Samsung Galaxy S III is gaining on the Apple iPhone 5 in mobile web usage
0. phoneArena posted on 15 Feb 2013, 23:15
According to Chitika's mobile ad network, the Samsung Galaxy S III is gaining on the Apple iPhone 5 in terms of mobile web usage with only two percentage points separating the two handsets; overall, the Apple iPhone 5 controls 6.6% of the mobile web market compared to the 6.3% owned by its rival...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. nikenturd (unregistered) posted on 15 Feb 2013, 23:27 19 0
Sue 'em Apple for being so competitive lololol
25. SitiHardiyantiRukmana posted on 16 Feb 2013, 09:35 2 0
This is the time for Apple to PANIC....
5. jcpwn2004 posted on 15 Feb 2013, 23:34 7 1
wow that's crazy, I knew the gs3 was selling well but not that it was almost equal with the iphone 5 in north america.
12. blingblingthing posted on 16 Feb 2013, 06:05 7 0
As a customer, I am happy for the price drop. You must be some mad shareholder.
17. Mxyzptlk posted on 16 Feb 2013, 07:49 1 10
People are just waiting on the next iPhone. That's why the stats are skewed.
26. SitiHardiyantiRukmana posted on 16 Feb 2013, 09:36 3 0
all the iphone owner (except you) already moving on....
they already using samsung galaxy s3 or Note2...
and sone... Sony Xperia Z.
bye2 Mxyzptlk.... none of your friend ask you to join them in samsung world
28. Berzerk000 posted on 16 Feb 2013, 10:59 2 1
You said that exact same thing about 6 months ago. People are still waiting I guess, huh?
29. jroc74 posted on 16 Feb 2013, 11:06 1 0
And it will be a never ending cycle. Cuz when that happens....when the next Galaxy S high end phone is on its way to release date...many ppl will be waiting for that too.
31. protozeloz posted on 16 Feb 2013, 13:27 2 0
Dude there aren't even good rumors about it.... People aren't waiting
35. rusticguy posted on 16 Feb 2013, 15:12 1 0
No. After that security hole in 6.1.1 All Apple users are really waiting for fix before they start accessing web again :)
23. frydaexiii posted on 16 Feb 2013, 08:56 3 2
Aww, don't be mad that Apple cares more about getting money than actually getting their products into customers hands. Seriously, Apple fanboys are the only ones who find price drops bad just because they don't get any.
39. gallitoking posted on 17 Feb 2013, 01:09 2 2
what I dont get is that if every Android device has a price drop right after launch day.. why did they keep piling up to get it launch day?
ps..never said that price drop a wrong thing..
30. jroc74 posted on 16 Feb 2013, 11:08 1 0
Also eans ppl are getting an amazing phone at a really good price too. I wish the same could be said for rent or mortgages...car notes....
Mortgages and car notes kinda are right now....apt rent isnt.
32. protozeloz posted on 16 Feb 2013, 13:28 0 0
Yeah just like the $50 discounts on the iPhone
34. rusticguy posted on 16 Feb 2013, 15:10 0 0
Yea some companies tend to be perpetual parasites ... i am happy i am not being sucked by one of those :)
42. rusticguy posted on 17 Feb 2013, 13:12 0 0
Nope i don't buy Apple crap.
8. GALAXY-STORM posted on 16 Feb 2013, 01:28 3 0
Battle between these two remind me of goku vs vegeta from dbz....lol. its like no one gives up.
14. fanboy1974 posted on 16 Feb 2013, 06:28 3 0
I know Samsung is the king of Android but I want HTC, Motorola, Samsung, Sony and LG to all do equally well. You can't count on one player to win a championship each year. Since we can't count on Apple, WP and BB to bring the pain each and every time we got to look in house for competition. As Android users we got to band together and understand that Samsung vs Apple is not the real battle; it's Android vs Apple. It's harder for Apple to kill a 5 headed snake than a 1 headed one.
Apple fanboz take pride in having these leads but it means nothing when you have only 20% of the total market.
From a Samsung Note 2 owner!
21. proto posted on 16 Feb 2013, 08:10 1 1
and i want to Apple, Samsung, HTC, Motorola, Sony, LG, BlackBerry, Nokia do equally well..I like competition between all manufacturers. It's good for me as customer.
27. fanboy1974 posted on 16 Feb 2013, 10:55 0 0
I'm giving up on Apple. If they're serious about competition we wouldn't be talking about how stale iOS has become and a screen bump that was meaningless after a major refresh. Nokia is in bed with Microsoft and will not make the logical move to Android. And BB is near death with obvious flaws in their fresh OS.
A 4.8 to 5 inch 1080p iPhone with redesigned iOS would make a lot of Android people turn to Apple. But their not willing to even try and rather sale incremental updates to i$heap. And people wonder why Samsung is doing so good.
33. protozeloz posted on 16 Feb 2013, 13:30 2 0
Your name has proto on it, be prepared to get a letter from my lawyer
36. atsamman posted on 16 Feb 2013, 15:50 0 0
Iphone users only use the iphones to facebook taking pics and lesten to music and they cant even do that any more since they put headphone jack on the bottom so yeah no surprise!
41. networkdood posted on 17 Feb 2013, 07:39 0 0
Again, why another article on mobile usage? P.A. likes to beat a dead horse...
43. grandmaz posted on 17 Feb 2013, 14:32 0 0
I'm due for an upgrade soon. My decision will be an android phone, probably the SG s3. I will not be buying IPhone 5. It is too small. It has some issues with the new software upgrade, the battery drains at night, there is a security flaw that enables hackers to get the password, and it does not have NFC. Wozniak said it---the iPhone is behind. I don't want to wait for the next iPhone, 'cause who knows when that will be? I need an up to date phone now.