Samsung Galaxy S III preorder at Amazon UK already falls to $809, US still keeps it at $899
0. phoneArena 08 May 2012, 09:17 posted on
Now Amazon UK has the phone for 499 pound sterling, down from 550 at most places. We bet that price will continue to slide down when the May 30 launch nears, so even right after its availability it won't be priced higher than the rest of the high-end Android competition, like the HTC One X, for example...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. viper_3005 (Posts: 17; Member since: 21 Feb 2012)
hey please help me .
should i wait for the s3 or should i buy something else now?
or wait for the A15 ?
3. a1000smiles4u (Posts: 84; Member since: 24 Apr 2012)
just wait till may 30
htc one x would come down by another 70-100 USD
A15 :O if u can wait till nov its worth waiting then :P
11. a1000smiles4u (Posts: 84; Member since: 24 Apr 2012)
Yea Razr hd
at least it would have good design
15. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1478; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
If you can wait you should at least till the first reviews are there just in case. I expect them to be good, but even though price will go down a bit when the phone is really available. So it is always worth to wait till then.
If you can't wait that much you can select the HTC one X or the S, depends mostly on how big you like the screens. I personally think 4.6" and over as too big as I use the phone with one hand most of the time.
The best camera probably goes to the Sony Xperia S though.
Don't wait for the A15, as no one knows as yet of any phone with an A15 even in the way, so you can end up waiting till next year.
2. a1000smiles4u (Posts: 84; Member since: 24 Apr 2012)
some where around 700 USD is acceptable otherwise Samsung is creating a market for HTC ONE X
4. tward291 (Posts: 559; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
lol silly sammy 899.99 thats 200 less than my rent fu8k that
5. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
HTC One X have cheap plastic case, no removable battery, no microSD slot and only 16gb internal memory. My best choice is Galaxy S3 no other Android phone can match.
6. a1000smiles4u (Posts: 84; Member since: 24 Apr 2012)
do u understand what polycarbonate is ?
do u understand what Li-polymer cell is ?
do u understand what 32gb is ?
21. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
polycarbonate is plastic but is seen as a more ''premium'' plastic and for some wiered reason at&t have made the one x 16gb which is ridiculous as there is no sd slot...with 32gb that makes sense as 32gb is plenty...i have the s2 with 16gb built in and 16gb sd card which i have yet come to fill,think i have used about 18gb
23. gsmarena_ (banned) (Posts: 1; Member since: 08 May 2012)
LOL to you also
there is no capacity difference and life span difference with li-po and li-on so there is no advantage.
7. Juan_Gomez (Posts: 11; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
I completely agree. I hate how people directly compare the S3 to the HTC One X. There are such obvious differences between the two.
17. medicci37 (Posts: 1184; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
People compare them, cause they are the 2 most powerful & talked about Android phones right now.
24. wendygarett (unregistered)
So you rather pay extra 16gb microSD to compare with international oneX?
I wonder why US so love the microSD? Is it free in US? lol
If not it would cost more than $900 to buy...
13. rg987 (Posts: 130; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
all shud wait for SONY HAYABUSA and MINT I.....
or for a GALAXY S3 PLUS........a rumor says that GS3+ will have a HD Superamoled plus screen and more ram than in s3............rest of the specs r same(i found this news at google news for android)
14. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Damn our U.S. exchange rate. I'm buying the SONY iON it's sexeir looking than this.
16. PimpStrong (Posts: 310; Member since: 25 Jul 2011)
Everybody complaining about the price realizes that the USD aint worth a damn anymore right?
10 years ago I would get change back if I bought that phone for 499GBP. Now, I better bring $1.61 if I want to buy a £1.00 cheeseburger.
Not too long ago, a £499 phone would cost about $499...
18. crysiswarmonger (Posts: 78; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
And I walked up hill both ways to school.... darn whipersnappers.
20. sinfiery (Posts: 19; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
Not to long ago when the Euro was first created, and price discovery didn't have time to work it's magic.
Unsuprisingly., after a short period of time there was a radical shift and the Euro has been bouncing around at that price ever since.
Also 1 Euro = 1.2996 USD
Not to mention recent trends in the exchange rate showing a damn strong dollar, especially relative to the Euro.
As for the GBP, go look at the 2004 conversion rate versus that of 2012.
1 usd = .5487 GBP in 04 and today's rate:1 usd = .6189 GBP
In conclusion, stop making s**t up.
19. Iphone4 (unregistered)
wait for two months you will be able to buy on ebay for £325 in uk
22. GeekMovement (Posts: 2109; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Announce the US variants! I can't wait to see what Sprint gets.