Samsung Galaxy S III release date is set for May 29th, June for USA
0. phoneArena 03 May 2012, 13:51 posted on
The Samsung Galaxy S III release date is sooner rather than later - the S III will launch globally in May, and a 4G LTE version it will come to the US later on this summer…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
139. medicci37 (Posts: 1282; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
I don't think going from Exynos duel core to S4 is major. The US version should be quadcore. Quad was supposed to be out last fall & after all the bs I'm still waiting. The screen is larger. But pentile, with a lower ppi than Nexus. Except for the resolution, The screen on the non pentile, sg2 is better. On my Nexus, when the screen is supposed to be black, you can see plenty of discoloration. Looks Awful. & the 2011 Note (thats only 1/2 inch larger) has better resolution. Not to mention the design & 8mp cam. If Scamsung announced up front that the sg3 would have a S4 processor with 4.8 inch 720 pentile display & 8mp camera at 8.9 mm. I doubt they would have gotten anyware near this much coverage/hype.
3. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Get this phone to the U.S. as soon as possible before the iphone 4GS arrives...maybe some people with the iphone will wake up and realize that they can do better.
6. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Maybe you'll wake up and let people pick a phone they want in peace. Get past your work brainwashing.
21. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Wow, brainwashing is the goal of APPLE marketing...yeah, huh, Android provides a plethora of choices of phones while APPLE does not. Android's high end phones are shown to be better than APPLE's top phones. Heck, if it were not for their sales in CHINA, APPLE would be experiencing lower than expected sales.
Hey, my wife has the iphone and loves it. Yes, it does drive her crazy with the issues it has, and my kids complain of force closings of apps on their 3GS and ipods...but they still love their devices...for now.
26. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
iPhone is a choice let people choose it in peace. Why do you have to pro e to yourself android is better?
Oh yes it's because you ate up all the iPhone "positioning" statements your employer gave you.
29. PackMan (Posts: 277; Member since: 09 Mar 2012)
These people starting bashing Apple because of trolls like you,TheMiz, gallitoking, APPLE.ROYALLY etc.
45. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Really go to any website and read an Apple article. There's always a few android fanatics attacking Apple.
I rarely even post on android articles. Don't really care because iPhone fits my needs.
49. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
You obviously do care because you've been all over this product announcement.
52. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
It's the only thing they're posting about today and yes I was interested in what Samsung would offer since its the most hyped android phone.
60. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
So if there's a news post, you HAVE to comment on it?
Doesn't matter what your reasoning is. You give a Damn.
61. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
I just said I cared to see what Sansung had to offer. I'm not even disagreeing with you.
70. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Then you're contradicting the post I responded to in the first place.
114. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
TRUE WHY ISNT GALLITOKING BANNED.....
36. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
my employer has an iphone, although the majority of us have android now....60% Android 30% iphone...what are you talking about?
41. gallitoking (Posts: 4720; Member since: 17 May 2011)
he is talking about that Android is about having choices but have a problem when people pick a device that is not Android.. pick canbuy whatever they want... if a comopany advertises a product sucessfully why are u mad.. is about choices right.. let the people choose then
43. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
It does now but we know it didn't in the past
64. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Let's forget the past, and talk about now. Who knows, Apple market share might even jump after iPhone 5... Let's just talk about now.
Another now... I remember Samsung posting 1Q result being the number one phone seller.
68. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
That was one analyst guess. Another analyst said Apple won.
89. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
no.. it was 1 analysis From a no nothing site said apple won while EVERY other analyst said Samsung won by a large margin.
your just pathetic..
what happened to "wah wah everyone is trolling on apple articles .. I never troll android articles.. wah wah" that you were crying about earlier?
121. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
You're proving the less educated part daily.
126. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
people go after spelling when they have nothing of importance to say or contribute.
93. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Not talking about analyst here, talking about actual numbers. It's quite clear that Samsung won. 44 million to 37 million, it's a no brainer. 37 million is per Apple press release.
95. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Samsung didn't announce numbers so it was an analyst from one form that came up with the 44 million. That's just a guess. Another firm guessed Samsung shipped 32 million. Try reading the articles and then get back to me.
105. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
and another guessed 40 million SOLD vs apples 35 million SHIPPED. a detail you gleefully ignore. taco.. your just to pathetic to admit you lost
120. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Apple only reports sold. Please get your facts straight for once.
127. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
the articles that you linked to, all said SHIPPED for apple and SOLD for samsung.. hence the reason i stress it.
YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO READ.
115. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
I read the press info from Apple, which will be the most reliable for Apple's numbers. Apple announced selling 37.04 million phones in the last quarter.
I've also read IHC's report on 32 million Samsung to 35 million Apple, they didn't post any information or tracker to show how they get their numbers. Other than that, the report was posted on 4/26 before Samsung's Q1 financial report was announced. Without the announcement of Samsung Q1 financial report, how could IHC's report be close to the actual numbers?
While IDC which provided 42 million Samsung to 35 million Apple on 5/1 looks at everything from local vendors to import records, component supplies, quarterly financial report and the list goes on. Looking at the amount of sources they use for their estimate, I would say IDDC's number would be more corret. Comparing the report to actual numbers, the marginal error is off by about +/- 2 million and would still put Samsung on top.
Let's say if Apple posted 40 million in their press info, then it'll be most likely that Samsung lost. Unfortunately that's not the number that Apple posted.
128. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
brilliant. but you know he wont understand half of what you just said.