Samsung Galaxy S III image allegedly appears on leaked slide
0. phoneArena posted on 10 Oct 2011, 15:22
We've already heard from someone who claims to have seen slides with the specs for the Samsung Galaxy S III, now we have a picture of a leaked slide that purportedly claims to show an image of the Samsung Galaxy S III and some specs...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
7. Yeeee posted on 10 Oct 2011, 15:40 8 0
It looks ugly but the specs are nice. No one should wait for this unless their contract gets out at that time
9. AhmadAlsayegh posted on 10 Oct 2011, 15:57 2 0
for a next year device, not that nice....by the end of this year we are supposed to be having the Kal-El
18. ltr (unregistered) posted on 10 Oct 2011, 17:56 3 0
I say its fake...
why keep it at Dual core when you can go Quad core.
The slide doesnt even look like its made very well either, samsung wouldnt do that.
30. shayan posted on 10 Oct 2011, 23:58 1 0
yeah its fake.
aside from the wrong specs of glaxy S, I feel that the aspect ratio of SIII is not 16:9 or 16:10. which an HD screen should have.( well at least Im sure samsung would make their AMOLED HD with that aspect ratio.)
AND, I think the picture pf galaxy S III is nothing but a fogy picture of a samsung WAVE. or WAVE 2.
3. Sniggly posted on 10 Oct 2011, 15:29 1 1
I'm reserving judgment on the veracity of the image for now, but if it's real then it looks cool. I wish it was clearer though.
5. taz89 posted on 10 Oct 2011, 15:33 1 0
i say fake....copying is spelt copiying and also also the specs for the original galaxy s is wrong,it says shipping with exynos which is not true as only gs2 is carrying exynos......100% fake
4. Quist (unregistered) posted on 10 Oct 2011, 15:30 1 0
Hope this is true, but really, how likely is it that a professional slide, even in-house, would misspell "copying"?
6. Droid_X_Doug posted on 10 Oct 2011, 15:33 0 0
The GSII is barely starting sales in the U.S. and already the GSIII is being flogged. I just hope the GSIII gets released in the U.S. sooner than the GSII did. 1 month-ish before obsolescence is kinda sucky.
8. tech-head posted on 10 Oct 2011, 15:51 0 0
Why do these tech sites post fake, non-credible news?
11. willardcw4 posted on 10 Oct 2011, 16:01 0 0
Galaxy S didn't have an Exynos like the slide says =\
Also Engadget is calling it a fake:
20. radukr posted on 10 Oct 2011, 18:56 2 0
No.. there is naming pattern for OLED display and SMAOLED+ HD is there.
Using pentile RGBG(2 pixel) for higher density par yield rate
AMOLED+ (Galaxy A, U, K, before Galaxy S1)
Remove air gap between touchpanel and display
SAMOLED (Galaxy S1)
Touchpanel implanted on display
SAMOLED+ (Galaxy S2)
Using normal RGB(1 pixel) instead of pentile matrix
SAMOLED HD (Galaxy Note, LTE HD, Galaxy Nexus)
Back to pentile matrix to make pixel density really high
SAMOLED+ HD (Not released but obviously to come)
12. warlockz posted on 10 Oct 2011, 16:05 0 0
This Nexus Prime needs to be released already or make an announcement of a release date. If not might just settle with an iphone 4s at least you know Apple will release one every year so one can forcast their contracts a lot more efficient. And worse case I will grab sg3 when its released in the states.
13. GALAXY-S posted on 10 Oct 2011, 16:28 1 1
FAke.. but if it were true , its way to soon for galaxy s3 !!
14. Brian L (unregistered) posted on 10 Oct 2011, 16:30 0 0
There is ABSOLUTELY no way that this is real.
16. kkk (unregistered) posted on 10 Oct 2011, 16:54 0 0
This is some serious s**t!!!!!
17. m&m (unregistered) posted on 10 Oct 2011, 17:00 2 0
doesn't it look like the phone that was allegedly the nexus prime in that leaked video where the person is showing off ics.
19. radukr posted on 10 Oct 2011, 18:43 1 0
You know.. Samsung is Korean company (of course thousands of Korean engineers, and Korean board members) and most internal discussions/presentations are proceed over Korean language unless those are announcement for foreign market.
This slide could be presentation for some U.S. carrier but pretty unreliable quality same as previous leaks about Galaxy S2. And GS3 device looks darn horrible.
21. SomeGuy (unregistered) posted on 10 Oct 2011, 19:14 0 0
Looks like the Samsung Gem, which was a piece... However, those specs are incredible.
What games or applications would require specs like those?
23. remixfa posted on 10 Oct 2011, 19:26 2 0
wow, rumor mongering at its worst. That thing is so fake and poorly made its not funny. whats next, crayon drawings on the side of a cardboard box being pushed off as "credible rumors"?? lol
24. iKingTrust (banned) posted on 10 Oct 2011, 20:08 2 0
Didn't they just make a phone like yesterday?
27. Forsaken77 posted on 10 Oct 2011, 21:26 0 0
Yea... the GS2 just came out...HERE. But the phone is about 8 months old. So a new GS3 phone should be making an appearance, at least on the global market, very shortly.
28. applefucker (unregistered) posted on 10 Oct 2011, 23:48 0 1
i will f**k samsung now
29. nokiafucker (unregistered) posted on 10 Oct 2011, 23:49 0 1
i will f**k motorola now
32. Sammy345 (unregistered) posted on 11 Oct 2011, 02:40 0 0
Samsung just developed the 1.5 Ghz chip and 16 megapixel camera weeks ago.