Samsung Galaxy S III first benchmarks are out
0. phoneArena 03 May 2012, 16:46 posted on
The Samsung Galaxy S III won’t truly deserve the Android crown for total geeks like us if it can’t prove it in some benchmark action…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. dcgore (Posts: 227; Member since: 24 Feb 2012)
Wow on the S4! i would think of it being better than a quad exynos.
9. Commentator (Posts: 3705; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Engadget's chart shows the AT&T One X equaling or beating the GSIII in every benchmark. I guess that's the difference between Krait and A9, although I really want to see quad-core Krait vs. quad-core A15. I'm also surprised that the Adreno 225 is up to the Mali GPU in the GSIII. Whatever the case, this definitely gets me excited for the Evo 4G LTE.
37. hung2900 (Posts: 956; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Who cares about the fake points from Qualcomm's Vellamo and Linpack (which is the same as I/O score in Quadrant - easy to modify).
If you want to use Quadrant, skip I/O part and you can see how SIII blows S4
44. TimTebow (Posts: 70; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
Then you can see how Tegra 3 blows away the S3. lol
CPU and 3d scores.
32. sgtdisturbed47 (Posts: 601; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Synthetic benchmarks aren't real-life results.
I'm more interested in seeing the battery life.
59. abaza121 (Posts: 17; Member since: 02 Oct 2011)
see that link to read the real benchmarkshttp://www.gsmarena.com/samsun
2. KParks23 (Posts: 627; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
Lmao WOW where is fanboy remix at?? wait till the quad core s4 come and blows this thing away!
8. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
If you don't know by now he talks out of his ass most of the time. Opinionated and ignorants is a bad combo.
16. theBankRobber (Posts: 681; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
I know, Taco is the most uneducated fanboy of all time and calls people out for talking s**t out of their ass. He has alot of nerve, please, Taco WTF are you doing in a Android article? You always talking about people being in Apple articles but come trolling into this post.
21. KParks23 (Posts: 627; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
Well I've been around long enough to know all both of u do is talk out ur ass!
23. theBankRobber (Posts: 681; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Hope your not talking about me, I don't talk s**t out my ass. I like all phones and devices, unlike Taco, I don't argue to the death about my phone and talk about who stole from who, who copied from who and bash One product non stop.
31. KParks23 (Posts: 627; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
No taco and remixfa is who I'm talkin about bro!
25. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
as usual taco is called on his crap and dissapears.
30. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Guys, you're insulting each other over a cellphone/tablet news and review website. Come on. It's alright to share your opinion, but don't let it come to petty insults. Geez
36. VZWuser76 (Posts: 4369; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you say yesterday that you don't troll android stories? You made it a whole day, good for you!
41. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
technically he had already trolled android stories yesterday right before saying it. he never stops lying, its sad.
18. jove39 (Posts: 1876; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Well in that case...why not wait till A15 based quad core Exynos is released...s4 (krait) and Exynos 4412(A9) belongs to diff generation architecture wise.
22. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
history lesson :
both the sgs1 and sgs2 performed subpar in pre release devices (900 and.1900 respectively on quadrant if i remember right), and then were really optimized and running on jet fuel after release..
that's why I always say
benchmarks don't count until they are done in a RETAIL release unit. call me when we get one of those
26. theBankRobber (Posts: 681; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Well at least we know Samsung has a right to brag about there phones, the own all the parts. HTC can only brag about the same design of phones they been using for the past couple of years. Can't talk about a CPU that you don't own and will be in like 10 other Android phones.
3. JunaidZaka (Posts: 28; Member since: 24 Mar 2012)
Gsm arenas benchmark tests tell a different story O.o
4. nihn75 (Posts: 11; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Im so tired of reading about this quad core gsIII. We are not getting the quad core gsIII so stop telling us it will have quad core!!!!!!!
5. rd_nest (Posts: 1593; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
PA, don't write anything you have no clue about. I have dealt with benchmarks everyday and the way you talk make you looks like a retard. I will make it simple for you and not embarrass you further.
1] Why continue to use quadrant?? Seriously?
2] Linpack is a more scaler towards Qualcomm SoC. Similarly Basemark and Electopia also favors Adreno GPU. Also you can only run it at native or WCGA.
3] Nenamark is vsync limited and dependent on resolution.
4] Vellamo is a Qualcomm product. Enough said!
What they should test is:
1] GLbenchmark (true test irrespective of resolution and not limited by vsync)
2] BrowserMark (same as above)
4] Geekbench (cross-platform)
5] MS fishtank test (though IE optimized, but a good browser performance)
6] AnTuTu -- good for multi-threaded operations
12. SheldonCooper (Posts: 2; Member since: 03 May 2012)
Absolutely garbage! You call AnTuTU, Geekbench and Fishtank reliable benchmarks? But Basemark, Nenamark and Vellamo are not? Heheh. Seriously get your facts right.
35. hung2900 (Posts: 956; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Vellamo is aQualcomm product, so you can see crap S3 has high mark in Vellamo too
51. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1524; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
Vellamo is completely biased to the Snapdragons and you can only use it to compare different Qualcomm SoCs.
He is not telling that Nenamark is bad, just the is Vsync limited (true) so in this case is not showing the real performance but the limitation of the Vysinc. In other words, they will need to create a Nenamark 3 for the new set of GPUs (currently on Nenamark 2) or all test will give 60 FPS.
Linpark is not scaling well to 4 cores and that has been clear for some time already, so it's useless till they don't fixt it.
28. ngo2dd (Posts: 896; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
You know PA was not the one that did the testing. You are pretty retarded now. If you look at the source it was from engadet