Samsung Galaxy S III may not have quad-core in the US models
0. phoneArena 03 May 2012, 16:48 posted on
This is something we've heard a number of times before with various devices, but it seems that the Samsung Galaxy S III may not have the same quad-core Exynos processor in the US and Japanese variants that it will have in the model launching in May...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Birds (Posts: 1086; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
That is because it is getting the A-15 dual core Exynos clocked at 1.8 Gigahertz. lol Can't hate a kid for wishing.
2. gallitoking (Posts: 4701; Member since: 17 May 2011)
well at least those exynos will be available for the next iphone
3. Commentator (Posts: 2644; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
The iPhone most likely won't be using an Exynos processor. Apple has taken to designing its own chips over the last few years. As long as they use Samsung to manufacture the A6 (or whatever it's called) i'm sure it will make the next iPhone fly, especially with its 32nm and A15.
13. remixfa (Posts: 14252; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
that's not correct ..apple bought the company that Samsung liscenced the exynos design from. the s4 and A15 processors are literally rebranded hummingbirds and exynos with a different gpu. there won't be any real split between the 2 until the A6/ exynos.5250 at the earliest
as it stands now the rumors point to apple using the new.exynos 4212 32nm chip and doing its normal Rebranding and gpu switch.
9. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4155; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Does that mean you think there won't be LTE for the next iPhone?
16. JGuinan007 (Posts: 647; Member since: 19 May 2011)
The Next Iphone for north America will have LTE I doubt the carriers would get the next Iphone if it didn't have LTE
4. virparam01 (Posts: 17; Member since: 04 Mar 2012)
So PA is kinda isheep thing...dont mind it but chked GSMA,Techradar and couple more sites and they all are telling a different story about benchmarks of Gs3.......
17. ngo2dd (Posts: 896; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
PA did not read the Benchmark test. They reported from engadget.
5. rockstarlive (Posts: 307; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I still think its a win win. The One x is really fast. I wonder how fast the SIII will be.
7. GeekMovement (Posts: 1835; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Woah... Exynos 5 series would definitely have me buy the SGSIII in a heartbeat. Too bad chances are it won't come to the III sad.
8. theBankRobber (Posts: 649; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Wasn't there videos of the HTC one X that show it lagging?
10. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4155; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
There was a comparison between the global One X and the AT&T One X (which is running the S4) but that was fake. Otherwise, I don't think there is any video like that.
11. Artex (Posts: 7; Member since: 29 Jan 2012)
come on why does this always happen in the US? why can't they just make quad core
14. dok2005 (Posts: 55; Member since: 18 Apr 2012)
because quad core right now doesnt play nice with lte but u can buy a gobal mode and use it on either att or tmobile if u want a quad core that bad even though so far compared to s4 the quad core are ok well more exact exynos is on par with s4 and nivida just sucks in comparsion
12. rd_nest (Posts: 1054; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
18. ngo2dd (Posts: 896; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
And only two out of all the test the SGS3 did all that much better. In some case they lost to the S4 or the T3. So what are to trying to prove?
15. yougotkilled1 (Posts: 167; Member since: 27 Apr 2011)
I thought so. The exynos in the S2 didn't even get put in the LTE devices like the skyrocket. Unless the 5 series decides to come out sometime this month, the SGS3 could be powered by a S4 processor.
19. JcHnd (Posts: 81; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Too bad for the US... I guess here is coming in quad-core... we dont have LTE yet...
20. BattleBrat (Posts: 1218; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
The carriers push 4g so hard, but then offer no unlimited or unlimited with strings attached. I would rather have a dead solid 3g phone with a smoking processor than limited processor handset with 4g and 4g monthly plan. And to be honest, I haven't broken 1gb on my unlimited verizon plan with my RAZR in over 3 months. I generally use wifi.
22. Jessi_rainbowcandy (Posts: 1; Member since: 03 May 2012)
Does anyone know if there's going to be an SIII for Sprint within the year? I love the phone but I'm not going to change my plan just to have that phone...
23. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4155; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
There's one thumbs down on every comment... Someones mad
24. JcHnd (Posts: 81; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
or maybe is just plain dumb... or a troll... anything can happen!