Samsung Galaxy S III meets gravity, Gorilla Glass 2 display suffers the consequences
0. phoneArena posted on 28 May 2012, 03:08
Gorilla Glass 2 is not indestructible, as a Samsung Galaxy S III owner found out just recently. And he found it out the hard way, unfortunately, after his smartphone fell out of his pocket face-down. The result is well visible at the photo that we have here...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
47. bagusprasojo88 posted on 28 May 2012, 10:57 0 0
Sammy should learn this from Nokia *throw Nokia Lumia to Sammy CEO*
48. remixfa posted on 28 May 2012, 12:04 0 0
it always depends on how its dropped. face down is a killer. gorilla glass is way more resistant to breaks than glass but its not impenetrable.
as aways get a case to help reduce vibration and get the insurance ..its worth it on a super expensive phone.
49. grif_ posted on 28 May 2012, 12:09 1 2
I'm sure this person purposefully damaged that phone.
54. jeroome86 posted on 28 May 2012, 15:02 1 0
Big believer in a case. See alot of people go without. Particularly iPhones. That's a one dropper for sure.
68. AbuNur07 posted on 29 May 2012, 17:12 0 0
i dropped my 4s several times! sold that bad boy to get this monster!
59. nb2six posted on 28 May 2012, 16:25 1 0
Love how people think scratch resistance means unbreakable..
63. Galen20K posted on 28 May 2012, 19:04 0 0
I think its all in luck, if it hits it at just the right angle it "can" but wont always shatter. I was just at a party last week and this guy dropped his Galaxy S2 directly face down on concrete and I winced but when he picked it up, not a scratch or even a smudge. Now THAT was Luck!
64. ilia1986 posted on 28 May 2012, 23:19 0 0
And that's why you get a CASE for your smartphone. In order to protect the phone against falls.
69. art.civileng posted on 30 May 2012, 10:14 0 1
Hey guys.. haven't you notice that there are cracks near the metallic grille, front cam and sensor. there are cracks also in the sides.
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't these parts of the phone made of plastic?
Why do they crack like glass..
In my opinion the photo is a BIG FAKE!
73. Daydaym15 posted on 08 Dec 2012, 11:43 0 1
Well now if u break your screen dat radioshack they fix screens it starts at 67 dollars and get it the next day