Samsung Galaxy S III release date is set for May 29th, June for USA
0. phoneArena posted on 03 May 2012, 13:51
The Samsung Galaxy S III release date is sooner rather than later - the S III will launch globally in May, and a 4G LTE version it will come to the US later on this summer…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. GALAXY-S posted on 03 May 2012, 14:05 7 3
AHH HELL YEA !! hopefully TMo has the Quadcore version then!!
22. solidsnakeduds013 posted on 03 May 2012, 14:19 2 2
WOOOOO QUAD CORE VERSION!!! TO ALL!! This has set the standard for smartphones from this day forward
50. sgtdisturbed47 posted on 03 May 2012, 14:47 2 0
Let's see what the benchmarks say. Specs on paper are one thing.
72. Nickmfnjackson posted on 03 May 2012, 15:32 3 0
I would cry from happiness if the world edition supports tmo 3g bands
85. remixfa posted on 03 May 2012, 16:01 3 1
you and me both.. that way on the off chance we get short changed with crapdragon again, I can just order an unlocked international. thats the only reason I didn't get the sgs2 international .. I can happily give up high end 4g, but in need at least 7.2mb 3g. I can't deal with edge.
2. ironmarc89 posted on 03 May 2012, 14:05 14 13
Take that Apple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET BACK TO THE F**KING DRAWING BOARD!!!
5. taco50 (banned) posted on 03 May 2012, 14:09 6 24
Enjoy your copycat phone. Now with "scloud" and "s voice" lol
11. dsDoan posted on 03 May 2012, 14:13 14 3
Because we all know that Apple invented voice commands. Oh wait. No, no they didn't.
15. hung2900 posted on 03 May 2012, 14:14 8 2
Poor taco. Svoice is only an improve of voice command.
16. networkdood posted on 03 May 2012, 14:14 6 1
Siri was not apple created...but purchased...
23. taco50 (banned) posted on 03 May 2012, 14:19 3 8
Android was not google created but purchased
28. Sniggly posted on 03 May 2012, 14:25 8 1
Google has been responsible for the vast majority of Android development. When's the last time Siri, the beta product, got an update? Apple did almost nothing with Siri except, according to the Woz, make it worse.
42. taco50 (banned) posted on 03 May 2012, 14:43 3 7
Siri got an update in March. So Apple has done zero development with Siri?
53. Sniggly posted on 03 May 2012, 14:51 6 1
My apologies. They added a language. I take it that being able to speak to Siri in Japanese has been incredibly useful for you, no?
113. TROLL posted on 03 May 2012, 18:38 0 1
Taco where are u uve dissapeared we all
shut u up again and again and again
33. gwuhua1984 posted on 03 May 2012, 14:29 1 2
Apple also bought the touchscreen technology and used it.
77. gwuhua1984 posted on 03 May 2012, 15:49 0 0
You got it wrong, Apple got one S on 4S...
19. chadrick0814 posted on 03 May 2012, 14:17 3 0
Apple invented the cloud and voice commands....that's news to me.
20. jdcxxx posted on 03 May 2012, 14:18 1 1
yes, Samsung has the same 3g connectivity and 3.5 in screen as the iPhone.
67. remixfa posted on 03 May 2012, 15:19 5 1
if his iPhone did half of what the sgs3 did he would die smiling. poor troll
.. here taco.. Here is more kool aid to keep you hydrated.
74. gallitoking posted on 03 May 2012, 15:41 3 9
so much for innovation.. SGSIII would not sell as the SGSII... is ok fandroids.. maybe next time..
9. WakaFlakaD posted on 03 May 2012, 14:11 4 4
Honesty, even though Apple used the same design for the second year, I found the design feel a little timeless. It doesn't seem to get old. I don't use a iPhone, just saying =)
87. remixfa posted on 03 May 2012, 16:07 3 3
lol that's probably because u dont use one every day. know matter how pretty something might be, eventually u get sick of looking at it every day
96. jcpwn2004 posted on 03 May 2012, 16:22 2 2
sigh you make us fans of android look bad. Nothing special about this phone, it's a nexus with a 8mp camera.
Cupertino is probably laughing right now.
104. remixfa posted on 03 May 2012, 17:44 2 2
its quite a bit more than a nexus with a bigger camera.
and cuppertino is the place where they sold the iPhone4 for 18 months and then started selling the EXACT same phone with voice recognition and an upgraded processor. that will always be the standard for lazy minimum upgrading by a company. the exynos sgs3 is a substantial upgrade in more ways than not
135. medicci37 posted on 04 May 2012, 11:40 1 0
As far as the hardware goes, what does it have that could be considered a major upgrade ?
137. remixfa posted on 04 May 2012, 16:00 0 2
you dont think a 50%+ upgrade in actual horsepower, + a half inch larger screen, + going from a low rez screen to the highest available is a major upgrade?
if you dont consider that a major upgrade,then there has never been a major upgrade on any phone yet.
139. medicci37 posted on 04 May 2012, 20:07 1 0
I don't think going from Exynos duel core to S4 is major. The US version should be quadcore. Quad was supposed to be out last fall & after all the bs I'm still waiting. The screen is larger. But pentile, with a lower ppi than Nexus. Except for the resolution, The screen on the non pentile, sg2 is better. On my Nexus, when the screen is supposed to be black, you can see plenty of discoloration. Looks Awful. & the 2011 Note (thats only 1/2 inch larger) has better resolution. Not to mention the design & 8mp cam. If Scamsung announced up front that the sg3 would have a S4 processor with 4.8 inch 720 pentile display & 8mp camera at 8.9 mm. I doubt they would have gotten anyware near this much coverage/hype.
3. networkdood posted on 03 May 2012, 14:08 4 5
Get this phone to the U.S. as soon as possible before the iphone 4GS arrives...maybe some people with the iphone will wake up and realize that they can do better.
6. taco50 (banned) posted on 03 May 2012, 14:10 3 17
Maybe you'll wake up and let people pick a phone they want in peace. Get past your work brainwashing.
21. networkdood posted on 03 May 2012, 14:18 1 1
Wow, brainwashing is the goal of APPLE marketing...yeah, huh, Android provides a plethora of choices of phones while APPLE does not. Android's high end phones are shown to be better than APPLE's top phones. Heck, if it were not for their sales in CHINA, APPLE would be experiencing lower than expected sales.
Hey, my wife has the iphone and loves it. Yes, it does drive her crazy with the issues it has, and my kids complain of force closings of apps on their 3GS and ipods...but they still love their devices...for now.
26. taco50 (banned) posted on 03 May 2012, 14:21 2 8
iPhone is a choice let people choose it in peace. Why do you have to pro e to yourself android is better?
Oh yes it's because you ate up all the iPhone "positioning" statements your employer gave you.
29. PackMan posted on 03 May 2012, 14:25 3 1
These people starting bashing Apple because of trolls like you,TheMiz, gallitoking, APPLE.ROYALLY etc.
34. gallitoking posted on 03 May 2012, 14:30 2 1
they were here when I came..
45. taco50 (banned) posted on 03 May 2012, 14:45 2 4
Really go to any website and read an Apple article. There's always a few android fanatics attacking Apple.
I rarely even post on android articles. Don't really care because iPhone fits my needs.
49. Sniggly posted on 03 May 2012, 14:47 3 1
You obviously do care because you've been all over this product announcement.
52. taco50 (banned) posted on 03 May 2012, 14:50 3 3
It's the only thing they're posting about today and yes I was interested in what Samsung would offer since its the most hyped android phone.
60. Sniggly posted on 03 May 2012, 14:58 2 1
So if there's a news post, you HAVE to comment on it?
Doesn't matter what your reasoning is. You give a Damn.
61. taco50 (banned) posted on 03 May 2012, 15:04 3 1
I just said I cared to see what Sansung had to offer. I'm not even disagreeing with you.
70. Sniggly posted on 03 May 2012, 15:30 1 2
Then you're contradicting the post I responded to in the first place.
114. TROLL posted on 03 May 2012, 18:43 0 1
TRUE WHY ISNT GALLITOKING BANNED.....
36. networkdood posted on 03 May 2012, 14:32 1 2
my employer has an iphone, although the majority of us have android now....60% Android 30% iphone...what are you talking about?
41. gallitoking posted on 03 May 2012, 14:42 4 1
he is talking about that Android is about having choices but have a problem when people pick a device that is not Android.. pick canbuy whatever they want... if a comopany advertises a product sucessfully why are u mad.. is about choices right.. let the people choose then
43. taco50 (banned) posted on 03 May 2012, 14:44 2 2
It does now but we know it didn't in the past
64. gwuhua1984 posted on 03 May 2012, 15:13 0 1
Let's forget the past, and talk about now. Who knows, Apple market share might even jump after iPhone 5... Let's just talk about now.
Another now... I remember Samsung posting 1Q result being the number one phone seller.
68. taco50 (banned) posted on 03 May 2012, 15:21 1 1
That was one analyst guess. Another analyst said Apple won.
89. remixfa posted on 03 May 2012, 16:12 2 1
no.. it was 1 analysis From a no nothing site said apple won while EVERY other analyst said Samsung won by a large margin.
your just pathetic..
what happened to "wah wah everyone is trolling on apple articles .. I never troll android articles.. wah wah" that you were crying about earlier?
121. taco50 (banned) posted on 03 May 2012, 19:55 1 2
You're proving the less educated part daily.
126. remixfa posted on 03 May 2012, 20:39 2 1
people go after spelling when they have nothing of importance to say or contribute.
93. gwuhua1984 posted on 03 May 2012, 16:16 0 1
Not talking about analyst here, talking about actual numbers. It's quite clear that Samsung won. 44 million to 37 million, it's a no brainer. 37 million is per Apple press release.
95. taco50 (banned) posted on 03 May 2012, 16:19 1 2
Samsung didn't announce numbers so it was an analyst from one form that came up with the 44 million. That's just a guess. Another firm guessed Samsung shipped 32 million. Try reading the articles and then get back to me.
105. remixfa posted on 03 May 2012, 17:51 2 1
and another guessed 40 million SOLD vs apples 35 million SHIPPED. a detail you gleefully ignore. taco.. your just to pathetic to admit you lost
120. taco50 (banned) posted on 03 May 2012, 19:48 1 2
Apple only reports sold. Please get your facts straight for once.
127. remixfa posted on 03 May 2012, 20:39 2 1
the articles that you linked to, all said SHIPPED for apple and SOLD for samsung.. hence the reason i stress it.
YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO READ.
115. gwuhua1984 posted on 03 May 2012, 18:45 2 0
I read the press info from Apple, which will be the most reliable for Apple's numbers. Apple announced selling 37.04 million phones in the last quarter.
I've also read IHC's report on 32 million Samsung to 35 million Apple, they didn't post any information or tracker to show how they get their numbers. Other than that, the report was posted on 4/26 before Samsung's Q1 financial report was announced. Without the announcement of Samsung Q1 financial report, how could IHC's report be close to the actual numbers?
While IDC which provided 42 million Samsung to 35 million Apple on 5/1 looks at everything from local vendors to import records, component supplies, quarterly financial report and the list goes on. Looking at the amount of sources they use for their estimate, I would say IDDC's number would be more corret. Comparing the report to actual numbers, the marginal error is off by about +/- 2 million and would still put Samsung on top.
Let's say if Apple posted 40 million in their press info, then it'll be most likely that Samsung lost. Unfortunately that's not the number that Apple posted.
128. remixfa posted on 03 May 2012, 20:40 1 1
brilliant. but you know he wont understand half of what you just said.
136. gwuhua1984 posted on 04 May 2012, 12:57 1 1
But I did shut him up...