Samsung Galaxy S III made by 75,000 workers; phone is the fastest selling gadget of all-time
0. phoneArena 19 May 2012, 15:30 posted on
Right now, 75,000 people are busy at work putting together the Samsung Galaxy S III and with 9 million units pre-ordered, this is going to keep each and every one of them busy for some time; using info from Samsung and Apple ExtremeTech.com gets to the 75,000 figure...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
4. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Talking about manufacturing:
!!!SCANDALOUS TRUTH ABOUT APPLE AND MANUFACTURING THEIR DEVICES!!!
=O7mvIrPMctY(Watch in HD)
For those who don't understand in Russian, there is English subtitles!
48. abdane (Posts: 491; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
um... shouldn't the S3 sales by now WITH the us market be 19 million ??? because 9 million without the US, and a read a post before announcing the GS3 that USA already preordered 10 million of the GS3... so with US it could have sold 19 million :)
46. Android2627 (Posts: 28; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
Apple Has Workers Who Get Less Paid and Samsung Pays More to Workers then also Apple sells its product at more Cost :O Cheater's
36. E.N. (Posts: 2577; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
"Samsung Electronics Co has received some 9 million pre-orders for its third-generation Galaxy S smartphone from more than 100 global carriers, the Korea Economic Daily reported on Friday"
The key word here is carriers, and not customers. That's a HUGE difference. Each carrier has their own pre-orders of the smartphone, but whether all the pre-orders from all the carriers totaled to 9,000,000 is questionable. They probably ordered much much more than what was pre-ordered. Some carriers are even just starting pre-orders. The pricing in some carriers are not even revealed yet. doesn't make sense.
Also Samsung already denied the comment made by "an anonymous Samsung official" that they were manufacturing the phone at maximum capacity producing 5 million phones per month. If they had been producing 5 million phones a month, they would have to have been producing smartphones since March. And we haven't even considered in store sales at this point. If Samsung plans to have any SGIIIs in any stores at all, you should double time because that means they have another batch of SGIIIs ready to send to the retailers. Also, Since they denied they were making 5 million/month, then that throws the production date to much much earlier towards the beginning of the year. Very unlikely.
The SGIII is going to be a great device no doubt, but still......
49. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
agreed, number is a bit off, but maybe they sell a much reasonable number and beat smartphone records
51. dickwyn (Posts: 603; Member since: 07 May 2012)
you do make sense. 9 million from CARRIERS and not people
55. ph00ny (Posts: 796; Member since: 26 May 2011)
And how do you suppose samsung sell directly to their customers without direct sales ability?
58. dickwyn (Posts: 603; Member since: 07 May 2012)
sell it in their stores like apple does or ask customers to directly pre-order their phone from them. it is not like all countries count on carrier phones, i live in asia and most people prefer to buy unlocked phones sim-free. finally i bet samsung have more authorised shops than apple do around the globe
62. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Samsung has barely any shops outside of korea. I think apple actually has more direct shops.
67. manzl (Posts: 24; Member since: 04 Oct 2011)
i think ur wrong ...samsung do have more stores than apple worldwide..
50. E.N. (Posts: 2577; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
we don't know whether or not it'll be called the iPhone 5 or 6. Technically it should be called the iPhone 6 because its the 6th iPhone (iPhone 4 was the 4th iPhone), but if for some reason they need to hit all the numbers it may be called the iPhone 5 (iPhone 5 sounds a bit better too).
59. dickwyn (Posts: 603; Member since: 07 May 2012)
yea its not fair. must wait till the next iphone sales then we start talking. i am pretty sure that the iphone sales this quarter will go down to the ground
5. JDCohen722 (Posts: 39; Member since: 18 May 2011)
I need to tell you guys I honestly don't believe that 9 million sales figure, I know the Galaxy S III is REALLY POPULAR, the whole Galaxy Series never mind. But I was told by the Head of Mobile Product and Business Solutions at Samsung, Paulo Ferreira. Over the phone that they had sold 15 million Galaxy S III preorders, then literally a few hours later I saw the post about 9 million. So obviously someones got some weird calculations over at Samsung...
7. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
I agree it doesn't seem plausible, however it's very impressive if true. If Samsung sells even half that on pre orders they're doing really well.
60. dickwyn (Posts: 603; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Isn't that guy a football player from Chelsea
6. Jericho (Posts: 302; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
How much did iphone 4s sold in its pre-orders?
Not trollin just askin.
9. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
It sold about 4 million opening weekend
19. twenti7 (Posts: 152; Member since: 09 Jul 2011)
Hey guys I've got a great idea! Let's all thumb-down the fanboy because he answered a question with factual information!
In all seriousness tho, I am looking forward to seeing how the Galaxy S III stacks up to both the iPhone's 4s and iPhone XX in terms of sales.
31. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4201; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Why do you have so many thumbs down just by answering a question? Some of the people here are ridiculous.
40. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
U must be new here.... apple fans users all ways
Gets thumb down.. .... looks like u are... . Do u ever teas his threads.
52. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4201; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I'm not that new, I created an account a couple months ago, but I was lurking a bit before that. I have read his posts, and yes some, if not most, were unreasonable. But still, he just answered a question. It's not like he was bragging about the sales like he has before, someone asked, so he answered without any hint of trolling. If he's being civil, I say be civil to him. If you think otherwise, then you're just as unreasonable as he was.
70. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
a thumbs up from me. True said.....
44. Doakie (Posts: 1689; Member since: 06 May 2009)
We're really all just thumbs downing Taco because we all don't like him. He could one day praise Android and the most zealous Android fanboy would still thumbs down him for his past comments. Lol. Just like Anonymous, We never forget.
71. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
In other words fandroids use the thumbdown button as their toy and and not based on its comments itself... thats pretty dumb.. but not surprise
75. E.N. (Posts: 2577; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Oh my gosh, what's up with all the we we we i.e. "we never forget". I swear Android is the new cult. Slightly scary
45. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Wow, factual information?? Who would have thought?
27. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
so Apple pay is low to workers. they love sucking blood out ov human and underpay them..... how sick sad company Apple is..... mmm knowing that really apple a company itself are were born greedy.
8. shnibz (Posts: 193; Member since: 18 Sep 2011)
Gonna be a GREAT phone!....but a little to big and a bit ugly for my taste
32. E.N. (Posts: 2577; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
if this phone had a more premium feel unlike all the other samsung phones and didn't have its goofy/plain design, it probably would have done even better.
It's kinda weird though because last week many agreed that this phone was slightly a disappointment. lol, to each his own i guess.
10. paulyyd (Posts: 329; Member since: 08 Jan 2011)
Yea, didn't the iPhone 4s per order reach a pretty large number?
11. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Man look at that pay discrepancy. Ethics vs slavery.
30. Mozarrt (Posts: 297; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
You do realize Korea is a first world nation and China isn't it. This has absolutely nothing to do about ethics and slavery.
38. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
sorry but facts aren't remix's strong suit
42. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
That recalls me ov
Taco is a ifan
APPLE-ROYALLY™ is way above him........
65. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
every time you use that as a come back, your completely wrong and have no argument, which is why you resort to idiotic insults that have no basis in reality.
Isnt it time for you to run along with your tail between your legs like you do every time you've been proven wrong? (which is daily)
66. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
You just used no argument and instead resulted to personal attacks as usual.
Ironic don't you think?
53. dsDoan (Posts: 226; Member since: 28 Dec 2011)
An American company (Apple) is outsourcing, because China's labor is cheaper, while our own nation's manufacturing is suffering.
Sounds like bad ethics to me.
64. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Most of Samsungs factories are in the phillipines, which is not a 1st world country, and still pays double and triple what apple pays... with benefits like health care and paid vacations. 2 things you will not likely ever see at an apple-foxconn plant.
68. manzl (Posts: 24; Member since: 04 Oct 2011)
yes it does...apple is an american company so it has to pay what amt it pays for us citizen same to chinese ..instead they are using slavery and pay cut to chinese people...
56. ph00ny (Posts: 796; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Ironically, Samsung actually has a fab in texas to build parts for Apple.
12. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Um..wait..fastest selling gadget of all time?
THIS IS HUGE!
I thought no phone can come close to iphone, and now we have a single android topping even the iphone4S pre-orders?!!?
Wow, just wow. An incredible upset there.
For the first time in history, one android phone will outsell the iphone in the quarter.
(i'm figuring the SGSIII should go to about 30 million in the period vs around 25million 4S's)
13. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
um..wait no.2, lol..if kinect is the previous fastest selling gadget(8 million in 60 days), what about the iphone 4s and it's 30+ million in 90 days?
iphone is still untouchable, i'm afraid
14. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
The iphone sold less than 5 million launch weekend. The SGS3 hasnt even launched yet, this is just preorders and its already at almost 10 million. If the enthusiasm keeps up for 90 days, its going to be well more than 30 million.
Before anyone starts any flame wars, let the phone actually launch first.. lol
28. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
obviously your comparing mainstream basic fashion vs uniqueness....
17. jcpwn2004 (Posts: 314; Member since: 18 Jan 2012)
it's pretty amazing considering the iphone (iOS) only has to compete against itself, while samsung has to compete against hundreds of android phones.
18. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Good logic there buddy. iPhone doesn't compete with android????
22. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
he is making the same point we have tried to get you to understand for years concerning single device sales. the top iphone has no competition.. if you want the top iphone, you have one choice. the top android phone has competition from all angles within android to split sales with, on top of competition from outside the OS. There is much more competition for an android sale than there is for an iOS sale.
If these numbers are true, they are nothing short of remarkable. I knew the iphone's single device sales fanboy bulletpoint would be overtaken soon, but I didnt think it would happen just yet. I figured it would be the SGS4, so surprise surprise if the sales hold up for the SGS3.
24. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
your response reminds me that you have no idea what logic actually is.
33. leftheodo (Posts: 81; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
Can you please answer me one simple question? If i was an iOS fan and i wanted to buy an iOS smartphone, what choices would I have?
Cause I'm an Android fan and every time I want to buy a new high end smartphone I have at least 6 or 7 different devices to choose from! This is LOGIC!