Samsung Galaxy S III explodes onto the scene, literally
0. phoneArena 21 Jun 2012, 07:31 posted on
A Samsung Galaxy S III owner got the shock of his life when his Samsung Galaxy S III, placed in its car dock with the charger not plugged in, exploded which ultimately left him sans smartphone; Samsung has already commented on the incident...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
54. hepresearch (unregistered)
Yes... yes, you would.
If it's good enough for Apple, then it's good enough for everybody, right?
35. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
This is god's way of saying they shouldn't have put a physical home button on the phone.
51. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1715; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Amen to that, so dang ugly. It's the only reason I wont get one.
72. MISTER-H (banned) (Posts: 87; Member since: 28 May 2012)
Use regret no getting one... Believe me, i own 1 and its faster with no lags!
39. APPLE_R0YALLY (banned) (Posts: 73; Member since: 08 May 2012)
Really good news, just received an update on the Galaxy note, and
upgraded to ICS. LOVING IT. ENJOYING IT! Must say its better than
IOS 5.0.... its way much faster than GB 2.3.6...
40. wmdprod (Posts: 2; Member since: 14 Jun 2012)
this is a made up fluke story by the owner trying to make headlines, whos ever phones this is obviously trying to bring bad rap to this phone. plus no way without it being connected could it create a charge like that to melt the device in one spot. If the battery exploded or such it would have been in a larger area,
42. becazican (Posts: 52; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
i think you are most likely right. i think its a made up story too
43. medicci37 (Posts: 1265; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
That model was made strictly 4 export to the mid-east. It was jut a minor shipping error.
44. yougotkilled1 (Posts: 167; Member since: 27 Apr 2011)
Well, at least Samsung is approaching the problem after seeing it happen once. Unlike other phone companies, they would wait to see if more people would submit the problem. Sad day to see such a beast of a phone have something faulty like that :(
50. MEeee (Posts: 317; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
This guy used a $1 made in China charger to charge his S3 and lied about it to get a free replacement S3.
55. OpTiMuS_BlAcK (Posts: 418; Member since: 04 May 2012)
And what would it benefit him exactly?
70. vietnam83 (Posts: 2; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
free replacement... if he said i use a none approve charger he would not get a replacement!
56. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
man, now samsung phones are exploding. Where is taco to come in screaming that samsung is copying apple's iExplode feature!?!?
81. wendygarett (unregistered)
Taco has tried his best not to bashing around... So don't taunt him please :)
59. sithman (banned) (Posts: 299; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Bring on the new iPhone. Can we say build quality.
60. sithman (banned) (Posts: 299; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
iPhone cracks if u drop it. Gs3 explodes if u purchase it. Death grip vs explosagrip
62. becazican (Posts: 52; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
so when did this guy get his galaxy 3 that it already exploded, it came out today ,preorders were not received till today , this article came out 3 hours ago , i would say thats damn fast. its a fake.
63. vietnam83 (Posts: 2; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
That dumb ass is lying! He plugged in his cheap ass charger which cause the short. If he just got the phone from the store what the first thing he do when he get to his car? Plug it in and charge it!
65. yazbuh (Posts: 29; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
Lucky I didn't buy a SGS3 immedately.... Sticky to the S2 for a while...
87. wendygarett (unregistered)
Agree sgs2 is way better than sgs3... I dont give a f**k whether it is quad core or not...
71. skymitch89 (Posts: 1283; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
At least Samsung admits that one of it's devices has had a problem and didn't put the blame on the user. I take it that this was an international version? I think that this might have happened because of the quad-core processor and no ventilation on the device. I'm thinking that with all the mobile processing power that is coming out to devices, and the larger screens and batteries, device manufacturers need to start putting in cooling vents/cooling fans like they do with laptops. I'd rather have a device that is thicker with a cooling fan than have a device that is really thin and prone to overheating.
75. Watchmanz (Posts: 12; Member since: 01 May 2012)
Why should this guy have to wait? It's clearly a warranty issue and should have been replaced immediately by the carrier.
76. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
wow this beats the iphone going in flames..
80. Hammerfest (Posts: 382; Member since: 12 May 2012)
Someone else already posted it but I dont feel like getting lost in a reply chain:
The factors are not clear from what I read, he said it was in his car dock*, and that the adapter wasnt plugged in**
Now to go over this statement:
*I have a car dock as well for my device, when I plug it in, the CORD for the ADAPTER gets plugged in, snazzy car-dock if you ask me, which leads me to:
**Does he say what his adapter wasnt plugged in TO? IE It could have been plugged into the phone, but not the vehicle!
So if he had a 3rd party POS car dock and just didnt have the adapter plugged into the vehicle to charge, Its POSSIBLE, see that I said POSSIBLE that the problem didnt/doesnt originate from the device itself, and a recall shouldnt be necessary... but a WARNING should ALWAYS be given about 3rd party adapters! (hell should be an industry standard)
I tried to go over the source, but its a TL;DR situation, and CTRL+F didnt find any relative terms...
Also of note: I watched people talking on their cell phones ever since what was it a week ago with the SG3 "antanna gate" Samsung style came out... GUESS WHAT, the majority of people DID in-fact have their hand covering the back/bottom portions of the phone... GJ apple and samsung with antanna placement!
90. becazican (Posts: 52; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
strange i have my samsung galaxy s3 and i am comparing the back with that phone, there should be writing on the bottom of the back say galaxy sIII but there isnt any on this pic and i have blown the pic up to 400 percent