Samsung Galaxy S III: design, specs and release date rumors
0. phoneArena posted on 15 Mar 2012, 08:39
It's safe to say that last year's Samsung Galaxy S II became the ultimate Android smartphone of all times. The handset found its place at the very top of every Android fan's wish list, and rightfully so, as it managed to fit a large screen in a relatively compact body, as well as an outstanding processor, amazing camera and pretty much everything else that you might think of...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Yeahman posted on 15 Mar 2012, 08:41 15 0
There's so much hype around this phone. I wanna see it already!
10. bobfreking55 posted on 15 Mar 2012, 09:09 6 0
"We have a picture of the real deal, but won't show it to you, just because... OMG, don't shoot!!! We have no picture here, it was just a joke! Jesus..."
that made my day.
I recall iPhone 5 Hypes... and now everyone is hyped for the S3.
2. DanMarino13 posted on 15 Mar 2012, 08:46 3 0
If i get an Android phone as opposed to a Windows phone in 2012, this will be my one and only consideration.
3. remixfa posted on 15 Mar 2012, 08:50 9 0
samsung is working on a reduced bezel/ bezel free screen.. hopefully that will be in the sgs3 to compensate for an increased screen size.
also the 4212 chip is 42mb/s and lte compatible so we should see the end of the crap American versions.
4. protozeloz posted on 15 Mar 2012, 08:52 3 0
About the screen, is they get rid of the home button it may fit 4.8" rather easy without compromising the device. What I really want to see instead of a thinner profile is a better battery, maybe a technology that gives me 1 day of heavy usage while being as thick as its predecessor, I think companies are doing it Wong, we don't want bulky phones of course we want them compact, but bragging about a thin phone means nothing if battery won't last
55. Phullofphil posted on 16 Mar 2012, 03:32 1 0
If you want to get a idea i am.betting the galaxy nexus with improved hardware and better materals. So the only thing simular i would.guess is ics android 4 and a all screen no hardwar button design like nexus so fitting a 4.6 inch screen into the same size body of the galaxy s 2 is easily done. My guess is there waiting to get the new exenos chip out for this phone and have about 1.5 or 2 gb of memmory. Even though at this point having dedicated memmory for each of the graphics and main computer area like a regular computer would be more eficiant. The screen resolution i am guesing is samebas galaxy nexus but rgb instead of pentile. I do hope.all the hard ware lile the speakers and led lights and lte radio and more are better tjey are not that good at all on my galaxy nexus. Motorola i think is tops in that area as with battery life and management. Thin is good bit if they can make it thinner but have optional extended battery like the galaxy nexus that does not change the overal shape but a bigger battery increase is my main hope. Battery life on lte is the key for me
5. rd_nest posted on 15 Mar 2012, 08:55 6 0
1. Design - no clue. Ceramic seems like a possibility.
2. Processor - Exynos 5250 (hopefully). Why are you guys so excited about quad core 4412?? That's A9 old tech. Exynos 5250 will slaughter anything out there including A5X, Tegra3, S4. That thing is the only SoC with 12.8GB/s memory bandwidth. Double of anything under the sun right now. Only SoC which natively supports 2560 x 1600 WQXGA display. It uses T604 GPU which is 5x times powerful compared to a Mali400. Even after all these, which moron would like to take a 4412 instead of a 5250??
3. Memory - anything between 1 and 2 GB.
4. Rest all are mere speculation. Launch before London Olympics.
18. remixfa posted on 15 Mar 2012, 09:26 6 0
the 4412 dual core offers a 50% improvement over the current 4410 in power and battery life. which is still more than the t3 or s4. so yea.. make it a quad core and its near 100% improvement in power. the 5xxx exynos a15 dual core is the same power as the 4212 quad core but with better battery usage and probably an increased gpu. the 5xxx quad core is going to be monster when it drops. but neither of the 5xxx chips are expected before Christmas. it would be great to be in the sgs3 but don't get your hopes up too high.
40. rd_nest posted on 15 Mar 2012, 13:53 1 0
5250 is in mass production from Q2.
This was clearly stated in the Q4 earning call.
6. arcq12 posted on 15 Mar 2012, 08:58 3 30
Knowing Crapsung, their designs are a total CRAP. Plastic all over the body again for sure and boring looks.
53. arcq12 posted on 16 Mar 2012, 02:18 0 3
you do realize that all of those mentioned in this article are all RUMORS.. and YES IT SAYS THAT SAMSUNG WILL USE CERAMIC. But its still a rumor. If you follow Samsung models, all are made with cheap plastics and all of them looks boooring. I doubt that Samsung will use ceramic or something else.
57. u-suck-more posted on 16 Mar 2012, 07:46 1 0
Specs of iPhone 5
-Retina Amoled Display
-Quad Core processor
-2gb of RAM
-Premium quality material
summary of all the things i heard abt the up coming iPhone5. sounds like a killer phone doesnt it? oh but im sorry, IT'S JUST A RUMOR, and yet, look at all the iPhone freaks believing it
42. Dr.Phil posted on 15 Mar 2012, 14:42 5 1
Aw someone seems to be a little upset because they know deep down that Apple has been using the same design for their iPhone (with the exception of the HUGE change [sarcasm] from having a rounded back to a more rectangular look) since its creation back in 2007.
45. gallitoking posted on 15 Mar 2012, 16:39 1 3
yep little design since 2007 and still be one of the nicest looking cell phone out there... why change the design when second string Android other than the RAZR and the Xperia has failed to come out with nice looking phones
47. Dr.Phil posted on 15 Mar 2012, 17:08 5 2
First of all, the iPhone 4 and 4S are not "nice looking". The old iPhone 3G and 3GS were the best looking out of all of them. The design is overused and now that it is rectangular looking, they also made it look worse. I think the only reason they didn't change the design was because they knew no matter what that people would buy it because it had their name on it, so to them it was like why even bother? I bet you if Apple were to slap their logo on a Samsung design people would eat it up like candy.
54. arcq12 posted on 16 Mar 2012, 02:21 0 3
why do some people are just plain stupid?
I criticize Samsung but it doesn't mean that I'm an iPhone or Apple user. I'm an Android user and I use HTC. They have way better taste than Crapsung.
59. dustadorre posted on 18 Mar 2012, 17:08 0 0
Do you really need to say Crapsung? It makes you sound 10 years old and lends no credibility to what you are saying...
30. plgladio posted on 15 Mar 2012, 10:15 0 0
Though I'm an Android fan, I don't like only one thing the updates we receive after we buy the phone, apart from that all good.
If you say about plastic, most of the people need durability, which we get in the plastic. Ugly design, might be for few people, because all our thoughts will not be same. Apple royalist, good that you like a product and support for it, same we do for Android and Samsung. Beside I've Samsung Android phone and Apple iPad 2 :)
9. Alantef posted on 15 Mar 2012, 09:03 5 0
sounds awesome i dont wanna talk about this phone til i see FACT and not guessing otherwise it turns into "iphone like hype"....but a pure mix of GS2 and Galaxy Nexus would be awesome on its own but your saying even better than that....awesome
21. kshell1 posted on 15 Mar 2012, 09:28 6 0
Nope, the ceramic that is possibly being used is stronger than the aluminum used in some phones
23. u-suck-more posted on 15 Mar 2012, 09:31 1 0
ohhh.. i hope it is.. if not one fall and the phone's a goner :/
looking forward to it tho ^^
25. kshell1 posted on 15 Mar 2012, 09:32 3 0
me to, just by the rumors im hyped up
27. u-suck-more posted on 15 Mar 2012, 09:36 1 0
35. xfire99 posted on 15 Mar 2012, 12:17 1 0
Dont think Samsung make a ceramic body that will break easily and ceramic carbide for an ex, can only be scratch by diamond.
Of course I doubt ceramic carbide black will be use on SGS3. Just as ex: how strong ceramic can be. :)
Not those ceramic vase that breaks easily.
28. kshell1 posted on 15 Mar 2012, 09:36 0 0
29. greathero1 posted on 15 Mar 2012, 10:08 0 0
I don't like this design at all. What happened to the other design with the oversized clock widget on it? That one looked too awesome.
32. EarnYourLeather posted on 15 Mar 2012, 10:37 5 0
They're both fan made design concepts anyway, neither are likely to be an accurate representation of the device.
31. ugashan posted on 15 Mar 2012, 10:24 0 3
Really I can't not wait until July and I don't like this design.Samsung get the design from Apple?
36. Murfpass posted on 15 Mar 2012, 12:28 4 0
They should call it the New Galaxy S. Just to mess with Apple
37. XiphiasGladius posted on 15 Mar 2012, 12:42 1 0
Looks like I'm getting one for Christmas. . .
38. willardcw4 posted on 15 Mar 2012, 13:15 1 0
Announcement and international release in July.
U.S. Carrier roll-out will start in August.
43. solidsnakeduds013 posted on 15 Mar 2012, 14:58 5 0
All I'm saying is this phone has to come out before the iphone
44. taz89 posted on 15 Mar 2012, 15:51 2 0
dont mind waiting as i still have 12months on my contracting but hopefully it comes out within the next 3 months....also has another phone apart from the iphone been so hyped and eagerly awaited for...also as ray said samsung have done a great job to keep the phone from being leaked which just keeps the hype up.
50. spindoctor55 posted on 15 Mar 2012, 18:05 1 1
Let me spell it out for Samsung!!!
Processor: 2/4 core 1.8GHZ or > Exynos compatible with LTE!!!
Battery: > 2000MaH. Must be removable!!!
Memory: 16/32GB!!! Must include MicroSD slot!!!
Resolution: 720x1280 or >!!!
Body: Something other than all plastic!!! Choice of colors too!!!
Camera: 8MP (with flash) but with little or no shutter delay!!!
Comments: Add some weight to your phones...Too light feels cheap no matter how you look at it, Also no reason to go crazy thin either!!!
Do this and watch the iphone5 sales stall and Apple with drop down to under $400 bucks per share!!!
51. VJo003 posted on 15 Mar 2012, 20:25 2 0
I don't think battery is given due respect.
Hope Samsung can really show some innovation in this department.
What's the point of having a Ferrari but no fuel.
52. InspectorGadget80 posted on 15 Mar 2012, 20:51 0 1
should i get the iON or wait for GS III. PLEASE HELP!!!! These SPECS ARE A DREAM COME TRUE
56. ncoder posted on 16 Mar 2012, 03:53 0 0
If Samsung follows Apple marketing, then this is what they will say:
- "The new Galaxy S is revolutionary"
- "8-cores" (4 CPU + 4 GPU)
- "The best Ultra Super Eagle Retina Plus technology"
- "Top notch build super resistant and durable"
- "The most powerful mobile device in the Universe"
- "8x more powerful than Apple 4s"
- "30x more powerful than any Windows Phone"
61. sajithm posted on 04 Apr 2012, 09:02 0 0
http://www.galaxys3.in - Samsung Galaxy S3 Specifications