Samsung Galaxy S III hands-on is out
0. phoneArena posted on 03 May 2012, 14:44
The Samsung Galaxy S III is out and it’s a treat with a quad-core Exynos processor, a gorgeous 4.8-inch HD Super AMOLED display and an 8-megapixel camera…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
54. CivicSi89 posted on 03 May 2012, 18:24 4 0
I wonder who gave me all the thumbs down? i didnt say anything bad! And yea same here. Im getting it as well!
3. alan_1230 posted on 03 May 2012, 14:50 6 5
such a good phone can't wait to get the white phone im a dude and what looks elegant in white:)
14. ananya22 posted on 03 May 2012, 14:58 10 7
i am a htc fan like you brother but you have to admit you're wrong
49. Lucas777 posted on 03 May 2012, 16:32 2 1
i agree as far as looks... i prefer the look of the one x much more... the shape of the III just doesnt look like a commanding phone.. too bubbly or something
50. GALAXY-S posted on 03 May 2012, 16:35 7 0
The one x is nice but that sense kills it! and also that it doesnt have external SD or removabel battery oh and heavier too! Oh yea and pain in the ass when trying to root or change roms on HTC phones!
The s3 stands up to its name Its better than all other out there
8. md227a posted on 03 May 2012, 14:54 10 2
I might just go back to HTC and get the one X, the GS3 interface just isnt doing it for me. A few cool features like direct call and the S bean but thats about it.
9. rallyguy posted on 03 May 2012, 14:55 5 1
So is this screen better than the SG2 Super AMOLED plus?
10. DIYguy posted on 03 May 2012, 14:56 2 0
It's nice to see that manufacturers are aiming for "humanity" etc.
11. ty1827 posted on 03 May 2012, 14:56 5 1
At first, I felt a little bit disappointed, but now I begin to love it :D
13. Zumo911 posted on 03 May 2012, 14:57 2 0
so the US version will have the exynos chip instead of the s4 right?
15. adjou posted on 03 May 2012, 14:59 3 0
How is that alarm going to wake me up... Soothing sound is just going send me back to sleep
18. tedkord posted on 03 May 2012, 15:05 3 1
If its android, you can just put your own alarm sounds on the sd card.
16. tedkord posted on 03 May 2012, 15:05 4 0
That was a silly video. "Inspired by nature. Infused with human emotion." I mean, nice liking phone, and looks so smoooooooth. But, the guy reading that copy was very stiff, and the dialogue was ridiculous.
Now, the direct call is interesting, s beam less so. We'll just have to wait and see how Verizon castrates it. I figure half the onboard storage, a s**tload of bloat and licked down functionality - the typical Verizon moves.
19. rockstarlive posted on 03 May 2012, 15:06 2 0
I kinda like the blue. Not many high end phones come in that color. Specs are nice. Not sure if the quad core will work with LTE????.
I wanna see benchmarks.
21. biophone posted on 03 May 2012, 15:11 3 4
The phone is too big and ugly the blue is ugly touchwiz is ugly and not exynos in the us. I am a little disappointed but my expectations where too high but the phone looks great but not for me. Can't wait for moto's response.
33. JBz007 posted on 03 May 2012, 15:25 2 1
I think Samsung left some room for the Razr HD to shine. Rumored specs for that are right up there with the GS3.
45. KingKurogiii posted on 03 May 2012, 16:23 1 0
yeah, i think the best bet against the GSIII at this point is the Droid Razr MAXX HD being by Motorola which means reliability in many areas, some directly over Samsung and their impressive manufacturing process which allows them to use extremely large sized batteries which are going 1200mAh over the GSIII's stock battery size (i don't know if it even has a removable battery but it seems unlikely) and not only that but Motorola's implementation of ICS is nearly an entirely stock experience (which has hits & misses in this case) and the Razr series just looks better in mine and i'm sure in most people's opinion. don't get me wrong, the GSIII is a very impressive phone and i'm just saying the Razr MAXX HD may be the only one for a while with a chance against it...
51. GALAXY-S posted on 03 May 2012, 16:38 0 0
to bad the razr line is only exclusive for verizon soo S3 it is!
52. lsutigers posted on 03 May 2012, 18:11 0 0
That may change with the next model.
56. KingKurogiii posted on 04 May 2012, 14:19 0 0
i believe the Atrix 3 and the Photon Q 4G LTE will be quite similar to the MAXX HD.
25. AnnDroid posted on 03 May 2012, 15:15 5 2
I had the Galaxy S and I'm still stinging from lack of gps support. 9+ months with no navagation and no word.
I will never, ever get another Samsung product. Abandonware.
30. rallyguy posted on 03 May 2012, 15:19 2 1
I hear ya, samsung support sucks. Their updates take soooo long.
26. kshell1 posted on 03 May 2012, 15:15 3 0
Congratulations samsung you have yourself another winner, expect my purchase in mid june.
27. ivanko34 posted on 03 May 2012, 15:16 3 0
i could not imagine possible to make better than the s2 but samsung did
this is amazing
28. sid07desai posted on 03 May 2012, 15:16 0 1
basically it is just S2 with better hardware. what makes it a next gen phone? We can see a significant improvement in iphone series i.e. 3GS to 4 to 4s.. what is it about the phone that would make a person who already owns an s2 or nexus to spend 600€ for practically the same thing?
32. rallyguy posted on 03 May 2012, 15:22 1 0
There was pretty much only better hardware going from 4 to 4s also. Apple has to has to make a lot of changes to to stay competitive.
36. tedkord posted on 03 May 2012, 15:29 0 0
"what is it about the phone that would make a person who already owns an s2 or nexus to spend 600€ for practically the same thing?"
Call it the Galaxy 4s?
37. sid07desai posted on 03 May 2012, 15:38 1 0
so you're one of those people who think the name of phone matters more than what it has to offer.
44. tedkord posted on 03 May 2012, 16:19 0 0
29. TheCellX posted on 03 May 2012, 15:19 5 0
Well, I accept HTC One X is a good and nice phone. But people, Samsung just launch an amazing piece of HW and SW. The S3 is a beauty with a beast inside. This will be my next phone...
38. ron1niro posted on 03 May 2012, 15:48 0 2
I'm not a fan and i'm definitely not gonna buy it but i must say, i like the direct call feature.
39. droiddomination posted on 03 May 2012, 15:50 0 4
what a freaking let down! this looks like another piece of plastic crap! why can't they make one that looked awesome like all the fake renders we have been seeing. This looks like nothing new to me at all. i actually think the gs2 is way better and squared off looking. i don't know guys, i am disappointed. guess i will get the note after all. what a let down!!
40. TROLL posted on 03 May 2012, 15:54 1 4
O no dont like the design its to curvy man i wish
it was the other concept design edge to edge even
the S2 looks much better than this same s**t
1 gb ram come in Samsung is it are we asking
what a let down
41. TROLL posted on 03 May 2012, 15:57 1 3
Ugly looking long phone ile stick and be happy
with the S2
Samsung a big let down
46. azri05 (unregistered) posted on 03 May 2012, 16:27 1 0
I'm not really agree it spoil, but yeah ics beauty is gone. sense is still the winner for me personally. sigh...
48. smack2012 posted on 03 May 2012, 16:31 0 1
I knew it wasnt going to be all to that hype, and that is why I bought the galaxy nexus, unlike the s2, its pure google and gets the updates right away. And it has the prettiest screen out right now, I will wait for the iphone 5 for my second phone, wont be getting the s3
53. lsutigers posted on 03 May 2012, 18:17 0 1
Nice phone, no doubt about it. However, at this point its either HTC EVO 4G LTE, Motorola Photon 4G LTE or iPhone 5 for me...
55. ffaarrooqq posted on 04 May 2012, 05:20 1 0
Ahh what the hell!!! Why one 8mp camera? N I hate the back side of the phone becoz it looks like cheap plastic..