Samsung Galaxy S III mini visits FCC to stir up rumors of U.S. launch
The 4 inch WVGA Super AMOLED screen is closer to the display on the Samsung Galaxy S II while the dual-core 1GHz NovaThor processor is so last year. We won't even get into the 5MP camera on back. Still, there is demand for a 4 inch phone like this in Europe, according to Samsung, and the lack of 4G LTE connectivity would really seem to make this a hard sell in the states.
Priced at 439 EUR ($568 USD), the FCC sign-off does leave a crack in the door for a future U.S. version of the Samsung Galaxy S III mini to be sold.
source: FCC via Engadget
2. Mark.J.Linskiy (unregistered)
I'm not too sure about this, but I am indeed happy with my Galaxy S III.
3. redmd (Posts: 884; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
some people just really want a 4 inch phone. they don't feel the need for more screen estate. but I so wish we have a high end 4 inch phone.
4. DeviantDroid (Posts: 51; Member since: 28 Apr 2011)
I think that spot is kinda losely held by the Droid Incredible 4g.... Maybe.... Possibly....
5. Ravail (Posts: 181; Member since: 14 Oct 2011)
There is NO reason why this cannot have LTE in it.. Disappointed.
6. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6428; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I haven't even gotten my SG III yet may I'll buy the mini SG
8. PhansMuneeb (Posts: 347; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
568$ = 30k. Thnx i will get SGS Advance for 20k
9. angelesmec (unregistered)
I hope Galaxy S Advance with almost the same specs gets updated soon after the launch of Galaxy S III Mini..
10. bubbadoes (Posts: 327; Member since: 03 May 2012)
dont know why samsung thinks the gs3 needs a lil sister...leave the miniS to Apple....