 2011 that Samsung promised 2Ghz phones by 2012.
30. ReturningToNokia (Posts: 130; Member since: 09 Jul 2011)
It's exciting to see excitement for this device! Microsoft will be especially pleased :)
31. JSern (Posts: 282; Member since: 22 May 2011)
Please, with all those specs, I'm sure it will STILL lags.
61. sumdude (Posts: 50; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
Yes, but it will only be noticed if the phones owners brain lags, as well.
70. JSern (Posts: 282; Member since: 22 May 2011)
Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know Fanboys are so touchy. Get the facts right, I'm a ex owner of SG2.
73. sumdude (Posts: 50; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
Speaking of getting facts straight. Fanboy? WTF? LMFAO. I don't give a rats arse about any particular phone or manufacturer.
Speaking of touchy, unless you time traveled into the future and bought the SG3 and then returned to the present and commented on lag. I wasn't adressing you, I said anyone. So don't take it personally. There may be a lagging moment or two on the SG3. What some consider lag is just OS stutter, that will still occur on a few more.Galaxy releases, due to memory and processing. Even when Octo. cores arrive. There will still be idiots who will still insist on devices lag, cuz they're to asinine to know better.
P.S. I've owned an Omnia II and a Galaxy Nexus for 2 weeks, before returning it. What is your point about a past Sammy phone you owned?
I guess if it's a contest, my 2 trump your 1.
32. manuell3g (Posts: 66; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
Ever c de s2 lag before? Dont lie........
34. cncrim (Posts: 823; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
very rare occasion almost zero lag, S2 is doing very good since it has 1gb ram. I say S3 wont have that problem 2gb ram.
69. JSern (Posts: 282; Member since: 22 May 2011)
I'm a SG2 Onwer, and traded in to WP, NEVER going back.
Never lags? Screw you it even lags when I close every app, and it sometimes SHUT DOWN itself!
33. cncrim (Posts: 823; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
Hope the camera is physical lense improvement like bigger lense more light come in, not lazy software 12M pixel ...... that's will sh*t out the pix quatity.
35. MotorolaandSamsungFTW (Posts: 10; Member since: 05 Jan 2012)
soon these high ends phone will overpower computer technologies, what's next? hexacore like a freakin' amd phenom ii x6? dang phones these day are crazy!
36. cncrim (Posts: 823; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
"overpower computer " NO WAY.
phone only replace mobilelity, but when come down to real task PC still and will remain power house. PC is like trucks in our economy, real stuff will need real tool.
39. MotorolaandSamsungFTW (Posts: 10; Member since: 05 Jan 2012)
lol duh, soon all i need is a freakin phone, add a wireless keyboard, a mouse and tada, a multitasking mini laptop with call function:P
46. ngo2dd (Posts: 896; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
Not even close. Just because a phone have quad core does not mean that it is anything close to a computer. An intel core duo 2 is still faster then the newest quad tablet or cell phone. The core i series is many time faster then anything a cell phone has.
57. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
that comment came from a complete lack of understanding in technology.
might as well say a pinto can go toe to toe with an S-2000 because they are both 4 cylinder cars.
40. Jericho (unregistered)
Quad core can't beat windowsphone.
Why don't you guys get it its not about the processor.
For example its the big show(android/quad core) vs the rock(windows phone) yeah i know the big show is bigger(processor) but can he beat the rock's strategic game plan/mind(software).
50. snowgator (Posts: 3583; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Made me giggle, Jericho... But I am not sure a wrestling analogy was the best way to go on that argument.
Besides, this is great news for Galaxy Series fans. Let them have the post.
64. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
i appreciate it
68. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
are you like the miz for windows or something?
62. sumdude (Posts: 50; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
Given Microsofts track record w/ security exploits. I could care less if it beats any phone on the planet. They push products, w/ security being an afterthought. I'll stick w/ a "slow"(LOL) Android running trusted dev. roms, so I can control who and what effs up my phone.