Samsung Galaxy S III release date is set for May 29th, June for USA
0. phoneArena 03 May 2012, 13:51 posted on
The Samsung Galaxy S III release date is sooner rather than later - the S III will launch globally in May, and a 4G LTE version it will come to the US later on this summer…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. GALAXY-S (Posts: 701; Member since: 07 Jun 2011)
AHH HELL YEA !! hopefully TMo has the Quadcore version then!!
22. solidsnakeduds013 (Posts: 218; Member since: 20 Oct 2010)
WOOOOO QUAD CORE VERSION!!! TO ALL!! This has set the standard for smartphones from this day forward
50. sgtdisturbed47 (Posts: 587; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Let's see what the benchmarks say. Specs on paper are one thing.
72. Nickmfnjackson (Posts: 101; Member since: 21 Jan 2010)
I would cry from happiness if the world edition supports tmo 3g bands
85. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
you and me both.. that way on the off chance we get short changed with crapdragon again, I can just order an unlocked international. thats the only reason I didn't get the sgs2 international .. I can happily give up high end 4g, but in need at least 7.2mb 3g. I can't deal with edge.
2. ironmarc89 (Posts: 54; Member since: 22 Jan 2012)
Take that Apple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET BACK TO THE F**KING DRAWING BOARD!!!
5. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Enjoy your copycat phone. Now with "scloud" and "s voice" lol
11. dsDoan (Posts: 229; Member since: 28 Dec 2011)
Because we all know that Apple invented voice commands. Oh wait. No, no they didn't.
15. hung2900 (Posts: 956; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Poor taco. Svoice is only an improve of voice command.
16. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Siri was not apple created...but purchased...
23. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Android was not google created but purchased
28. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Google has been responsible for the vast majority of Android development. When's the last time Siri, the beta product, got an update? Apple did almost nothing with Siri except, according to the Woz, make it worse.
42. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Siri got an update in March. So Apple has done zero development with Siri?
53. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
My apologies. They added a language. I take it that being able to speak to Siri in Japanese has been incredibly useful for you, no?
113. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Taco where are u uve dissapeared we all
shut u up again and again and again
33. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Apple also bought the touchscreen technology and used it.
77. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
You got it wrong, Apple got one S on 4S...
19. chadrick0814 (Posts: 209; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
Apple invented the cloud and voice commands....that's news to me.
20. jdcxxx (Posts: 15; Member since: 14 Nov 2011)
yes, Samsung has the same 3g connectivity and 3.5 in screen as the iPhone.
35. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Are you green taco? You sound so.. niahahaha
67. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
if his iPhone did half of what the sgs3 did he would die smiling. poor troll
.. here taco.. Here is more kool aid to keep you hydrated.
74. gallitoking (Posts: 4720; Member since: 17 May 2011)
so much for innovation.. SGSIII would not sell as the SGSII... is ok fandroids.. maybe next time..
9. WakaFlakaD (Posts: 487; Member since: 30 Apr 2011)
Honesty, even though Apple used the same design for the second year, I found the design feel a little timeless. It doesn't seem to get old. I don't use a iPhone, just saying =)
87. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
lol that's probably because u dont use one every day. know matter how pretty something might be, eventually u get sick of looking at it every day
96. jcpwn2004 (Posts: 314; Member since: 18 Jan 2012)
sigh you make us fans of android look bad. Nothing special about this phone, it's a nexus with a 8mp camera.
Cupertino is probably laughing right now.
104. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
its quite a bit more than a nexus with a bigger camera.
and cuppertino is the place where they sold the iPhone4 for 18 months and then started selling the EXACT same phone with voice recognition and an upgraded processor. that will always be the standard for lazy minimum upgrading by a company. the exynos sgs3 is a substantial upgrade in more ways than not
135. medicci37 (Posts: 1282; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
As far as the hardware goes, what does it have that could be considered a major upgrade ?
137. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
you dont think a 50%+ upgrade in actual horsepower, + a half inch larger screen, + going from a low rez screen to the highest available is a major upgrade?
if you dont consider that a major upgrade,then there has never been a major upgrade on any phone yet.